The 50in Hitachi 50PD960DTA is a familiar product. Like the smaller 42in [[prodid:3025]], it uses an ALiS panel to achieve 1080p compatibility. However, unlike its sibling it has a higher resolution. Our testing found that its 1280x1080 native reso...
The AV Labs AVL325 is a 5.1 speaker system, designed primarily for PC use. It offers fairly good sound quality that tends to be bass heavy, along with an infra red remote, making it a decent choice for those after surround sound on their computer.
The Asus EAX1650XT is one of the best value budget graphics cards available on the market. It will run older games with ease and handle current games with modest quality settings without breaking the bank. This card is a great option if an upgrade to...
Claiming average speeds of between 550Kbps and 1.5Mbps with a peak speed of 1.8Mbps, Telstra's BigPond Next G Mobile Card is ideal for users with a PCMCIA slot on their notebook. Connecting to the Internet via High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA...
Nikon's D80 is yet another excellent entry into the D-SLR market. After their success with the D40 and D200 models (below and above this unit in price respectively), we were extremely interested to see what their new mid range unit had to offer. Thos...
I've spent the last few days testing out the Nokia 5300 XpressMusic Phone, and have come away very impressed by its music features. Like the Sony Ericsson W810, the Nokia 5300 does a great job of integrating top-notch music features into a capable ha...
Telstra's Next G network has now expanded into the wireless broadband space with the USB Mobile Card. Capable of connecting to the Internet at High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) speeds of up to 3.6Mbps, the Next G USB Mobile card offers an ent...
Microsoft's IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 is the latest iteration of their Explorer series of mice. Known for their combination of comfort and accuracy, they are very popular amongst gamers and heavy computer users in general. The Explorer 3.0 follows th...
Unwired's network covers most of the Sydney and Melbourne metropolitan areas, but it's very spotty. Even if your location is listed as being covered, in reality, it may be in a crevice that is unable to actually get a usable network signal.
Simply a stunning piece of industrial design, Sony Ericsson's latest entry into the Walkman range is one of the thinnest 3G mobile phones ever released. The W880i features a sleek, brushed steel face, a 2 megapixel camera, push email support, and a 1...
The Hiptop 2 from Telstra is a long awaited product that has finally arrived on Australian shores. It's essentially a re-labelled Sidekick II, an extremely popular device distributed in America by T-Mobile, but the Hiptop 2 is designed with a younger...
Working on the company's HSDPA network, 3 Mobile's NetConnect HSDPA ExpressCard can offer download speeds up to 3.6Mbps (460KBps). The card uses the latest generation Express Card slot interface to achieve this high speed, so it's perfect for those o...
The 8800GTX GPU (graphics processor unit) is currently the best performer on the market and the NX8800GTX-T2D768E proves that MSI's iteration of the NVIDIA GPU is as powerful as they come. Not only does it blow all other competition out of the water ...
With only a 10in screen, the tiny Fujitsu LifeBook P7230 ultra portable notebook provides some reasonable connectivity and despite its size, it even includes an optical drive. Like many ultra portable notebooks the long battery life was impressive, b...
The latest offering from Philips is the MCD139/79 DVD Micro Theatre. It's a micro-sized 2.1-channel DVD and Hi-Fi system that has an attractive feature-set and a pint sized price tag of $299. It will play movies without a fuss and it will also let yo...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC