The ongoing battle between NVIDIA and ATI may have temporarily leaned in NVIDIA's favour with the release of their DirectX 10 compatible, Windows Vista ready 8800 cards, but ATI aren't out of the game.
From the get-go, Just Cause thrusts you head first into the action-packed role of Rico, a South American field operative who has been tasked with overthrowing San Esperito's reigning despot, President Mendoza.
There is a large number of portable speaker systems on the market, most of them designed to work with Apple's iPod range. But how many of them also work with Sony's [[prodid: 945]], Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones and any other portable music player o...
With more than 100 new features, Roxio's Easy Media Creator 9.0 is jam-packed with creative functions. In addition to audio and video facilities, it features photo editing, media browsing, data copying and backup support, making it a very comprehensi...
BitDefender provides a full suit of armour to protect your PC when it's online, either while you're browsing the Internet, sending e-mail or simply while your PC is connected via always-on broadband. It does so with the help of a suite of tools: anti...
The HTZ252DVD is a DVD player and 5.1 speaker package containing four satellite speakers, a small centre speaker and a subwoofer. For a system at this price point Pioneer has packed a lot of features into the HTZ252, which makes it a great starting p...
The Pioneer PDP-427XDA is a 7th generation plasma panel with a native resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels and a built in HD TV tuner. In the past, Pioneer has impressed us with brilliant units like the PDP-5000EX, but this model was not up to those high ...
Following the trend towards slim, stylish notebooks, HP has released the latest addition to their media oriented Pavilion line. The Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC dv6113tx is one of the first Core 2 Duo machines from HP, and while the performance...
An upgrade to the smaller nuvi 300, Garmin's new nuvi 660 adds a larger touch screen and Bluetooth hands-free calling to an already solid package, making it quite an attractive GPS unit.
One of the upper tier Core 2 Duo notebooks in HP's newest selection of entertainment machines, the HP Pavilion dv9018TX Entertainment Notebook PC comes with a number of nice features that give this unit a distinct advantage over other desktop replace...
NVIDIA has just released their new flagship card with all the bells and whistles to take us into the next generation of gaming. But if you're just looking to upgrade from a low-end system and aren't planning to blow your budget on a top of the range ...
Until very recently the 7900GTX was NVIDIA's flagship model, rivalling ATI's own flagship model the Radeon X1900XTX in a head-to-head battle to capture the hearts of today's extreme gamers. However, despite the fact that both these cards are now over...
A free firmware update to the Sonos Digital Music System has opened up an innovative new way to use the Rhapsody online music subscription service with Sonos equipment. With this addition in place, Sonos distinguishes itself in the crowded field of m...
A number of the 11 network-attached storage (NAS) drives that we tested for this month's chart retain business-friendly features such as multiple RAID options and easy-access bays for swapping out drives. Several new models, however, target home user...
Panasonic's latest pseudo-SLR, the FZ50, includes a 10 megapixel sensor and 12x optical zoom. While it doesn't capture the best pictures we've seen, they are quite good, and combined with a robust feature set and a few nice design elements, the FZ50 ...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT