For the occasion, Microsoft announced a raft of new updates for the operating system as part of its Windows 10 Anniversary Update – including an expansion of Windows Hello to increase security, improvements to Cortana, and enhancements to Skype. Ther...
NBN. Three letters so disliked even my own laptop keys are beginning to protest the frequency of their use, sticking under the weight of my tired, tired hands.
Last month I had the pleasure of interviewing one of the co-founders of the new Australian Flux Party, Nathan Spataro, a BitCoin-inspired political movement that comes with its own app.
Whether an application is online and customer facing, or supporting internal operations, there’s a shared need that drives the user experience and related satisfaction – performance. In turn, it can dramatically affect the business value of the appli...
Retailers are under pressure from many fronts: online competitors are undercutting them; consumer expectations are skyrocketing; and innovation can be expensive. The cloud provides a clear solution to these challenges.
The UK’s Computer Weekly reports that, on Monday, The Australian High Commission in the UK held an event for UK startups, called “The Australian technology and innovation forum” which hoped to attract UK innovators and startups should Brexit happen.
In a world where cloud computing is perceived as the be-all and end-all of the technology and IT landscape, the mainframe has been labelled as antiquated and irrelevant. But this actually couldn’t be further from the truth.
Business, finance, law and the health care industry has been quick to see the many advantages associated with maintaining a virtual data room. Government offices and non-profit organizations have also begun to employ these virtual data rooms. Much li...
A new category of virtual reality is emerging -- somewhere between tethered consoles and smartphone add-ons.
Apple saw how we actually used our Apple Watches, and adapted watchOS to fit. Hallelujah!
Microsoft buying LinkedIn makes good sense — for Microsoft. I’m not so sure about LinkedIn users.
Google buying Nest is a good example of why most companies should avoid acquisitions. Columnist Rob Enderle writes that you can’t buy people, and a firm without the employees who made it a success is a failure in the making.
For long-time Microsoft watchers, we are hearing more talk around the possibility of Windows-as-a-Service becoming a reality in the not too distant future.
Step aside, Siri, Cortana and Alexa. We look at three new virtual assistants that raise the bar for usefulness, interactivity and personalization.
Any software — even a premier operating system — that gets onto computers through stealth means has crossed over to the dark side.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW