The Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro is an affordable low-end graphics card suited to a number of roles. Although it's not top of the line, it's a cheap interim upgrade for anyone who wants to buy another, more powerful card in the future, such as a DirectX...
The Mitac MIC2D63120DLH isn't a system you're likely to ask for by name (the model name is definitely a mouthful), but it's a good all-purpose system that has plenty of CPU power for the home or the office user.
Toshiba's HD-E1 is the first HD-DVD player we've had through the office. While we looked at the Qosmio G30 notebook with a built in HD-DVD drive, the HD-E1 is a different animal all together, as it is a standalone home entertainment device designed t...
With the launch of the Playstation 3 just around the corner, the format war between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD is about to jump up a notch. The integrated Blu-Ray player in the Playstation 3 is expected to be a major driving force for the Blu-Ray camp, creat...
Sitting at the lower end of the current Sharp LCD television line up is the LC37AW5X, a unit designed for those on a limited budget who still want the advantages of a high definition television. While the image quality is still quite good, the connec...
Sharp has built a reputation as the manufacturer of high quality LCD panels and as such we expected great things from the LC52GD7X - one of their new, native 1080p displays. For the most part, we were not disappointed. The image quality in 1080p and ...
A small, waterproof, flash-based MP3 player sounds like a nifty idea, and this is what Nu has tried to create in their latest digital music device, the Dolphin. However, while the idea may be a good one, the execution leaves a lot to be desired, as t...
The Acer TravelMate 4223WLMi proudly states that it is "Windows Vista Premium Ready" with a sticker on the monitor bezel. A good sign to start out with, it was backed up with reasonably good performance in our tests. However, this result is not as go...
An excellent example of a complete package for a reasonable price, the TI Value 500 includes a 17inBenQ LCD monitor as well as a basic keyboard and mouse. The CPU held up quite well in our performance tests while and the gaming capabilities achieved ...
Gracing the scales at a mere 997g, the LifeBook P1610 is the flyweight of laptops, but it still packs an impressive punch for its weight class. Its convertible form factor gives it an edge over other ultra portables, as does a range of features typic...
Built with a certain air of class and constructed using quality hardware for a reasonable price, the Fujitsu Lifebook S6311 is a solid performer and shows you don't have to forgo image for functionality.
Following hot on the heels of products like Aiptek's [[prodid:2050]] is Megxon's MX7 digital camera. Sporting a 7 megapixel CCD sensor, it tries to be a little of everything, capturing both still pictures and video footage, as well as offering MP3 pl...
It's not terribly often that hardware vendors are so forward-thinking that they can retrofit a whole new class of hardware into an existing chassis. Cisco Systems, however, seems to be able to do this with ease. The new Cisco 7200 router is a perfect...
It's been a long wait, but Windows Vista PCs are here. We evaluated the first batch of desktop systems preloaded with Microsoft's new operating system -- and the results of our exclusive benchmark performance tests show that even sub-US$,1000 systems...
The Motorola S705 SoundPilot is a wireless Bluetooth stereo headset that can stream music via any A2DP compatible mobile phone or music player. The S705 doubles as a hands-free headset, has an FM radio and features a small display that shows caller I...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW