The flat-panel market has gone haywire. It seems that 20in is no longer enough, with manufacturers falling over themselves to jump up to 22in, and there are some modestly priced examples, such as the BenQ FP222W. Mind you, we're not complaining.
To say that Apple TV is the world's best media streaming device could be considered faint praise, the tech equivalent of calling someone the world's tallest midget. After all, most previous versions of these devices, which take music, video, and phot...
Designed by Hewlett-Packard as a 'Travel Companion', the iPAQ rx5965 is the upgraded model to the previous line of PDA's, consisting of the [[prodid:2671]] and [[prodid:2653]]. The rx5965 adds GPS navigation using TomTom software to an already entici...
Nokia's new E-Series range has been designed with business in mind, yet style hasn't been compromised. The slider E65 is a 3G capable smart phone handset that encompasses a sleek and stylish look, together with a range of business features.
Compared to other graphics cards on the market, the Sapphire X1950 Pro DUAL is huge. The reason for its size is the two ATI Radeon X1950 Pro GPUs (graphics processing units) which reside on the one circuit board. Measuring over 30cm, it is about 7cm ...
For serious gaming and power PC users, the Altech NRG Tornado eXtreme can't be ignored. Glowing with blue LEDs, and humming with some of the latest hardware, the Altech NRG Tornado eXtreme is far from being a discrete home PC.
Harman Kardon's AVR645 receiver is a fantastic choice for mid-range users, delivering a great combination of quality and price. With a huge array of connectivity options and a brilliantly designed remote, there are very few reasons not to purchase th...
The Altec Lansing iM500 is a thin, lightweight and compact portable speaker system for the iPod Nano. Its size makes it ideal for the traveler. Although the iM500 scores points for its design, the lack of a remote control, hard to press control butto...
The Hitachi 37LD9000TA is a 37in LCD TV with a native resolution of 1366x768. We tested the panel's standard definition and high definition performance and found it to be quite good, though a few image quality issues arose that hampered it from achi...
The Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC is a hybrid notebook and tablet PC that is easily converted by rotating the screen. It is similar in build to the [[prodid:3632]] notebook (non-tablet) which we looked at earlier, but its tablet functionality adds a ...
AOC's 223VW 22in monitor has a price tag of $499, but it can be purchased for under $400 if you shop around, and based on our tests, we think it represents excellent value for money. It has a widescreen aspect ratio (16:10) with a native resolution o...
Every company and their friends are clawing for space in the packed portable media market, trying to dethrone Apple's dominance. The E10 is iRiver's shot at the middle of the market, competing with products like the [[prodid:2442]]. It comes sporting...
Are you looking for a Windows alternative for serious office work? Many people are starting to wonder about their non-Microsoft operating system options, especially given Windows Vista's hefty hardware demands, upgrade costs and license restrictions....
Convergent technology is the way of the future, as more and more features previously performed by multiple devices, are being packed into a single unit. Panasonic's new DMR-EX85 is an excellent example of the power that convergent technology has to p...
In their IXUS line of compact cameras, Canon consistently provides wonderful point and shoot devices that appeal to a wide variety of people. While not doing anything particularly special, they usually combine stylish design with small form factor an...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC