Ubuntu Linux has been deemed one of PC World's Best Products of the Year for two years running. Why? It's completely free, it installs easily from one downloadable CD, and it focuses on user-friendliness. Since Ubuntu releases come twice each year, c...
The latest iteration in its hybrid hard disk and DVD camcorder range, the Hitachi DZ-HS500SW is a great digital video camera. The combination of two technologies gives users more convenience than with a regular video camera, and while the feature set...
Sporting one-touch music controls on its exterior, an eye-catching design featuring chrome and glass, a 2 megapixel camera and 3G connectivity, Nokia's clamshell N76 seems like an ideal multimedia phone, but some faults in design prevent it from bein...
The Samsung X530 is an entry level mobile phone that manages to blend a combination of style and basic features. A VGA camera, MMS picture messaging and a hands-free speakerphone are offered, but Bluetooth is a notable omission, even at this price.
When it comes to 1080p projectors there are two main models that AV enthusiasts are currently excited about. We recently reviewed the Panasonic [[prodid:3562]] and awarded it an exceptionally high score. Therefore, it stood to reason that we were e...
The media centre market remains stretched between two extremes. On one end you have the set-top-box style media hubs. These are intended to blend in with your Foxtel box and work in conjunction with high definition TVs and surround sound home theatr...
Not content with already having the most powerful desktop CPU on the market in its Core 2 Extreme QX6700, Intel has released the QX6800, which is a quad-core CPU with a 2.93GHz clock speed. This is 333MHz faster than the QX6700 (which runs at 2.6GHz)...
The Canon Pixma MP530's solid combination of features makes it ideal for a small office that works with documents and photos. It handles faxing, scanning, copying, and printing but lacks a few features that you might expect to find on an office-orien...
A very high bar is being set for full high definition 1080p TVs. They are touted as the next big thing, the format that manufacturers hope will dominate the market as we move forward into the high definition era. The LA46M81BD is the second 1080p LCD...
Sporting a metallic blue colour scheme and a 15.4in widescreen display, BenQ's Joybook R55VU is an average but not outstanding entry level notebook. Its specifications are quite low end and it offers performance to match, but the big screen and relat...
If you've been waiting a long time for the new HD2000 series from ATI then wait no more. ATI's first DirectX 10 graphics chip, the HD 2900 XT is here. The Asus HD 2900 XT comes in a comprehensive package with the card, the Black Box promotion (includ...
The HP Pavilion entertainment range has been a favourite for some time. It was one of the first notebook ranges to include high-quality speakers and other media related features, such as a LightScribe DVD burner and twin headphone jacks. The dv2308TX...
With a slim, lightweight design and a four line OLED display, Samsung's 2GB YP-U3 doesn't look like much, but housed within the slim black chassis is one of the best flash media players we've reviewed in a long time. Combining excellent sound quality...
If we had a dollar for every time we've looked at Apple's countless iPod iterations and asked ourselves "Why haven't they released a touch-screen version?" well, then we'd probably not be technology journalists anymore. Suffice to say a touch screen ...
Well designed and oozing with more power than you would imagine from a 12.1in business notebook, the Acer TravelMate 6292 (302G16N) is another fine example of how Intel's latest Centrino platform can perform.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPSAP Implementation Manager - Finance System ProjectQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC