While Seagate is lagging behind the world in SSDs it is stretching the imagination when it comes to building mechanical hard disks for different functions. In addition to the regular 3.5-inch desktop drives and 2.5-inch ‘laptop’ drives there are now...
Seagate’s Solid State Hybrid Drives (SSHD) have been around for a while. They are 2.5-inch form-factor mechanical hard disks but with an extra-large portion of ‘intelligent’ solid-state memory which, under the right circumstances, give SSD-like perf...
I really wanted to like The Division. But after sinking more than 30 hours into the game and slogging through one repetitive enemy encounter after the next, I was left disappointed. I put off reviewing the game for too long in the hopes that I might...
The Need for Speed franchise has taken many different turns over the years. It’s moved from the underground street racing of Undercover to the driving simulation of Shift to the free-to-play MMO racing of World and the cartoon stylings of Nitro to t...
It’s no longer fair to classify NAS devices as mere ‘Network Attached Storage’ as nowadays they operate more like full-blown servers that can handle everything from cloud based-storage to 4K video transcoding.
These stylish bags work in all urban environments
Independent workers and contractors often find themselves unprepared when it comes to tracking the time, costs and invoicing for projects. We review three apps that could help.
Historical photo presets join a swift, lightweight organizer to create unique film looks and special effects.
Forget the alt-history Koreans—it's the bugs that are the real problem in Homefront: The Revolution. This revolution should not be televised.
Evolutionary release with a new licensing program
Hail to the new king of graphics cards, baby. Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 proves that the jump to 16nm GPU technology is as mind-blowing as we'd all hoped it would be.
HP's latest Windows 10 laptop, the EliteBook Folio G1, comes in touch and non-touch versions; it offers a bright display, great keyboard and a variety of options.
Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet boasts a superb kickstand, smartly designed pen attachments, a solid keyboard, and good-enough performance. It ranks highly among the convertible tablets we've tested.
You’re on Mars. There are demons. The demons need to die. If that's not enough story for you, then too bad.
Two hours in, it's the best shooter since Wolfenstein: The New Order. Sorry I ever doubted you, Doom.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW