There are a lot of things going for the Samsung VP-DC165Wi, including Dual Layer recording and a great feature set. The trouble is they just don't make up for the mediocre video quality and dreadful still images from this lower priced model.
A generous 2GB mini-SD card capable of storing up to 1500 songs and a new music interface are at the core of Nokia's upgrade of the N73, the N73 Music Edition. The handset is the same in all other areas including 3G support, a large and clear display...
A cross between a smart phone and a 3G phone, Sony Ericsson's W950i offers a massive 4GB of flash memory for music storage, but it is ultimately let down by a frustrating keypad.
What do you do if you want to transfer your video footage from a camcorder to a DVD, but you don't own a PC? One possible solution is to use Sony's new DVDirect multi-function DVD recorder. This handy little device can take videos from Mini DV, HDD a...
The Core 2 Duo family of dual core processors was introduced in July 2006 to supersede the aging Pentium 4 and Pentium D models. The Pentium 4 was last updated in February 2004 and was discontinued in favour of the dual-core Pentium D, which was intr...
Primarily aimed at the enthusiast market, the Core 2 Extreme range of CPUs is based on the Core 2 microarchitecture. There are two models currently in this range: the dual-core Core 2 Extreme X6800 which boasts higher frequency, and the quad-core Cor...
The Athlon 64 has been around since [date] and was the first processor with 64-bit instructions to hit the consumer market. It's still around, and it's now available for Socket AM2 motherboards.
In the high-end PC segment, the FX range of dual-core CPUs is AMD's flagship. It uses the same K8 microarchitecture as the Athlon 64 X2 CPUs, but is comprised of CPUs with higher clock frequencies than those present in the regular Athlon 64 X2 range,...
When AMD brought out its dual-core version of the Athlon 64 in June 2005, it dominated Intel's equivalent offerings of the time, the dual-core Pentium D and the single-core Pentium 4 CPUs . To this day, the Athlon 64 X2 uses the same K8 microarchitec...
Not the first, but certainly the prettiest RTS (real time strategy) game to use the Allied offensive during WWII as its backdrop, Company of Heroes begins like many fps (first-person shooter) games before it, with the invasion of Normandy and the blo...
The TF4400PVRt from Topfield is a good Standard Definition set top box that boasts great picture quality and is easy to use, but only contains an 80GB hard drive. It also lacks advanced connections but for many people this will not pose too great a p...
Towards the higher end of micro Hi-Fi systems in terms of price, Kenwood's K-701 is a simple product that comes with just a CD player and radio with a pair of two-way speakers. The speakers complement the styling of the CD player to give an overall a...
The 42 inch Hitachi 42PD960DTA uses a different display technology than conventional plasma panels to achieve a native resolution of 1024 x 1080. While it is technically not a 1080p panel (1920 x 1080), it is able to display the fledgling format and ...
The LST-5402P is a dual HD tuner set top box with a 160GB internal hard drive. It has a few minor problems, including slow on-screen editing and some small recording issues, but for those after a HD set top box with hard disk recording capabilities, ...
The Om200 is a 2GB portable media player that bears a more than passing resemblance to the first generation Apple iPod nano. In fact, its design is very similar, save for being slightly wider due to the larger screen and with a touchpad instead of a ...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC