I appreciate when a vendor succeeds at developing a very good application. But what I find more admirable is when a vendor recognizes the deficits in its solutions, makes no excuses, and quickly goes back to the drawing board to make that app excelle...
Wrapped in an attractive black case, the Samsung K5 is a flash-based digital audio player has a unique design that integrates slide-out speakers. I tried out a shipping version of the US$210 (street) 2GB model; Samsung also offers a 4GB model for US$...
You can save a couple hundred bucks by opting for one of the two most popular GPS-enabled mapping programs instead of a stand-alone GPS device, but you'll lose a lot of simplicity--and some accuracy--in the bargain. Both mapping products require eith...
The handiest and most affordable desktop backup device is currently an external hard drive. But to back up critical workstations and servers, you need high-capacity removable media that you can rotate and secure off-site. Iomega's next-generation Rev...
With version 10.0 of Microsoft's DirectX programming interface arriving early next year, we can't expect graphics card manufacturers to make radical revisions just now. It's unsurprising, therefore, that ATI's Radeon X1950 XTX chip has a large number...
The Nokia N93 is a follow up to the previous mobile phone video camera, the N90. Once again, Nokia has created a distinctive, swivelling 3G camera phone that offers reasonable video quality, TV out and an array of wireless connectivity options. Despi...
Packed with some of the latest power-hardware and priced at less than $2000, Pacstar's X-AM2Duo machine will have you running the newest and hottest 3-D games and even Windows Vista with many of its new and flashy trims -- when it hits our shores.
The Sony Ericsson's Z530i is a well rounded phone that has a virtually identical design to the entry level walkman phone, the W300i. It offers an interesting design, interchangeable face plates and all the features and connectivity you'd expect out o...
The 8800 Sirocco Edition - an upgrade to the 8800 - is a flashy mobile phone that will appeal to the fashion conscious consumer. Be prepared to pay a small fortune for it though, despite the basic feature set.
With the iDea500 Acer has taken a couple of major steps in the right direction to making media centre PCs more accessible to regular buyers. First and foremost they have ditched the PC tower for a case not unlike a set-top box. And while it still com...
Think you have to bust your budget for a peppy new desktop PC? Think again. Sure, you can mortgage the farm for a fancy US$4000 gaming rig; but if your needs are modest, you can buy a decent, stylish system for a whole lot less. For this review we st...
The 8800 from NVIDIA represents the next major step in GPU architecture and is the first card capable of using the DirectX 10 API (Application Programming Interface) that ships with the Windows Vista operating system. The new G80 chip, the successor ...
HP is well known for producing classy, yet utilitarian notebooks that offer strong performance and value. Their high-end business model, the Compaq nc8430, lives up to these expectations in all regards, offering great performance both in our desktop ...
It's a sign of the times that the near-future storyline in Joint Task Force (JTF) revolves around the efforts of the newly established, multinational Joint Task Force to maintain some kind of (new world) order. In a nice twist - and a nod to modern s...
As the long wait for the much-anticipated PlayStation 3 game console dragged on, gamers started to joke that Sony stood for Soon, Only Not Yet.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asana's new feature lets users mark what tasks are holding them up
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW