The Panasonic HDC-DX1 is one of the latest in the new wave of high definition digital video cameras. Recording to mini-DVD and utilising the AVCHD format via a 3CCD sensor, the camera is clearly geared towards high level users. However, it still mana...
In the dime-a-dozen entry level compact camera market, it becomes hard to differentiate yourself from the slew of 6 and 7 megapixel models around these days. Nikon's latest consumer oriented camera, the L11, falls squarely within the middle of the pa...
Although the trend for Bluetooth headsets seems to be an improvement in design, sound quality is still far more important. Thankfully the Motorola H550 is solid in this area, though it's not perfect. Utilising a new slider button for most operations ...
The Nokia 6085 is yet another low to midrange handset that offers good value for money. The clamshell 6085 has a blue LED external display, an FM radio and music player, Bluetooth and a microSD card slot for extra memory storage.
With an 18-carat encasing, Nokia's 8800 Sirocco Gold makes a bold statement in style and brings a new level of prestige to mobile phones.. Retaining an almost identical feature set to the previous 8800 Sirocco Edition, the Sirocco Gold distinguishes ...
This DirectX 10-capable card produces solid frame rates in current gaming titles and has the capability to display next-generation games in all their glory when they're released later this year. It's based on NVIDIA's GeForce 8600GTS mainstream graph...
Lexmark's C534dn is a colour laser printer that can be connected either directly to a computer using USB or to a network using its built-in 10/100 Ethernet controller. It's aimed directly at the business market and has many nifty print and management...
This all-aluminium mid-tower case has an elegant exterior and can house an adequate amount of components comfortably. However, it does have a couple of quirks, and it's not a case you'd want to use if you're constantly adding and swapping components ...
The Sony Vaio VGN-C25G/B is an Intel Core 2 Duo all-purpose notebook with a strong focus on style and ease of use. With its wide 13.3in glossy screen, 1GB of RAM and running the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system, it is ideal for casual user...
With almost every new television being released today also coming with an integrated digital tuner, the demand for digital set top boxes is falling. Nevertheless, companies like Topfield are still managing to make them an incredibly attractive propos...
JBL's Cinema Sound CS680 speakers, the upgraded version of the JBL [[prodid:3487]], come with a bigger sub and slightly more conventional design. Delivering more power and a distinctly different sound, the CS680 is an excellent option for bass-hungry...
The formal introduction to Intel's Centrino Pro and the next generation Centrino platform, codenamed Santa Rosa, has come and gone. The Acer TravelMate 6592 business notebook is one of the first Centrino Pro review units to become available on the ma...
The Panasonic TH-42PX600A is a 42in Plasma TV with a native resolution of 1024x768. We tested the Panasonic in both standard and high definition modes and found both to be excellent, with only a handful of image quality problems. While it is capable...
The Grundig Elegance GLCD4001is a 40in LCD TV with a native resolution of 1366x768. Suitable for displaying both standard and high definition content, this unit is part of Grundig's Elegance series, designed to be stylish on the exterior but with en...
Finally we have a pair of active noise cancelling headphones that offer some competition to the Bose Quiet Comfort series. Panasonic's RP-HC500 are over-the-ear headphones that offer reasonable sound quality combined with active noise cancelling. Aud...
Take home a Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive (64GB) this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC