The UK’s Computer Weekly reports that, on Monday, The Australian High Commission in the UK held an event for UK startups, called “The Australian technology and innovation forum” which hoped to attract UK innovators and startups should Brexit happen.
In a world where cloud computing is perceived as the be-all and end-all of the technology and IT landscape, the mainframe has been labelled as antiquated and irrelevant. But this actually couldn’t be further from the truth.
Business, finance, law and the health care industry has been quick to see the many advantages associated with maintaining a virtual data room. Government offices and non-profit organizations have also begun to employ these virtual data rooms. Much li...
A new category of virtual reality is emerging -- somewhere between tethered consoles and smartphone add-ons.
Apple saw how we actually used our Apple Watches, and adapted watchOS to fit. Hallelujah!
Microsoft buying LinkedIn makes good sense — for Microsoft. I’m not so sure about LinkedIn users.
Google buying Nest is a good example of why most companies should avoid acquisitions. Columnist Rob Enderle writes that you can’t buy people, and a firm without the employees who made it a success is a failure in the making.
For long-time Microsoft watchers, we are hearing more talk around the possibility of Windows-as-a-Service becoming a reality in the not too distant future.
Step aside, Siri, Cortana and Alexa. We look at three new virtual assistants that raise the bar for usefulness, interactivity and personalization.
Any software — even a premier operating system — that gets onto computers through stealth means has crossed over to the dark side.
For most businesses, data is exploding at a rapid rate. According to IDC, by the year 2020, about 1.7 megabytes of new information will be created every second for every person on the planet.
The wisdom of the crowd is showing the way to a harassment-free social Internet: Bring back the "walled garden."
Harassment of women in tech is a problem that Intel, Lady Gaga and others are urging top tech execs to fight. Columnist Rob Enderle writes that we have to stop tolerating this behavior in order to stop it.
What is hard to understand is why LinkedIn didn’t feel the need to force password changes until four years after the breach.
Digital transformation is now a must, not an option. Businesses that don’t embark on the journey, and fast, will be left behind. One of the key differentiators between those who succeed at digital transformation, and those who simply come along for t...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia