An artfully designed ultraportable and convertible Windows Tablet PC, the HP Pavilion tx1000 is geared for multimedia. It's lightweight and has some distinctive design touches, including a unique touchpad, that make it interesting. However, its poor ...
The Lenovo ThinkCentre M55 9BM (88089BM) is the embodiment of Lenovo's business PC philosophy, and it comes with some nice hardware too. It's a compact, plain box, and has almost everything an office PC needs to keep you productive. It's also reasona...
The Sony VAIO VGN-SZ48GN/C is an ultra portable notebook with impressive specifications and solid battery life. Including a DVD-RW combo drive, a built-in fingerprint reader and running Windows Vista Business Edition, the SZ48 is ideal for mobile pro...
Logitech has long been at the forefront of PC desktop solutions and in the diNovo Edge it has created a stunning media keyboard that features a touchpad, a touch-sensitive volume bar and backlit media controls. If you can afford its hefty asking pric...
The LG LST-6100P set top box delivers decent digital TV reception and HD quality output, but it's marred by an interface that can be frustrating to use. Support for 5.1 surround sound does help to redeem it, however, and those users who can get past ...
Astone's i-P22 is another product in the growing line of portable iPod speaker systems. It is a fairly standard device that offers a range of power options and a dock for your iPod, however it somewhat differentiates itself from the pack by offering ...
The Harman/Kardon DVD37 is a high-end DVD player, designed to be used with similarly high-end audio and visual equipment. With its impressive range of video and audio connections, this is a player aimed squarely at advanced users, although its stream...
Belkin's TuneCast 3 is an FM audio transmitter designed for both in-car and home use. The TuneCast 3 is simple, easy to use and has above average sound quality for an FM transmitter.
The Hitachi 50PDP9800TA is a 50in Plasma TV with a native resolution of 1280x1080. It's 1080p compatible due to its ALiS panel and it comes with an integrated analogue tuner. While the image quality was quite good, there were some problems with verti...
The spaciously designed Sony VAIO VGN-FE45G/W notebook offers some powerful features including a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU. Its battery life isn't all that impressive, but overall this is a nice machine that w...
Prices of in-car GPS units continue to slide, thanks to an influx of basic, budget offerings that still provide all the functionality most users need. The Garmin StreetPilot c510 is one such unit, coming standard with a large touch screen interface, ...
Windows Mobile 6--Microsoft's generally modest update of its operating system for handheld devices and smart phones--will debut by midyear with enhancements for e-mail and editing of Office documents.
Constructed out of aluminium, Gigabyte's 3D Aurora 570 PC case is light, yet it's also roomy and has plenty of space for high-end components to be installed. Due to its aluminium construction, it's not as rigid as most cases and its drive bays are a ...
Sony's HDR-HC5E MiniDV handycam is labelled as a "hi-def" camera, and while it certainly does deliver video in impressive 1080i resolution, it's important to note that this doesn't necessarily guarantee that your movies will look like true high defin...
The Hewlett-Packard LP3065 is a 30in, 16:10, widescreen LCD monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1600. Apart from the lure of being a massive monitor, it also can handle three dual-link DVI-D sources and has flawless image quality. However, it is...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD