Though perhaps not as widely known as Sid Meier's Sim City franchise, Sierra's Caesar series has been entertaining city-building fans for over a decade now, with multiple spin-offs like Pharoah, Zeus: Master of Olympus, and Emperor: Rise of the Middl...
The 46in Sony Bravia KDL46X2000 LCD television offers the promise superior quality images at a native 1080p resolution, but in testing this promise was quickly broken. The Bravia X has image quality problems when running in High Definition 1080p, 108...
A first foray into the world of GPS for Hitachi, the MMP-501 is a bulky GPS unit that offers a large 5in touch screen display, Bluetooth hands free connectivity and video and music playback, all at a very competitive price.
GEAR4's BluEye is a three-in-one accessory for your iPod, offering Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity on a standard pair of headphones, FM radio and a remote control. The BluEye is ideal for users who may miss important phone calls while listening t...
With a thin, candybar design quite similar to several slim phones on the market at the moment, Canon's Ixus i7 Zoom is an attractive camera for the fashion conscious. Clearly constructed with style and portability in mind, it does suffer a little wit...
We took the Gigabyte GV-NX88S640H-RH graphics card - based on the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS graphics processing unit (GPU) - for a spin to see how it compares to cards based on the more powerful GeForce 8800 GTX and the older 7900 GTX GPUs.
Fuji Xerox's DocuPrint C2100 is a colour laser printer that has a retail price well under $1000, yet our tests show that it makes no compromises when it comes to performance.
There are a lot of things going for the Samsung VP-DC165Wi, including Dual Layer recording and a great feature set. The trouble is they just don't make up for the mediocre video quality and dreadful still images from this lower priced model.
A generous 2GB mini-SD card capable of storing up to 1500 songs and a new music interface are at the core of Nokia's upgrade of the N73, the N73 Music Edition. The handset is the same in all other areas including 3G support, a large and clear display...
A cross between a smart phone and a 3G phone, Sony Ericsson's W950i offers a massive 4GB of flash memory for music storage, but it is ultimately let down by a frustrating keypad.
What do you do if you want to transfer your video footage from a camcorder to a DVD, but you don't own a PC? One possible solution is to use Sony's new DVDirect multi-function DVD recorder. This handy little device can take videos from Mini DV, HDD a...
The Core 2 Duo family of dual core processors was introduced in July 2006 to supersede the aging Pentium 4 and Pentium D models. The Pentium 4 was last updated in February 2004 and was discontinued in favour of the dual-core Pentium D, which was intr...
Primarily aimed at the enthusiast market, the Core 2 Extreme range of CPUs is based on the Core 2 microarchitecture. There are two models currently in this range: the dual-core Core 2 Extreme X6800 which boasts higher frequency, and the quad-core Cor...
The Athlon 64 has been around since [date] and was the first processor with 64-bit instructions to hit the consumer market. It's still around, and it's now available for Socket AM2 motherboards.
In the high-end PC segment, the FX range of dual-core CPUs is AMD's flagship. It uses the same K8 microarchitecture as the Athlon 64 X2 CPUs, but is comprised of CPUs with higher clock frequencies than those present in the regular Athlon 64 X2 range,...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million US patient records on a black market
- Microsoft's open sourcing of .NET hits a major milestone
- Qualcomm wants to bring LTE to more IoT devices
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA