The HP Photosmart A716 ink-jet based photo printer sits at the high end of the photo printer market. The successor to the [[prodid:1797]], a new chassis design, an increase in internal memory, support for 5x7 prints, water resistant inks, and extra p...
Having reviewed the previous [[prodid:1829]] and been impressed, we were looking forward to seeing what i-Rocks had in-store for us with their Slim Cordless USB Keyboard and Optical Mouse combination. Overall the package impressed. Our original test ...
Samsung's latest HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access) phone is a flip handset and one of the smallest in the new range of next generation 3G phones. Running exclusively on Telstra's Next G network, the A501 combines an excellent user interface w...
Offering wireless access to the Internet via Vodafone's high-speed 3G network, the Mobile Connect HSDPA USB Modem is a nifty device. It connects via USB, so it offers a flexible alternative for users of desktop PCs and notebooks, as many new machines...
The Mobile Connect HSDPA Data Card is another product in the Vodafone range that offers wireless access to the Internet via Vodafone's high-speed 3G network. Able to achieve High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) coverage at a maximum rate of 1.8M...
As one of the most inexpensive high-end cards on the market, the Inno3D GeForce 8800 GTS is an attractive proposition. There's nothing fancy about it. Its circuit board and cooling solution is based on the standard NVIDIA reference design and the spe...
This digital TV tuner from DViCO contains dual tuner capabilities and is a very neat piece of hardware. It's a PCI card and it only requires one antenna input for both of its tuners. This means there are aren't any messy pass-through cables or splitt...
The first motherboard in ASUS' Republic of Gamers series was the Crosshair, which was built for AMD users. At the time, ASUS claimed that gamers preferred AMD CPUs over Intel. As Intel's Core 2 Duo has proven to be a superior performer to AMD's curre...
The Golden Sample distinction on Gainward's graphics cards is an indicator that the card has faster than normal specifications. In the case of the BLISS 8800GTS Golden Sample, which uses NVIDIA's DirectX 10-ready GeForce 8800 GTS chipset, the speeds ...
Netgear's EVA700 is one of the burgeoning range of media streamers available on the market. These take multimedia files from your computer and output them to a television. The EVA700 may not be sleek and it's certainly not pretty, but it does support...
The Portege R400 tablet PC brings to the market some innovative technology thanks to the collaboration of Microsoft and Toshiba and shows off some of the new features of the Windows Vista operating system. A front "Edge Display" for synchronised emai...
With an RRP quite a bit higher than many other home theatre in a box packages, the Harmon Kardon HS 500 is a high end product for the discerning listener. While not everyone will be able to appreciate the qualities of this system, those who are after...
While it may carry a standard ATI Radeon X1950 Pro graphics processing unit (GPU), the latest Gigabyte GV-RX195P256D-RH graphics card differs in many ways from a standard model. Gigabyte has built this card using its own circuit board design, solid c...
This compact business notebook has all the essential connectivity features, and its Core 2 Duo CPU makes sure that it keeps up with the best, despite its affordable price tag. It did especially well in our battery tests, which is a valuable bonus if ...
In an Australian first, we take a look at the HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC, an innovative concept designed to turn computing into a hands-on experience. It has plenty of power for the home user and with a widescreen 19in touch-screen monitor, it can also f...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT