The Mobile Connect HSDPA Data Card is another product in the Vodafone range that offers wireless access to the Internet via Vodafone's high-speed 3G network. Able to achieve High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) coverage at a maximum rate of 1.8M...
As one of the most inexpensive high-end cards on the market, the Inno3D GeForce 8800 GTS is an attractive proposition. There's nothing fancy about it. Its circuit board and cooling solution is based on the standard NVIDIA reference design and the spe...
This digital TV tuner from DViCO contains dual tuner capabilities and is a very neat piece of hardware. It's a PCI card and it only requires one antenna input for both of its tuners. This means there are aren't any messy pass-through cables or splitt...
The first motherboard in ASUS' Republic of Gamers series was the Crosshair, which was built for AMD users. At the time, ASUS claimed that gamers preferred AMD CPUs over Intel. As Intel's Core 2 Duo has proven to be a superior performer to AMD's curre...
The Golden Sample distinction on Gainward's graphics cards is an indicator that the card has faster than normal specifications. In the case of the BLISS 8800GTS Golden Sample, which uses NVIDIA's DirectX 10-ready GeForce 8800 GTS chipset, the speeds ...
Netgear's EVA700 is one of the burgeoning range of media streamers available on the market. These take multimedia files from your computer and output them to a television. The EVA700 may not be sleek and it's certainly not pretty, but it does support...
The Portege R400 tablet PC brings to the market some innovative technology thanks to the collaboration of Microsoft and Toshiba and shows off some of the new features of the Windows Vista operating system. A front "Edge Display" for synchronised emai...
With an RRP quite a bit higher than many other home theatre in a box packages, the Harmon Kardon HS 500 is a high end product for the discerning listener. While not everyone will be able to appreciate the qualities of this system, those who are after...
While it may carry a standard ATI Radeon X1950 Pro graphics processing unit (GPU), the latest Gigabyte GV-RX195P256D-RH graphics card differs in many ways from a standard model. Gigabyte has built this card using its own circuit board design, solid c...
This compact business notebook has all the essential connectivity features, and its Core 2 Duo CPU makes sure that it keeps up with the best, despite its affordable price tag. It did especially well in our battery tests, which is a valuable bonus if ...
In an Australian first, we take a look at the HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC, an innovative concept designed to turn computing into a hands-on experience. It has plenty of power for the home user and with a widescreen 19in touch-screen monitor, it can also f...
If you want a cheap MP3 player and don't care about sound quality, functionality, design or interface, well we'd question exactly what you are looking for in a product. But if you are still set on doing yourself such a disservice then maybe you shou...
Nikon's Coolpix S6 is a disappointing entry into the compact camera market. While it does offer most of the features you'd expect, its pictures are below par, and struggled in our image quality tests.
Offering a great entry level SLR experience, Nikon's D40 is a well priced unit that is clearly designed to compete with Canon's own low-end SLR, the EOS 400D. It captures clear, precise images and performs excellently in low light. We were also impre...
If you've ever wanted to completely rid your PC enclosure of flat ribbon cables, take a look at ASUS' new DRW-1814BLT. It's the first Serial ATA-based (SATA) burner that we've tested and it worked like a charm.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Overclockers have pushed Intel's new Broadwell chip to 5.7GHz
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC