The HP Compaq Presario B1900 is a compact and light weight ultraportable notebook that measures just 287mm x 224mm x 34mm and weighs 1.79 kilograms. While the B1900 may not offer much in the way of gaming capabilities, its desktop performance is soli...
The Fujitsu LifeBook A6010 is a solid all-round notebook with more than enough grunt for day-to-day office tasks. However its good-sized 15.4in LCD and large footprint makes it better-suited for in-house use than on the road computing. This is made e...
When it comes to home theatre speakers they don't get much better than B&W's Mini Theatre range. Three packages are available, each using the same set of five satellite speakers, but coming with a different subwoofer. We took a look at the MT30, the ...
The 37LC2D from LG is a mid-range 37in LCD television with a native resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and a built-in High Definition television tuner. It can accept both Standard Definition and High Definition video sources, although its strength defin...
Few reviews warrant the barrage of cliched quotes that this deserves. Not only because this classic fusion of two globally celebrated phenomena stays true to its origins, but because it pokes fun at them at the same time, so why shouldn't I? With bot...
Is an LCD display essential for a good MP3 player? That's the challenge Apple tries to answer with its latest screen-less wonder, the second generation iPod shuffle. A 1GB capacity gives it room for around 240 songs, and like the larger iPods, it syn...
One of the first things that strikes you when looking at Toshiba's latest portable media player is the presence of a Windows key. You certainly don't see those on the iPod, and that's because the gigabeat S is the first player to have Windows Portabl...
The mack-daddy of advanced compact cameras, Canon's latest addition to the PowerShot G series, the G7, is an excellent device. The design has a touch of nostalgia about it, the pictures it captures are quite impressive, and it offers more functions t...
As one of Sony's two new high definition camcorders, the HDR-UX1 should be an attractive proposition. In many ways it is, with good quality video, a reasonable feature set and excellent construction. Unfortunately the UX1 just can't compare to its si...
Creative's Live! Cam Vista IM is a simple yet effective Web cam. It doesn't do anything particularly special, but it does the basics reasonably well. A couple of nice extras and a low price make it a great package for anyone who is a fan of talking o...
The TicTalk is a mobile phone designed for young children. Looking more like an obscure stopwatch than a communications tool, it offers a bevy of features to keep parents in control, such as locking which numbers can call out and in, when a child may...
The A701 is the top of the line handset from Samsung and compatible with Telstra's new high speed HSDPA network: Next G. The clamshell A701 offers a 2 megapixel digital camera, MPEG4 video recording, a microSD memory card slot as well as Bluetooth an...
From the outset, Sony has considered the PlayStation 3 an all-around entertainment console, with tendrils that extend well beyond the realm of game play. Perhaps chief among these is its support for the Blu-ray Disc format, which lets you play high-d...
Another day, another music-playing mobile phone. This latest one, the Nokia 5300 comes under their new 'XpressMusic' sub-brand, with a sporty design that should appeal to the funky, style-conscious user on a budget.
Following the trend towards Core 2 Duo CPUs, the Acer Aspire 5634WLMi comes with an Intel T5600 CPU, one of the first 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo CPUs we've had a chance to test. Apart from the new and improved processor, the Aspire 5634WLMi looks and feels m...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia