Six months on and Sony has updated its flagship smartphone with the Z3. Not enough time has passed for the company to release a brand new device. In fact, it’s best to think of the Z3 as a ‘lite’ version of the widely praised Xperia Z2.
Huawei has taken off the gloves with its Mate7 phablet. The 6-inch smartphone wraps a bevy of cutting-edge tech in a coat of metal armour and tops the recipe off with simplistic software inspired by none other than Apple.
Storage companies are now pro-mobile as they release hard drives equipped with wireless smarts. Seagate released its Wireless Plus in August, which scored well in Good Gear Guide’s review, and now rival Western Digital is adding its contribution to t...
If a little laptop for getting on the Internet and doing some basic browsing and word processing sounds like your cup of tea, then Acer’s Chromebook 11 (CB3-111) should be right up your alley. It’s an 11.6in laptop with a light weight and a small foo...
If you ask Seagate, network attached storage (NAS) devices are no longer IT-driven, but instead crossing over to the mainstream. For this reason, it makes sense that NAS devices for home office users and families be easy to install and maintain. The ...
HP's Pro Tablet 610 G1 is a 10.1in slate that's geared towards small business users who need a highly mobile tablet device that can run regular Windows software. HP's goal with this tablet was to bring 64-bit capability to the market at an affordable...
Samsung’s M7 is the top dog of its modular speaker line. It forms part of a range that makes it possible to line your home with inconspicuous speakers, each churning out the music of your choice, and it’s all controlled from the nifty remote known co...
With the ASUS Zenbook UX303LN, you get an Ultrabook with oomph. It’s designed with the intention of providing better graphics than usual, thanks to the inclusion of a discrete NVIDIA GeForce 840M adapter, and it will at least give you an opportunity ...
The DNA for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 nexts in the Galaxy Alpha. It is the first Samsung smartphone to have a metal chassis, and at 4.7-inches, it’s easier to use day in and day out.
Linksys released its flagship WRT1900AC, 802.11ac router a good few months ago now, and our intention was to bring you our review after one month of solid usage. The key word here is 'solid', as it's something that this router failed to exhibit in it...
MotorStorm was one of the more memorable games to come out for the launch of the PlayStation 3.
The small tweaks Apple has made to its iPad flagship have a big impact. The new iPad is thinner and lighter, has a better screen, maintains battery life and is more powerful. It’s also worth noting the original iPad Air was a stellar tablet from the ...
Having an external battery pack on hand to charge your phone or tablet while you’re on the go is almost standard practice for many of us who are afraid of being caught out with a powerless device. There are many too choose from, and the main buying c...
The original Forza Horizon was a surprise hit when it came out in 2012.
Skylanders is a unique series that mixes video games with real-life plastic figurines.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Symantec identifies sophisticated, stealthy 'Regin' malware
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC