The Panasonic HDC-DX1 is one of the latest in the new wave of high definition digital video cameras. Recording to mini-DVD and utilising the AVCHD format via a 3CCD sensor, the camera is clearly geared towards high level users. However, it still mana...
In the dime-a-dozen entry level compact camera market, it becomes hard to differentiate yourself from the slew of 6 and 7 megapixel models around these days. Nikon's latest consumer oriented camera, the L11, falls squarely within the middle of the pa...
Although the trend for Bluetooth headsets seems to be an improvement in design, sound quality is still far more important. Thankfully the Motorola H550 is solid in this area, though it's not perfect. Utilising a new slider button for most operations ...
The Nokia 6085 is yet another low to midrange handset that offers good value for money. The clamshell 6085 has a blue LED external display, an FM radio and music player, Bluetooth and a microSD card slot for extra memory storage.
With an 18-carat encasing, Nokia's 8800 Sirocco Gold makes a bold statement in style and brings a new level of prestige to mobile phones.. Retaining an almost identical feature set to the previous 8800 Sirocco Edition, the Sirocco Gold distinguishes ...
This DirectX 10-capable card produces solid frame rates in current gaming titles and has the capability to display next-generation games in all their glory when they're released later this year. It's based on NVIDIA's GeForce 8600GTS mainstream graph...
Lexmark's C534dn is a colour laser printer that can be connected either directly to a computer using USB or to a network using its built-in 10/100 Ethernet controller. It's aimed directly at the business market and has many nifty print and management...
This all-aluminium mid-tower case has an elegant exterior and can house an adequate amount of components comfortably. However, it does have a couple of quirks, and it's not a case you'd want to use if you're constantly adding and swapping components ...
The Sony Vaio VGN-C25G/B is an Intel Core 2 Duo all-purpose notebook with a strong focus on style and ease of use. With its wide 13.3in glossy screen, 1GB of RAM and running the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system, it is ideal for casual user...
With almost every new television being released today also coming with an integrated digital tuner, the demand for digital set top boxes is falling. Nevertheless, companies like Topfield are still managing to make them an incredibly attractive propos...
JBL's Cinema Sound CS680 speakers, the upgraded version of the JBL [[prodid:3487]], come with a bigger sub and slightly more conventional design. Delivering more power and a distinctly different sound, the CS680 is an excellent option for bass-hungry...
The formal introduction to Intel's Centrino Pro and the next generation Centrino platform, codenamed Santa Rosa, has come and gone. The Acer TravelMate 6592 business notebook is one of the first Centrino Pro review units to become available on the ma...
The Panasonic TH-42PX600A is a 42in Plasma TV with a native resolution of 1024x768. We tested the Panasonic in both standard and high definition modes and found both to be excellent, with only a handful of image quality problems. While it is capable...
The Grundig Elegance GLCD4001is a 40in LCD TV with a native resolution of 1366x768. Suitable for displaying both standard and high definition content, this unit is part of Grundig's Elegance series, designed to be stylish on the exterior but with en...
Finally we have a pair of active noise cancelling headphones that offer some competition to the Bose Quiet Comfort series. Panasonic's RP-HC500 are over-the-ear headphones that offer reasonable sound quality combined with active noise cancelling. Aud...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW