QNAP's TS-251A NAS has the ability to output video directly to an external 1080 display and is a great media streamer. The advertised on-the-fly 4K transcoding, on the other hand, proved to be weak.
Synology's DS216play NAS is a middling performer, but there's no better NAS box available for media streaming and 4K transcoding.
With a boatload of pro features and excellent performance, this is a box better suited for the small office than the home, but it streams as smoothly as any of its rivals.
Zyxel's NAS220 is an affordable NAS box with good streaming and backup features, but it's a bit less refined than mainstream users would want.
This is an inconvenient smart home controller married to a poor-quality speaker.
The Nvidia Shield TV, a $200 media streamer and gaming box, doesn't appeal to everyone, and that's okay.
High-tech features and a supremely powerful amplifier team up to produce some of the deepest, cleanest bass you'll experience outside of an IMAX theater.
The FastFoto FF-640 combines the world’s fastest photo scanning hardware with Mac and PC software that makes it easy to enhance and organize decades of precious memories in the time it takes to press a button.
EZVIZ brings the easy setup and operation of the Mini indoor camera to its high-res outdoor model.
Garmin's Dash Cam 35 offers great day and night video in a form factor that's neither too small nor too big. It's a little higher-priced than the competition, though.
Cobra's CDR895D Drive HD is a dual-channel dash cam with near 360-degree coverage and a surprisingly affordable price.
Thinkware's F770 is unique for shifting its video viewing and settings largely to your smartphone. For the price, it offers the full list of features and is easy to use.
Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is really a high-end navigation accessory with dash-cam features, and it offers many nice perks—plus a puzzling limitation.
The Viofo A119 is an incredible bargain: just $100 for a simple dash cam including GPS, with high-quality daytime and nighttime video and other handy features. It asks only that you bring your own storage card.
Gigabyte's newest Brix (yes, really) is a small-form-factor PC bursting with performance, but folks with sensitive ears may still end up preferring its competition.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Future Intel CPUs could be cobbled together using different parts
- US House votes to undo broadband privacy rules
- Intel digs deep to keep Moore's Law alive
- China devotes US$22 billion to domestic chip industry expansion
- PowerColor's Radeon RX 470 graphics card is down to $120
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- CCProjects Governance Risk SpecialistSA
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT
- FTSenior Web DeveloperVIC
- CCICT ManagerNSW
- PTMobile App DeveloperVIC
- TP.Net Software DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- CCBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Nexus 9k ACINSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW