The Core 2 Duo family of dual core processors was introduced in July 2006 to supersede the aging Pentium 4 and Pentium D models. The Pentium 4 was last updated in February 2004 and was discontinued in favour of the dual-core Pentium D, which was intr...
Primarily aimed at the enthusiast market, the Core 2 Extreme range of CPUs is based on the Core 2 microarchitecture. There are two models currently in this range: the dual-core Core 2 Extreme X6800 which boasts higher frequency, and the quad-core Cor...
The Athlon 64 has been around since [date] and was the first processor with 64-bit instructions to hit the consumer market. It's still around, and it's now available for Socket AM2 motherboards.
In the high-end PC segment, the FX range of dual-core CPUs is AMD's flagship. It uses the same K8 microarchitecture as the Athlon 64 X2 CPUs, but is comprised of CPUs with higher clock frequencies than those present in the regular Athlon 64 X2 range,...
When AMD brought out its dual-core version of the Athlon 64 in June 2005, it dominated Intel's equivalent offerings of the time, the dual-core Pentium D and the single-core Pentium 4 CPUs . To this day, the Athlon 64 X2 uses the same K8 microarchitec...
Not the first, but certainly the prettiest RTS (real time strategy) game to use the Allied offensive during WWII as its backdrop, Company of Heroes begins like many fps (first-person shooter) games before it, with the invasion of Normandy and the blo...
The TF4400PVRt from Topfield is a good Standard Definition set top box that boasts great picture quality and is easy to use, but only contains an 80GB hard drive. It also lacks advanced connections but for many people this will not pose too great a p...
Towards the higher end of micro Hi-Fi systems in terms of price, Kenwood's K-701 is a simple product that comes with just a CD player and radio with a pair of two-way speakers. The speakers complement the styling of the CD player to give an overall a...
The 42 inch Hitachi 42PD960DTA uses a different display technology than conventional plasma panels to achieve a native resolution of 1024 x 1080. While it is technically not a 1080p panel (1920 x 1080), it is able to display the fledgling format and ...
The LST-5402P is a dual HD tuner set top box with a 160GB internal hard drive. It has a few minor problems, including slow on-screen editing and some small recording issues, but for those after a HD set top box with hard disk recording capabilities, ...
The Om200 is a 2GB portable media player that bears a more than passing resemblance to the first generation Apple iPod nano. In fact, its design is very similar, save for being slightly wider due to the larger screen and with a touchpad instead of a ...
The lengthily named Live! Cam Video IM Pro is one of Creative Labs' mid-range webcams. It's got a heap of functionality and decent video quality to boot. Anyone looking for a simple to use webcam that includes some fun extras can't go far wrong with ...
When it comes to the budget end of the DVD camcorder market, we're used to seeing pictures marred but all kinds of compression artifacts and inaccurate colours. There's usually little room for manual controls either. So it's good to see Canon produci...
Sanyo's Xacti HD1A is an interesting device. For a start, it's the smallest High Definition camcorder on the market, and one of the cheapest. It also has respectable still photograph abilities, beyond what we would usually expect from a camcorder. Wh...
A digital TV tuner for a PC offers greater convenience than a dedicated set-top box when it comes to recording and archiving shows, mainly because some set-top boxes don't allow you to efficiently transfer recorded shows to a PC. If you have a powerf...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA