Sharp has built a reputation as the manufacturer of high quality LCD panels and as such we expected great things from the LC52GD7X - one of their new, native 1080p displays. For the most part, we were not disappointed. The image quality in 1080p and ...
A small, waterproof, flash-based MP3 player sounds like a nifty idea, and this is what Nu has tried to create in their latest digital music device, the Dolphin. However, while the idea may be a good one, the execution leaves a lot to be desired, as t...
The Acer TravelMate 4223WLMi proudly states that it is "Windows Vista Premium Ready" with a sticker on the monitor bezel. A good sign to start out with, it was backed up with reasonably good performance in our tests. However, this result is not as go...
An excellent example of a complete package for a reasonable price, the TI Value 500 includes a 17inBenQ LCD monitor as well as a basic keyboard and mouse. The CPU held up quite well in our performance tests while and the gaming capabilities achieved ...
Gracing the scales at a mere 997g, the LifeBook P1610 is the flyweight of laptops, but it still packs an impressive punch for its weight class. Its convertible form factor gives it an edge over other ultra portables, as does a range of features typic...
Built with a certain air of class and constructed using quality hardware for a reasonable price, the Fujitsu Lifebook S6311 is a solid performer and shows you don't have to forgo image for functionality.
Following hot on the heels of products like Aiptek's [[prodid:2050]] is Megxon's MX7 digital camera. Sporting a 7 megapixel CCD sensor, it tries to be a little of everything, capturing both still pictures and video footage, as well as offering MP3 pl...
It's not terribly often that hardware vendors are so forward-thinking that they can retrofit a whole new class of hardware into an existing chassis. Cisco Systems, however, seems to be able to do this with ease. The new Cisco 7200 router is a perfect...
It's been a long wait, but Windows Vista PCs are here. We evaluated the first batch of desktop systems preloaded with Microsoft's new operating system -- and the results of our exclusive benchmark performance tests show that even sub-US$,1000 systems...
The Motorola S705 SoundPilot is a wireless Bluetooth stereo headset that can stream music via any A2DP compatible mobile phone or music player. The S705 doubles as a hands-free headset, has an FM radio and features a small display that shows caller I...
With a whopping 8GB of internal storage and a new music player, the aptly named Nokia N91 8GB is the next iteration of the [[prodid:2163]] music phone. The phone's music capabilities are top notch, with a 3.5mm headphone jack and external music contr...
The tiny HP Pavilion Slimline PC (s7525a) would happily find a home in any environment. While it may not be the fastest performer, its compact design and media centre functionality make it a good value option.
A budget PC, the Plus Corporation Inspire 6400 Duo is a nice collection of hardware that won't break the bank. The 19in screen, 320GB worth of storage and Intel Core 2 Duo CPU provide good functionality at an excellent price, without compromising the...
If you're looking for a budget PC option, the Altech Matador No.1 offers a complete package. This is a neat combination that includes the PC, a 17in LCD, keyboard and mouse. It comes with Windows XP Home and includes a coupon for a free Vista upgrade...
Nokia's N800 Internet Tablet is one of those devices that's fascinating and unique enough to make a mobile geek's heart go pitter-patter with excitement but may not fit the needs of a lot of people.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW