Logitech has long been at the forefront of PC desktop solutions and in the diNovo Edge it has created a stunning media keyboard that features a touchpad, a touch-sensitive volume bar and backlit media controls. If you can afford its hefty asking pric...
The LG LST-6100P set top box delivers decent digital TV reception and HD quality output, but it's marred by an interface that can be frustrating to use. Support for 5.1 surround sound does help to redeem it, however, and those users who can get past ...
Astone's i-P22 is another product in the growing line of portable iPod speaker systems. It is a fairly standard device that offers a range of power options and a dock for your iPod, however it somewhat differentiates itself from the pack by offering ...
The Harman/Kardon DVD37 is a high-end DVD player, designed to be used with similarly high-end audio and visual equipment. With its impressive range of video and audio connections, this is a player aimed squarely at advanced users, although its stream...
Belkin's TuneCast 3 is an FM audio transmitter designed for both in-car and home use. The TuneCast 3 is simple, easy to use and has above average sound quality for an FM transmitter.
The Hitachi 50PDP9800TA is a 50in Plasma TV with a native resolution of 1280x1080. It's 1080p compatible due to its ALiS panel and it comes with an integrated analogue tuner. While the image quality was quite good, there were some problems with verti...
The spaciously designed Sony VAIO VGN-FE45G/W notebook offers some powerful features including a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU. Its battery life isn't all that impressive, but overall this is a nice machine that w...
Prices of in-car GPS units continue to slide, thanks to an influx of basic, budget offerings that still provide all the functionality most users need. The Garmin StreetPilot c510 is one such unit, coming standard with a large touch screen interface, ...
Windows Mobile 6--Microsoft's generally modest update of its operating system for handheld devices and smart phones--will debut by midyear with enhancements for e-mail and editing of Office documents.
Constructed out of aluminium, Gigabyte's 3D Aurora 570 PC case is light, yet it's also roomy and has plenty of space for high-end components to be installed. Due to its aluminium construction, it's not as rigid as most cases and its drive bays are a ...
Sony's HDR-HC5E MiniDV handycam is labelled as a "hi-def" camera, and while it certainly does deliver video in impressive 1080i resolution, it's important to note that this doesn't necessarily guarantee that your movies will look like true high defin...
The Hewlett-Packard LP3065 is a 30in, 16:10, widescreen LCD monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1600. Apart from the lure of being a massive monitor, it also can handle three dual-link DVI-D sources and has flawless image quality. However, it is...
Pistol-grip still cameras are few and far between at the moment. Sanyo attempted to make it work with their hybrid video and still camera range of Xacti products and now Canon has come to market with a similar offering, the PowerShot TX1. Offering Hi...
Sony's focus on creating powerful yet extremely stylish notebooks is becoming more and more evident with their new VAIO models, and the VGN-AR38G is leading the charge. Sporting an incredibly smooth, gloss black aesthetic and a 17in screen, this High...
Offering real-world wireless speeds that are almost twice as fast as 802.11g wireless routers, Netgear's 802.11n-based RangeMax NEXT wireless router is perfect for streaming media files around your home, but it's not as fast as we hoped it would be.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA