Panasonic's latest pseudo-SLR, the FZ50, includes a 10 megapixel sensor and 12x optical zoom. While it doesn't capture the best pictures we've seen, they are quite good, and combined with a robust feature set and a few nice design elements, the FZ50 ...
The DC22 is Canon's mid-range DVD camcorder. While many DVD camcorders at this price point aren't known for their image quality, Canon has bucked this trend, and come up with a comfortable, easy to use video camera that produces excellent quality vid...
Logitech's mm28 is a standalone speaker setup for use with portable music players and other small devices such as a PSP. The system uses flat panel NXT speaker technology, so it's thin, light and portable, and combined with the option to use battery ...
The PlayGear Amp is a speaker system that's designed to be a companion to the Sony PSP. Two mini speakers fold out from the main body and the PSP slides neatly into the middle. It's an easy to use system that's also portable, though ultimately it fai...
Barely larger than a box of matches, the Astone Xinc Ultra is a surprisingly full-featured portable media player. In addition to the expected photo and music playback, the Xinc Ultra also throws in video support, an FM radio, voice recorder, and even...
Fashion mavens and other demanding aesthetes should find little fault with Sony's latest all-in-one PC: The US$2100 VAIO VGC-LS1 is gorgeous. I looked at a shipping model, and its design was superb--trumping even the Apple iMac--but our tests indicat...
I appreciate when a vendor succeeds at developing a very good application. But what I find more admirable is when a vendor recognizes the deficits in its solutions, makes no excuses, and quickly goes back to the drawing board to make that app excelle...
Wrapped in an attractive black case, the Samsung K5 is a flash-based digital audio player has a unique design that integrates slide-out speakers. I tried out a shipping version of the US$210 (street) 2GB model; Samsung also offers a 4GB model for US$...
You can save a couple hundred bucks by opting for one of the two most popular GPS-enabled mapping programs instead of a stand-alone GPS device, but you'll lose a lot of simplicity--and some accuracy--in the bargain. Both mapping products require eith...
The handiest and most affordable desktop backup device is currently an external hard drive. But to back up critical workstations and servers, you need high-capacity removable media that you can rotate and secure off-site. Iomega's next-generation Rev...
With version 10.0 of Microsoft's DirectX programming interface arriving early next year, we can't expect graphics card manufacturers to make radical revisions just now. It's unsurprising, therefore, that ATI's Radeon X1950 XTX chip has a large number...
The Nokia N93 is a follow up to the previous mobile phone video camera, the N90. Once again, Nokia has created a distinctive, swivelling 3G camera phone that offers reasonable video quality, TV out and an array of wireless connectivity options. Despi...
Packed with some of the latest power-hardware and priced at less than $2000, Pacstar's X-AM2Duo machine will have you running the newest and hottest 3-D games and even Windows Vista with many of its new and flashy trims -- when it hits our shores.
The Sony Ericsson's Z530i is a well rounded phone that has a virtually identical design to the entry level walkman phone, the W300i. It offers an interesting design, interchangeable face plates and all the features and connectivity you'd expect out o...
The 8800 Sirocco Edition - an upgrade to the 8800 - is a flashy mobile phone that will appeal to the fashion conscious consumer. Be prepared to pay a small fortune for it though, despite the basic feature set.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW