Following the trend towards Core 2 Duo CPUs, the Acer Aspire 5634WLMi comes with an Intel T5600 CPU, one of the first 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo CPUs we've had a chance to test. Apart from the new and improved processor, the Aspire 5634WLMi looks and feels m...
With business PC written all over it, the Lenovo ThinkCentre pays homage to its IBM heritage with a case design that's been tried and tested since the days of the 486. Perfect for offices or home businesses with little working space available for a c...
Something of a middle-ground monitor, the BenQ FP92E 19in LCD has no serious flaws, but has no dazzling attributes at the same time. Neither the quoted 8ms pixel response time or the 16.2M colour display suggest this screen is aimed at any specific m...
Mix purple Chihuahuas, outrageous bosses, absurd dialogue, oodles of beat 'em up action, and one of the most incoherent stories ever put into a video game and normally you'd get a mess. But when Capcom gets involved, you get a deliciously over the to...
After our first look at the LG LH-T9656IA home theatre system we expected to find that it cost well over $1000. So when we looked at the specifications and were greeted with a very attractive price tag, we were extremely impressed. This package is on...
Aimed at those who would like to edit the audio tracks of home movies, or polish demos of bands without a major-label budget, Sony has put together Audio Studio, a cut-down version of its more extensive Sony Sound Forge 8.0 program.
Recent months have seen printer makers bring out ever-cheaper colour lasers aimed at the home/small-office market, but there's still an important role for more heavyweight models.
The 37 inch TEAC LCD 3733A is a 1366 x 768 pixel high definition LCD panel with an excellent range of connections, solid performance in Standard Definition and more than adequate High Definition capabilities. It has a unique design which sets it asid...
Independent UK-based developer, Introversion, hit the game scene last year with the surprise hit, Darwinia. It was a quirky, imaginative, and (most importantly) innovative title that deserved all the attention it received.
The Navman iCN 530 is the model beneath the [[prodid:2322]] and combines most of the same features in a smaller package. Although the iCN 530 has been trimmed down into a more compact unit, it still provides an easy to use interface, a 3.5in touch sc...
The Navman iCN 330 is a GPS unit for those who just want basic turn-by-turn navigation, without bells and whistles like MP3 players, Bluetooth hands-free or picture viewers. A minor upgrade to the [[prodid:1043]], the iCN 330 may be extremely well pr...
The MIO DigiWalker C310 is the second product in the company's current range of dedicated in-car GPS units. Designed as an entry level model, the C310 is almost identical to its big brother, the MIO [[prodid:2465]], only without certain features incl...
A riddle: What's black or white and fast as all get out?
Dutch Internet company Chinglish promises to break down the communication barrier between Chinese and English speakers with its free, bilingual e-mail service. But the service falls short, plagued by translation errors that are common to all machine ...
Are first impressions meant to last or made to be broken? On Friday I wrote of my first impressions of the PlayStation 3 console. Based on gaming last week, I found the graphics great but otherwise the experience wasn't much different from other game...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA