Google is set to release a pair of smartwatches alongside next month's release of Android Wear 2.0, and there's a lot riding on them.
Instead of making unfashionable smart glasses, Apple will make fashionable glasses smart.
Microsoft is reducing the data it collects from your Windows 10 PCs, but what does that really mean? Good question. Microsoft isn’t saying.
New monetization schemes on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook let sites profit from inequality.
Remember the good old days, when you could brag about your MacBook Pro? Apple's latest has disillusioned many fans, but there's an answer: Bring back the beefy MacBook Pro 17. Here's how it could make Apple laptops great again.
By trying to extend the right to be forgotten beyond its borders, France is interfering with other nations’ sovereignty.
At CES this week, we're learning that virtual assistants like Amazon's Alexa will be delivered as a utility to almost every appliance in your home.
iPhone may have the retina display, but Google's phone is Pixel perfect.
With the climate warming before our eyes and global efforts to rein in greenhouse emissions so-far insufficient, the IT sector plays a critical role in mitigating and adapting to climate change.
Much has been written about the increasing use of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). These technologies, which until quite recently were the stuff of Hollywood films, are now shifting into the mainstream as they become more sophisticat...
If you love going to the movies or live sporting events, but could do without high ticket and concession prices — not to mention babysitting costs — it’s time to create your own in-home entertainment center. A home entertainment room doesn’t have to ...
It’s not new news. IoT devices are vulnerable to attack.
An entire anti-drone industry is emerging. These new tools will enable drone detection, tracking, identification, disabling, and even hacking and hijacking the drones as they fly.
What we can do to keep all those clever devices from causing harm.
In the tech industry, trends are perpetually shifting, and only a few hang around to become long-term mainstays of the field. In 2017, these are some of the topics likely to be dominating conversation.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC