NVIDIA has just released their new flagship card with all the bells and whistles to take us into the next generation of gaming. But if you're just looking to upgrade from a low-end system and aren't planning to blow your budget on a top of the range ...
Until very recently the 7900GTX was NVIDIA's flagship model, rivalling ATI's own flagship model the Radeon X1900XTX in a head-to-head battle to capture the hearts of today's extreme gamers. However, despite the fact that both these cards are now over...
A free firmware update to the Sonos Digital Music System has opened up an innovative new way to use the Rhapsody online music subscription service with Sonos equipment. With this addition in place, Sonos distinguishes itself in the crowded field of m...
A number of the 11 network-attached storage (NAS) drives that we tested for this month's chart retain business-friendly features such as multiple RAID options and easy-access bays for swapping out drives. Several new models, however, target home user...
Panasonic's latest pseudo-SLR, the FZ50, includes a 10 megapixel sensor and 12x optical zoom. While it doesn't capture the best pictures we've seen, they are quite good, and combined with a robust feature set and a few nice design elements, the FZ50 ...
The DC22 is Canon's mid-range DVD camcorder. While many DVD camcorders at this price point aren't known for their image quality, Canon has bucked this trend, and come up with a comfortable, easy to use video camera that produces excellent quality vid...
Logitech's mm28 is a standalone speaker setup for use with portable music players and other small devices such as a PSP. The system uses flat panel NXT speaker technology, so it's thin, light and portable, and combined with the option to use battery ...
The PlayGear Amp is a speaker system that's designed to be a companion to the Sony PSP. Two mini speakers fold out from the main body and the PSP slides neatly into the middle. It's an easy to use system that's also portable, though ultimately it fai...
Barely larger than a box of matches, the Astone Xinc Ultra is a surprisingly full-featured portable media player. In addition to the expected photo and music playback, the Xinc Ultra also throws in video support, an FM radio, voice recorder, and even...
Fashion mavens and other demanding aesthetes should find little fault with Sony's latest all-in-one PC: The US$2100 VAIO VGC-LS1 is gorgeous. I looked at a shipping model, and its design was superb--trumping even the Apple iMac--but our tests indicat...
I appreciate when a vendor succeeds at developing a very good application. But what I find more admirable is when a vendor recognizes the deficits in its solutions, makes no excuses, and quickly goes back to the drawing board to make that app excelle...
Wrapped in an attractive black case, the Samsung K5 is a flash-based digital audio player has a unique design that integrates slide-out speakers. I tried out a shipping version of the US$210 (street) 2GB model; Samsung also offers a 4GB model for US$...
You can save a couple hundred bucks by opting for one of the two most popular GPS-enabled mapping programs instead of a stand-alone GPS device, but you'll lose a lot of simplicity--and some accuracy--in the bargain. Both mapping products require eith...
The handiest and most affordable desktop backup device is currently an external hard drive. But to back up critical workstations and servers, you need high-capacity removable media that you can rotate and secure off-site. Iomega's next-generation Rev...
With version 10.0 of Microsoft's DirectX programming interface arriving early next year, we can't expect graphics card manufacturers to make radical revisions just now. It's unsurprising, therefore, that ATI's Radeon X1950 XTX chip has a large number...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTChange LeadNSW