Two centuries back, a fun evening was had amongst the aristocracy by playing parlour games. In recent decades, these have been replaced by board games. The new millennial version of such games is what I call The Internet Game - friends and family sit...
The highlight of Billy's birthday party was the breaking of the pinata, after which Billy and his friends competed for candy, gathering up what fell from the broken paper sculpture.
Personal computing is almost two decades old - decidedly hoary in techno-years.
Pop music. Everyone talk about . . . pop music! Whether or not you think Napster is naughty or nice, shutting it down won't stop the music, with plenty of wannabes fighting for the download crown.
You better, you bettor, you bet
Cash into ash
The love network
Internet for all
More than meets the eye
A recent survey has uncovered a truth that most of us have suspected: many Web sites are more concerned with profits than protecting their customers' privacy. Is the era of self-regulation on the Net about to end?
If Transmeta's ambitions are fulfilled then the future will be awash with barefoot computer users, boldly going where none has gone before.
You'd never give a walk-in customer stale information, but an awful lot of you are giving Web customers very stale information.
E-mail is a great medium, so versatile for both the irrelevant and the relevant, the germane and the plain silly.
Tivo, which is a network computer based on Linux and other open-source software, is essentially an ingenious set-top computer that does something other than bring Web browsing to television.
Expect to see a lot more free-ISPs in the very near future.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW