It's been a long wait, but Windows Vista PCs are here. We evaluated the first batch of desktop systems preloaded with Microsoft's new operating system -- and the results of our exclusive benchmark performance tests show that even sub-US$,1000 systems...
The Motorola S705 SoundPilot is a wireless Bluetooth stereo headset that can stream music via any A2DP compatible mobile phone or music player. The S705 doubles as a hands-free headset, has an FM radio and features a small display that shows caller I...
With a whopping 8GB of internal storage and a new music player, the aptly named Nokia N91 8GB is the next iteration of the [[prodid:2163]] music phone. The phone's music capabilities are top notch, with a 3.5mm headphone jack and external music contr...
The tiny HP Pavilion Slimline PC (s7525a) would happily find a home in any environment. While it may not be the fastest performer, its compact design and media centre functionality make it a good value option.
A budget PC, the Plus Corporation Inspire 6400 Duo is a nice collection of hardware that won't break the bank. The 19in screen, 320GB worth of storage and Intel Core 2 Duo CPU provide good functionality at an excellent price, without compromising the...
If you're looking for a budget PC option, the Altech Matador No.1 offers a complete package. This is a neat combination that includes the PC, a 17in LCD, keyboard and mouse. It comes with Windows XP Home and includes a coupon for a free Vista upgrade...
Nokia's N800 Internet Tablet is one of those devices that's fascinating and unique enough to make a mobile geek's heart go pitter-patter with excitement but may not fit the needs of a lot of people.
A fitness system that involves a Nike shoe communicating wirelessly to an iPod nano, Apple's new Nike + iPod is an excellent digital pedometer that is guaranteed to get you up and running.
Though it doesn't come cheap, the Toshiba Qosmio G30 is an excellent notebook that functions under a number of guises, suiting almost every room in the house. It packs in some of the latest top-end hardware, including an HD-DVD player and an Intel Co...
Increased megapixel counts seem to be the flavour of Canon's new range of advanced cameras, highlighted by units such as the PowerShot A640. With a 10 megapixel sensor, full manual modes and a snazzy matte black colour scheme, this unit continues the...
Following the now familiar design of Canon's IXUS series of compact cameras, the IXUS 850 IS is a decent, but not outstanding device. While it does offer good colour representation, it suffers from high chromatic aberration, soft pictures and a few i...
Not only a budget PC, but a media centre PC, the Compaq Presario (SR1925AN_01) has a few nice attributes that will suit a range of uses and also has plenty of connectivity for a range of tasks.
The 5140i is an extension of Nokia's rugged phone line, successfully providing both resilience and water resistance. While the target of this phone is the user who is into outdoors-oriented sports, it really is suited to anyone looking for a handset ...
This printer carefully balances features with economy, offering competent performance and few disappointments.
Inexpensive printer successfully balances speed, output quality, and price.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCSenior Siebel AnalystACT
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA