We recently looked at the first of Canon's new range of compacts, the [[prodid:2453]], but were a little disappointed, as it wasn't up to standard in several of our tests. Fortunately, with the Powershot A710 IS, Canon has done a much better job, con...
Taking advantage of Intel's new Core 2 Duo E6700 desktop CPU (Conroe) and paving the way for a new range of Vista Ready PC's, the Dell Dimension 9200 looks stylish and is diverse in its application, but also employs some different design ideas to mak...
Panasonic's VDR-D150 is an entry level DVD camcorder that offers a good range of functions in an easy to use package, but falls down when it comes to the quality of its video footage and still images.
Looking like a regular, if slightly large and chunky slider phone, the O2 Xda Stealth is actually a fully fledged smart phone running Windows Mobile 5. Also offering Wi-Fi connectivity, a 2 megapixel camera and expandable memory thanks to a mini-SD c...
Designed to withstand plenty of mistreatment, the Nokia 5500 Sport features a shock-proof and splash-proof casing targeted at the more active consumer. Despite being encased in a stainless steel cover with a rubber covering and a silicon keypad, the ...
No question about it: Apple's new iPod Shuffle is minuscule: It's smaller than a matchbook, slimmer than a microcassette, and light enough that you could clip it on your shirt and not even stretch the fabric. In my first hands-on experience with the ...
Ever find yourself on a long haul flight wishing your notebook would last just a little bit longer? Then perhaps the HP Compaq nc2400 is for you. Offering absolutely mammoth battery life combined with a petite design and solid performance, the nc2400...
The HP Compaq nx7400 is an affordable all-purpose notebook with solid overall performance and outstanding battery life. It will suit those looking for a notebook unit that can comfortably perform office functions and play some basic digital media, bu...
Taking the concept of an ultraportable notebook to new heights, Lenovo's X60 is lightweight (1.6kg without PSU), performs well and combines exceptional battery-life with a Vodafone 3G mobile Internet connection for the best mobility we've seen in a n...
Apple Computer's newest MacBook Pro is one cool customer. Literally.
Kenwood has produced a compact home theatre system in the AX-7. It provides excellent virtual surround and great sound quality for both movie and music playback in a fairly small package. However we would have liked to see the inclusion of a componen...
For those wanting to enter the world of home theatre with a 5.1 DVD system at a competitive price, the LH-550SB is certainly worth a look. The sound and directional qualities of the speakers are very good, but we did find they were often overshadowed...
The current market for LCD televisions is squarely focused on High Definition units, and with the new 1080p full-HD models coming out, it is easy to ignore the Standard Definition units that still have a role to play in the flat panel space. The Shar...
Reviving the "rapidly click on the monsters until they die" game mechanic, Titan Quest is probably the most convincing challenger to the Diablo II legacy we've seen to date, showcasing a very impressive graphics engine, thoughtful world design and an...
Tests show that Intel's first quad-core chip, the 2.66-GHz Core 2 Extreme QX6700, should bring impressive speed boosts to complex video-editing and 3D-rendering work. But while you might think that since two cores are good, four cores will be twice a...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW