Microsoft has released the 640 XL in Australia. Think of the XL variant as the bigger brother to the 640 as it benefits from a bigger screen, battery and cameras. Otherwise, the two smartphones are identical.
Canon’s PowerShot SX530 HS may look and feel rather clunky, but it’s a versatile camera that packs a massive zoom lens and some good ease-of-use features. We like to call it an all-round camera, simply because you can use it for portraits (people and...
The 65UF950T is an LED-backlit LCD television that supports the nascent ultra high definition resolution. Plenty of hype surrounds the UHD standard, as its 3840x2160 resolution crams 8.29 million pixels into a panel -- four times the amount found on ...
The Jawbone UP2 experience is different to that of many other activity tracking devices we’ve seen. It’s a wristband rather than a wristwatch, but a wristband without a dedicated screen. You can’t glance at it to see your progress and there are no bu...
Samsung's NX500 mirrorless camera is a rare unit. It possesses an almost impeccable balance of wonderful picture quality that will please experienced photographers, along with a control layout and menu system that will appeal to users making the leap...
Finding the right laptop should be about feel and comfort as much as it is about specs. For many of us, the specs don’t matter that much. What we value most in a Windows-based laptop is easy portability, good keys, connectivity features, and somethin...
Tesla’s approach to the automobile is a reimagining. The company’s Model S has a boot at the back and another at the front. The motor is electric and it can send 270 kilowatts of power to the rear wheels. There is no petrol engine. This is not a hybr...
TP-Link is a brand most often associated with low-cost, mid-tier routers that are good value for money. It’s something that we’ve identified in our past reviews, and something that’s certainly travelled via ‘word-of-mouth’ in forums where such things...
FIVE fully grown men sat in the Mazda 6 an hour into a drive. “There’s so much room in here,” one said. We’ll call him Adam, because that’s what his parents call him.
The Surge is the cream of Fitbit’s crop of fitness tracking devices. It’s a relatively large smartwatch which incorporates a ton of features that make it do more than just track steps and elevation. In particular, it has GPS, and it also includes a b...
Often headphones negate comfort in an effort to be attractive. Other times they lean too far the other way, prioritising function over aesthetics. Bang & Olufsen’s over-ear headphones strike a fine balance between the two as method shines through the...
A number of differences have been made to the One (M8s), though none of them are visible on the outside. Housed in brushed metal is an octa-core processor, an improved camera and a larger battery, all of which make this an exceptional value-for-money...
The SH-ALL1C forms part of Panasonic’s multi-room audio product portfolio, which also includes speakers such as the SC-ALL8 and SC-ALL3. It’s not a speaker on its own, but instead can be used as an interface to connect your existing Hi-Fi to your hom...
The largest of Panasonic’s multi-room speakers is the SC-ALL8. It’s not an altogether unattractive speaker, and because it’s wireless except for its power cable, it can be situated anywhere in the home that’s within range of a power outlet. However, ...
Imation's Link Power Drive serves double duty as an external, on-the-go storage device and portable battery charger for an iPhone. It comes in useful when you want to carry extra music and video files with you, which you can then play directly off th...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC