With the launch of the Playstation 3 just around the corner, the format war between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD is about to jump up a notch. The integrated Blu-Ray player in the Playstation 3 is expected to be a major driving force for the Blu-Ray camp, creat...
Sitting at the lower end of the current Sharp LCD television line up is the LC37AW5X, a unit designed for those on a limited budget who still want the advantages of a high definition television. While the image quality is still quite good, the connec...
Sharp has built a reputation as the manufacturer of high quality LCD panels and as such we expected great things from the LC52GD7X - one of their new, native 1080p displays. For the most part, we were not disappointed. The image quality in 1080p and ...
A small, waterproof, flash-based MP3 player sounds like a nifty idea, and this is what Nu has tried to create in their latest digital music device, the Dolphin. However, while the idea may be a good one, the execution leaves a lot to be desired, as t...
The Acer TravelMate 4223WLMi proudly states that it is "Windows Vista Premium Ready" with a sticker on the monitor bezel. A good sign to start out with, it was backed up with reasonably good performance in our tests. However, this result is not as go...
An excellent example of a complete package for a reasonable price, the TI Value 500 includes a 17inBenQ LCD monitor as well as a basic keyboard and mouse. The CPU held up quite well in our performance tests while and the gaming capabilities achieved ...
Gracing the scales at a mere 997g, the LifeBook P1610 is the flyweight of laptops, but it still packs an impressive punch for its weight class. Its convertible form factor gives it an edge over other ultra portables, as does a range of features typic...
Built with a certain air of class and constructed using quality hardware for a reasonable price, the Fujitsu Lifebook S6311 is a solid performer and shows you don't have to forgo image for functionality.
Following hot on the heels of products like Aiptek's [[prodid:2050]] is Megxon's MX7 digital camera. Sporting a 7 megapixel CCD sensor, it tries to be a little of everything, capturing both still pictures and video footage, as well as offering MP3 pl...
It's not terribly often that hardware vendors are so forward-thinking that they can retrofit a whole new class of hardware into an existing chassis. Cisco Systems, however, seems to be able to do this with ease. The new Cisco 7200 router is a perfect...
It's been a long wait, but Windows Vista PCs are here. We evaluated the first batch of desktop systems preloaded with Microsoft's new operating system -- and the results of our exclusive benchmark performance tests show that even sub-US$,1000 systems...
The Motorola S705 SoundPilot is a wireless Bluetooth stereo headset that can stream music via any A2DP compatible mobile phone or music player. The S705 doubles as a hands-free headset, has an FM radio and features a small display that shows caller I...
With a whopping 8GB of internal storage and a new music player, the aptly named Nokia N91 8GB is the next iteration of the [[prodid:2163]] music phone. The phone's music capabilities are top notch, with a 3.5mm headphone jack and external music contr...
The tiny HP Pavilion Slimline PC (s7525a) would happily find a home in any environment. While it may not be the fastest performer, its compact design and media centre functionality make it a good value option.
A budget PC, the Plus Corporation Inspire 6400 Duo is a nice collection of hardware that won't break the bank. The 19in screen, 320GB worth of storage and Intel Core 2 Duo CPU provide good functionality at an excellent price, without compromising the...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW