Software protects you while you surf the Web.
LG's GSA-H55L burner offers more than just an increase in speed over its predecessor, the GSA-H42L. It also ships with the latest version of Nero Essentials, which features SecurDisc - a security technology co-developed by LG and Nero to keep your da...
Canon's MV920 digital video camera certainly sits at an affordable price point. The cheapest camera in their line-up and one of the cheapest overall models on the market, the MV920 is a decent choice for novice photographers wanting to take their fir...
Olympus' compact cameras have always impressed us with their sleek, angular design, and the MJU 780 is no exception. It is one of the best looking compact cameras on the market, with a slim and sturdy metal build that is sure to please feature hungry...
The Samsung ML-2571N offers fast monochrome printing in a relatively compact package, but it has few features that set it apart from the competition.
A fashionable smart phone with a large touch screen, Motorola's MOTOROKR E6 features a 2 megapixel camera with 8x zoom, dedicated music keys, A2DP Bluetooth, and removable storage for extra memory. Although its looks may be appealing, the lack of a b...
The HTC Touch is a compact and stylish smart phone that uses touch screen navigation to provide quick access to key features. Running the new Windows Mobile 6 operating system, the Touch responds to movement, and recognises the sweep of your finger t...
QNAP's TS-109 Pro is a network attached storage (NAS) enclosure that can house one 3.5in Serial ATA hard drive. It doesn't come with a hard drive, so users can install the capacity of their choice, up to 1TB.
If you're looking for an all-in-one networking device, the ASUS WL-600g isn't a bad choice. It's a solidly built unit with plenty of features, but its user-interface could be a little clearer and its FTP server function is limited.
It's hard to guard against the loss of USB keys or external hard drives in the workplace, but good encryption means that even if a user does lose a removable drive with valuable data on it, then that data won't be readable.
The Acer TravelMate 5720G is one of Acer's new Centrino-based (Santa Rosa) notebooks. It's affordable, well-built and has plenty of speed and storage capacity. In performance and battery tests the TravelMate 5720G performed very well, and its sturdy,...
Philips' new HTS8100 home theatre is a somewhat new take on the way we currently experience surround sound with home theatre systems. Comprised of a single 'bar', encompassing a DVD player, directional speakers, and a subwoofer, the HTS8100 uses Ambi...
Philips' DVR5100 is a capable device for users looking for high definition digital reception and recording functionality. However, its relatively limited list of functions combined with a high price, make it an unsuitable choice for a majority of use...
Acer's PD727 is a large, DLP business projector, designed with permanent installation in mind. It has a variety of connectivity types, making it suitable for a range of input devices. While it does offer great specifications, such as a 4000 ansi lume...
The Mitsubishi Electric HC1100 is a DLP home theatre projector with a native resolution of 1280x720. It's capable of projecting images in standard and high definition modes to a maximum resolution of 1080i. We performed a battery of tests on each mod...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD