A new category of virtual reality is emerging -- somewhere between tethered consoles and smartphone add-ons.
Apple saw how we actually used our Apple Watches, and adapted watchOS to fit. Hallelujah!
Microsoft buying LinkedIn makes good sense — for Microsoft. I’m not so sure about LinkedIn users.
Google buying Nest is a good example of why most companies should avoid acquisitions. Columnist Rob Enderle writes that you can’t buy people, and a firm without the employees who made it a success is a failure in the making.
For long-time Microsoft watchers, we are hearing more talk around the possibility of Windows-as-a-Service becoming a reality in the not too distant future.
Step aside, Siri, Cortana and Alexa. We look at three new virtual assistants that raise the bar for usefulness, interactivity and personalization.
Any software — even a premier operating system — that gets onto computers through stealth means has crossed over to the dark side.
For most businesses, data is exploding at a rapid rate. According to IDC, by the year 2020, about 1.7 megabytes of new information will be created every second for every person on the planet.
The wisdom of the crowd is showing the way to a harassment-free social Internet: Bring back the "walled garden."
Harassment of women in tech is a problem that Intel, Lady Gaga and others are urging top tech execs to fight. Columnist Rob Enderle writes that we have to stop tolerating this behavior in order to stop it.
What is hard to understand is why LinkedIn didn’t feel the need to force password changes until four years after the breach.
Digital transformation is now a must, not an option. Businesses that don’t embark on the journey, and fast, will be left behind. One of the key differentiators between those who succeed at digital transformation, and those who simply come along for t...
As a direct impact of the mobile web, we have a tremendous rise in online sales. The fact that a shopper can browse goods while using public transport, on a brake or in other similar, everyday situations is also a major factor. This is why Ecommerce ...
A recent survey of Australian workers found 73 per cent believe their office is slow to adopt the latest technologies. While there are countless reasons for why this could be, I find that a hesitance to adjust to changing customer and employee expect...
Google's newest social app is called Google Spaces. Here's why you should use it, and how.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Gain access to an ARM server running Linux OS, through the cloud
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC