Are first impressions meant to last or made to be broken? On Friday I wrote of my first impressions of the PlayStation 3 console. Based on gaming last week, I found the graphics great but otherwise the experience wasn't much different from other game...
As the top of the range DVD camcorder in Sony's lineup, the DCR-DVD905 is a predictably good performer. With excellent video quality for a DVD model, a larger than average LCD screen and convenient operating use, the package is a good bet for the ama...
Microsoft's first portable MP3 and video player has finally arrived. The Zune goes on sale in the U.S. on Tuesday, and though I doubt many people are lining up PlayStation 3-style to get their hands on one, its slick interface and vaunted wireless so...
Sony really seems keen to take the bull by the horns with High Definition and has just rolled out another two models to its line-up of HD camcorders. This takes its range of High Definition consumer models to four, which is far more than any other ma...
A new entrant into the compact camera market, Uniden aren't nearly as experienced as companies like Canon and Olympus, and it really shows in their first 7 megapixel unit, the UDC-7M.
A lot can happen in six years. Think back to 2000: we'd just finished dealing with the Y2K bug, Intel was rolling out its Pentium 4 chip and broadband users were starting to plug in to 1M bps (bits per second) Internet access. Today processors are ma...
Overall, we can't say that we don't like the Vista Ultimate code that was released to manufacturing by Microsoft Wednesday and will subsequently be available for corporate volume customers by the end of the month. After all, from our testing we can c...
I love TV. So I really wanted to love the Slingbox, a nifty device that lets you watch and control your TV from any PC or Windows Mobile device with a broadband connection.
You may not always be able to protect your laptop from a thief, but you can keep the data it contains safe. Two new products--PGP Whole Disk Encryption 9.5 and DriveCrypt Plus Pack 3.5--promise to protect your data, so that even if your computer fall...
Pitched as a 'Mobile Media Companion', the iPAQ rx4540 is HP's latest attempt at breathing new life into the increasingly flagging PDA market. With portable media player sales booming, it makes sense for HP to push the rx4540's multimedia capabilitie...
If you're spending close to a thousand dollars for a mobile phone - especially from a relatively unknown brand like Dopod - it's important to feel like you're getting your money's worth. The 595 smart phone certainly provides this reassurance, both i...
Running one of the new Intel Core 2 Duo processors, Lenovo's N100 is quite a zippy machine. We looked at the highest specification N100 model, a notebook that offers fast performance suitable for a wide variety of tasks, an above average screen and a...
When a notebook doesn't fit your needs and a skyscraper-like tower, humming with fans won't suit either your room or your chosen aesthetic, smaller can definitely be better.
Brandishing a Vista Capable logo, the Dell Latitude D820 with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz T7400 CPU is Dell's first notebook to include the 64-bit processor. We've had the opportunity to look at a number of preproduction and ready-to-buy notebooks wi...
Philips' DVDR9000H represents a new generation of DVD/HDD recorders in Australia. As one of only a handful of recorders on the Australian market to boast a digital TV tuner, it offers substantially better functionality and picture quality than any of...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW