Apple and Intel early last year announced Thunderbolt, a high-speed interconnect that much like USB connects host computers to peripherals such as external storage devices or monitors. Apple quickly adopted the technology and is now putting Thunderbo...
Apple CEO Tim Cook, along with a few friends, Monday performed the annual Apple Worldwide Developers Conference keynote. The show must go on, even without Steve Jobs, and it sure did go on -- two well-packed hours of Apple mantra and mania. They did ...
It's really not all that difficult to do a little self-vetting of the apps you install on your mobile devices.
In discussions about cloud computing and in comments readers leave on my blog posts, I commonly get statements along the lines of "Yeah, this cloud computing stuff sounds great, but at the end of the day, you have to have an IT guy solving problems l...
I love my iPad, but I hate what it represents.
If you've read this blog over the past couple of years, it should be no surprise that I am a huge advocate of the theories of Clayton Christensen, author of "The Innovator's Dilemma." Christensen and his book were brought to mind this week by the cov...
Why was Eric Schmidt suddenly demoted as Google's CEO? There are as many opinions as there are analysts, but I think the reason is clear: Google is worried that it's suffering from Microsoft syndrome, and thinks having Schmidt step aside may be the c...
I'm still getting acquainted with my new company. As a security manager, that means I'm seeking out all the risks that are lurking in various functional areas.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control, and we'll be lucky to live through it."
Where is the iPad's competition?
Maybe it's time to rethink the cloud. Yeah, I know -- at this point, most IT shops haven't thought through the cloud the first time. But Microsoft's recent troubles keeping its cloud services available to users shine a harsh light on the issue of clo...
As an IT management consultant, I look at a lot of processes. They're everywhere. And so are the misconceptions about what makes them useful.
Google has been found guilty of libel by a French court as a result of the company's automated search suggestions. Google plans to appeal the ruling, a company spokeswoman said Monday.
God, I love the InterWebs. Years from now, scholars dissecting the complete disintegration of journalism in the 21st century will look back at us and say, what the frak? The example du jour: The Facebook Phone rumors, which were sparked this past wee...
If your company or organisation is not currently considering migrating its email systems onto a cloud computing platform, you're in danger of being left behind. That's the conclusion I have reached after six months of closely following the Australian...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia