A revolutionary entry into the VoIP market, the NETGEAR SPH101, is the world's first wireless Internet phone. A fully fledged Skype phone capable of connecting to a wireless network via Wi-Fi, the SPH101 comes pre-loaded with Skype on the handset its...
VoIP (voice over IP) is a neat way of making free or low-cost calls via your PC. It has finally come into its own, having been floating around for a handful of years waiting for both decent-speed broadband and us punters to catch on to its charms.
Looking just like an ordinary corded telephone, Lasers USB VoIP phone is a largely uninspiring product. Its features list is slim, but what it does offer is a large monochrome LCD which displays caller ID information and selectable ring tones.
The ASUS AiGuru S1 is a VoIP phone that features an effective 802.11b/g wireless connection and supports the popular Skype application. It also doubles as a wireless music streamer using Windows Media Player, with the ability to serve as a remote con...
Philips has released its new MCM108D Mini Hi-Fi with the hope of riding the success of Apple's iPod series, by designing a unit specifically to interface with the iPod, as well as the range of Philips GoGear audio players. While most audiophiles will...
Nokia has added to their N-series range with the Nokia N93i, a cosmetic upgrade to the [[prodid:2992]]. The N93i retains the same form factor, but adds a stylish, metallic silver finish, and mirror front. The N93i has also been trimmed down considera...
Logitech's latest solution to your PC's peripheral needs is a package of wireless, Bluetooth input devices. The diNovo Media Desktop Laser consists of an ultra-flat keyboard, an MX900 mouse and a MediaPad, which acts a numeric keypad and a media cont...
Altech's Sputnik X2 is an Intel Core 2 Duo-based system for users on a budget. It's a relatively plain PC, but it includes good core components and plenty of upgrade room for future expansion. It scored well in our tests, considering its price and co...
Sporting a relatively slim design, a dual core processor, two HD TV tuners and 250GB of storage, the ASUS Digital Home D22 is a fairly competent media centre PC. It performed quite well in our tests and should satisfy the average consumer who is afte...
The Sony VAIO VGO-LA38G, part of the Vaio L series, which uses a unique form factor that Sony calls the "Panel PC". Sony has always been known for innovative style, which is why it's no surprise to see the Vaio label on this chic notebook. We were im...
The MSI P6N SLI Platinum is well suited for high-end pursuits such as gaming, graphical and video work. The board uses the NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI chipset which supports the latest Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme and Core 2 Duo CPUs (as well as older Pent...
TEAC's HDRM7250 is a feature-packed unit that sports a wide range of TV and recording options. While a sluggish interface and a prohibitive price tag prevent it from being a stand-out product, its array of high-end connection options and a massive 25...
The LG 50PB2DR is a 50in plasma TV with a built-in 250GB Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and a native resolution of 1366x768 pixels. Using the integrated HDTV tuner you can watch, record, pause or rewind both standard definition (SD) and high definition...
When it comes to LCD TVs, there's no denying that Hitachi is definitely a top-tier manufacturer. The Hitachi 32LD960DTA is a 32in LCD TV with an integrated high definition TV tuner and a native resolution of 1366x768 (capable of displaying resolution...
The Sitecom IT-002 Wireless Internet USB phone is a VoIP phone that allows you to make calls over the Internet. It's also compatible with a number of voice applications, including Skype and MSN Messenger. The IT-002 uses a 2.4GHz radio frequency via ...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT