For $559, this 22in widescreen LCD monitor is sure to be enticing. It has plenty of inputs, it looks good and, of course, it's big. It hasn't hit our shores just yet; the model we've reviewed here is only an engineering sample. Our tests of this samp...
The FreeAgent Pro is a 750GB external hard drive that has a style all its own. It's perfect as a backup drive for a PC, but it can also act as a vast dumping ground for media files.
This high-end Gigabyte motherboard uses Intel's P35 Express chipset and DDR3 memory. To date, it's one of the fastest desktop motherboards that we've tested, but apart from its speed, it has plentiful ports and slots that make it a solid base for a g...
Apple's iPhone is without a doubt the most wanted device of 2007, but Australians will be forced to wait at least six months for a local launch. In anticipation, our US associates have taken a thorough look at the iPhone, and despite a few issues, th...
The model name mightn't be catchy, but as far as performance is concerned, the XFX PV-T80F-SHF9 packs a punch. Indeed, it's a fast card that's only let down by a high price tag and poor bundling.
For those looking to take the next step up from their compact camera, an advanced, ultra-zoom model is the logical progression. Offering bigger zoom and more features, these units typically provide a more hands-on feel for the user. Kodak's EASYSHARE...
The Sony HDR-FX7 is a curious beast of a camera. On one hand, it's the king of consumer-level camcorders, offering stunning high definition visuals at a prohibitively expensive price. On the other, it's a bottom-rung professional model that fails to ...
The LC52PD7X is a 52in LCD TV with a native resolution of 1920x1080. It offers exceptional image quality across a wide range of input modes and a new attractive piano-black design.
If portability is important, then the Compaq Presario B1973TU will satisfy your criteria. Indeed, it's a lightweight notebook (1.9kg without its power supply) with a 12.1in screen, yet it has a built in optical drive. notebook. However, if you need s...
The legacy of Acer's silver green chassis design is coming to an end. Sporting a new aesthetic, called Gemstone, Acer's latest Aspire model, the 5920G (102G16H) is built on the latest Centrino Duo platform and has some nice entertainment features inc...
The Sony DCR-SR42E is an affordably priced hard disk-based handycam, offering 30GB of video storage for under $1000. Although budget shoppers are sure to appreciate the user-friendly HDD technology, the camera's image quality leaves a lot to be desir...
The DLO TransDock is a versatile, in-car iPod accessory that allows you to wirelessly stream music through your car stereo. It also features an auxiliary audio input, an AV output and a USB power outlet for charging other devices.
The Road Angel Navigator 3000 is an entry level GPS unit that doesn't quite satisfy as much as their previous models. While it still offers fixed speed safety camera warnings and comes at a reasonable asking price, the Navigator 3000 doesn't use the ...
Time for some self-criticism: Free Agent has become a bit of a one-trick pony of late. Recent output might lead you to believe this is PC World's Ubuntu Linux column. Well, it isn't. In fact, Free Agent is not even intended to be a Linux column per s...
In the increasingly popular digital SLR market, two companies reign supreme. Canon has the lion's share of the market, with Nikon hot on their tail. At the low end, Canon's EOS 400D has been a dominating presence and while Nikon's N40 competitor has ...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn will help people in India train for semi-skilled jobs
- Microsoft seeks Indian customers with exclusive Skype Lite app
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- UPS launches an autonomous drone from a delivery truck
- Redfin CTO says machine learning needs human help
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPInstructional Designer | DETQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)VIC
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPData AnalystWA
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTERP Data Migration Consultant - Software Company - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTIMO Change Manager - EclipseNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT