Primarily aimed at the enthusiast market, the Core 2 Extreme range of CPUs is based on the Core 2 microarchitecture. There are two models currently in this range: the dual-core Core 2 Extreme X6800 which boasts higher frequency, and the quad-core Cor...
The Athlon 64 has been around since [date] and was the first processor with 64-bit instructions to hit the consumer market. It's still around, and it's now available for Socket AM2 motherboards.
In the high-end PC segment, the FX range of dual-core CPUs is AMD's flagship. It uses the same K8 microarchitecture as the Athlon 64 X2 CPUs, but is comprised of CPUs with higher clock frequencies than those present in the regular Athlon 64 X2 range,...
When AMD brought out its dual-core version of the Athlon 64 in June 2005, it dominated Intel's equivalent offerings of the time, the dual-core Pentium D and the single-core Pentium 4 CPUs . To this day, the Athlon 64 X2 uses the same K8 microarchitec...
Not the first, but certainly the prettiest RTS (real time strategy) game to use the Allied offensive during WWII as its backdrop, Company of Heroes begins like many fps (first-person shooter) games before it, with the invasion of Normandy and the blo...
The TF4400PVRt from Topfield is a good Standard Definition set top box that boasts great picture quality and is easy to use, but only contains an 80GB hard drive. It also lacks advanced connections but for many people this will not pose too great a p...
Towards the higher end of micro Hi-Fi systems in terms of price, Kenwood's K-701 is a simple product that comes with just a CD player and radio with a pair of two-way speakers. The speakers complement the styling of the CD player to give an overall a...
The 42 inch Hitachi 42PD960DTA uses a different display technology than conventional plasma panels to achieve a native resolution of 1024 x 1080. While it is technically not a 1080p panel (1920 x 1080), it is able to display the fledgling format and ...
The LST-5402P is a dual HD tuner set top box with a 160GB internal hard drive. It has a few minor problems, including slow on-screen editing and some small recording issues, but for those after a HD set top box with hard disk recording capabilities, ...
The Om200 is a 2GB portable media player that bears a more than passing resemblance to the first generation Apple iPod nano. In fact, its design is very similar, save for being slightly wider due to the larger screen and with a touchpad instead of a ...
The lengthily named Live! Cam Video IM Pro is one of Creative Labs' mid-range webcams. It's got a heap of functionality and decent video quality to boot. Anyone looking for a simple to use webcam that includes some fun extras can't go far wrong with ...
When it comes to the budget end of the DVD camcorder market, we're used to seeing pictures marred but all kinds of compression artifacts and inaccurate colours. There's usually little room for manual controls either. So it's good to see Canon produci...
Sanyo's Xacti HD1A is an interesting device. For a start, it's the smallest High Definition camcorder on the market, and one of the cheapest. It also has respectable still photograph abilities, beyond what we would usually expect from a camcorder. Wh...
A digital TV tuner for a PC offers greater convenience than a dedicated set-top box when it comes to recording and archiving shows, mainly because some set-top boxes don't allow you to efficiently transfer recorded shows to a PC. If you have a powerf...
Samsung's BlackJack, available from Cingular Wireless, is the latest of a recent glut of smart phones costing around US$200. Others include Nokia's E62, Research In Motion's BlackBerry Pearl and the LG enV. This particular device is quite attractive....
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
- Bringing IoT data into public clouds is getting easier
- Six US senators demand more details about the Yahoo data breach
- Swift CEO reveals three more failed attacks on banking network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW