With a slim, lightweight design and a four line OLED display, Samsung's 2GB YP-U3 doesn't look like much, but housed within the slim black chassis is one of the best flash media players we've reviewed in a long time. Combining excellent sound quality...
If we had a dollar for every time we've looked at Apple's countless iPod iterations and asked ourselves "Why haven't they released a touch-screen version?" well, then we'd probably not be technology journalists anymore. Suffice to say a touch screen ...
Well designed and oozing with more power than you would imagine from a 12.1in business notebook, the Acer TravelMate 6292 (302G16N) is another fine example of how Intel's latest Centrino platform can perform.
LG has jumped into the portable GPS market, and their entry level LN500 unit certainly provides bang for your buck. Featuring text-to-speech technology, an MP3 player, a picture and photo viewer and Destinator ND software, the LN500 is competitively ...
The finished version of Apple's Safari 3.0 web browser will be the bundled browser in Leopard when Mac OS X 10.5 ships in October. Leopard isn't the only OS that this Safari web browser update will run on, and we're not just referring to Tiger. Apple...
The Satellite P200 is Toshiba's latest entry into the desktop replacement market. Despite touting itself as a 'go-anywhere' games machine, it isn't particularly suited to mobile use or high-end gaming. Nevertheless, it performs solidly and should app...
The Viewsonic PJ358 is a portable LCD projector with a native resolution of 1024x768 and a brightness level of 2000 ANSI lumens. It is manufactured by Hitachi and is identical to the Hitachi CP-X253. The PJ358 is capable of excellent colours and deta...
Commanding a price far lower than its competitors, the Rock Digital Photo Frame is an attractive and affordable solution for displaying your digital photographs. It has an 8in screen capable of displaying images or video, and also plays background mu...
Sony has been somewhat hit and miss with their compact cameras recently. The small, stylish models such as the DSC-W50, have been excellent all around units. However, their latest effort - the Cyber-Shot DSC-S650 - leaves quite a bit to be desired. I...
Fujifilm was the first to develop hardware-based face-detection technology, and the FinePix Z5fd puts it to great use. The Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd is capable of capturing up to 10 faces in the frame, and will automatically compensate for the available ...
An old favourite utility for zapping spyware and adware, Lavasoft's Ad-Aware has just been updated. Ad-Aware now has better detection of adware and malware, a scanning engine that goes easy on your PC's system resources and a snazzy new interface. Th...
The hulking black CoolerMaster case says a lot about this tank of a PC. Built for power and speed, the PCX 3000 from PC Express has been overclocked, includes SLI 8800 graphics cards, has some excellent connectivity options and cooling, and sports a ...
The Motorola T305 is a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone designed for use primarily in a car, but it can be just as easily used at home or in the office. The T305 is a compact and stylish unit that offers easy operation, a standard mini-USB port for ...
The MOTOKRZR K3 blends a stylish metal and glass finish with a number of excellent features including HSDPA technology, a 2 megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile for wirelessly streaming music.
Motorola has launched yet another version of its popular [[prodid:313]] - this time the MOTORAZR V3 (RED). It offers exactly the same features and specifications as the original RAZR, and only differs in colour - but there is a reason and purpose for...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTIteration ManagerSA
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTChange and Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC