It's been a long wait, but Windows Vista PCs are here. We evaluated the first batch of desktop systems preloaded with Microsoft's new operating system -- and the results of our exclusive benchmark performance tests show that even sub-US$,1000 systems...
The Motorola S705 SoundPilot is a wireless Bluetooth stereo headset that can stream music via any A2DP compatible mobile phone or music player. The S705 doubles as a hands-free headset, has an FM radio and features a small display that shows caller I...
With a whopping 8GB of internal storage and a new music player, the aptly named Nokia N91 8GB is the next iteration of the [[prodid:2163]] music phone. The phone's music capabilities are top notch, with a 3.5mm headphone jack and external music contr...
The tiny HP Pavilion Slimline PC (s7525a) would happily find a home in any environment. While it may not be the fastest performer, its compact design and media centre functionality make it a good value option.
A budget PC, the Plus Corporation Inspire 6400 Duo is a nice collection of hardware that won't break the bank. The 19in screen, 320GB worth of storage and Intel Core 2 Duo CPU provide good functionality at an excellent price, without compromising the...
If you're looking for a budget PC option, the Altech Matador No.1 offers a complete package. This is a neat combination that includes the PC, a 17in LCD, keyboard and mouse. It comes with Windows XP Home and includes a coupon for a free Vista upgrade...
Nokia's N800 Internet Tablet is one of those devices that's fascinating and unique enough to make a mobile geek's heart go pitter-patter with excitement but may not fit the needs of a lot of people.
A fitness system that involves a Nike shoe communicating wirelessly to an iPod nano, Apple's new Nike + iPod is an excellent digital pedometer that is guaranteed to get you up and running.
Though it doesn't come cheap, the Toshiba Qosmio G30 is an excellent notebook that functions under a number of guises, suiting almost every room in the house. It packs in some of the latest top-end hardware, including an HD-DVD player and an Intel Co...
Increased megapixel counts seem to be the flavour of Canon's new range of advanced cameras, highlighted by units such as the PowerShot A640. With a 10 megapixel sensor, full manual modes and a snazzy matte black colour scheme, this unit continues the...
Following the now familiar design of Canon's IXUS series of compact cameras, the IXUS 850 IS is a decent, but not outstanding device. While it does offer good colour representation, it suffers from high chromatic aberration, soft pictures and a few i...
Not only a budget PC, but a media centre PC, the Compaq Presario (SR1925AN_01) has a few nice attributes that will suit a range of uses and also has plenty of connectivity for a range of tasks.
The 5140i is an extension of Nokia's rugged phone line, successfully providing both resilience and water resistance. While the target of this phone is the user who is into outdoors-oriented sports, it really is suited to anyone looking for a handset ...
This printer carefully balances features with economy, offering competent performance and few disappointments.
Inexpensive printer successfully balances speed, output quality, and price.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT