The HP Compaq nx7400 is an affordable all-purpose notebook with solid overall performance and outstanding battery life. It will suit those looking for a notebook unit that can comfortably perform office functions and play some basic digital media, bu...
Taking the concept of an ultraportable notebook to new heights, Lenovo's X60 is lightweight (1.6kg without PSU), performs well and combines exceptional battery-life with a Vodafone 3G mobile Internet connection for the best mobility we've seen in a n...
Apple Computer's newest MacBook Pro is one cool customer. Literally.
Kenwood has produced a compact home theatre system in the AX-7. It provides excellent virtual surround and great sound quality for both movie and music playback in a fairly small package. However we would have liked to see the inclusion of a componen...
For those wanting to enter the world of home theatre with a 5.1 DVD system at a competitive price, the LH-550SB is certainly worth a look. The sound and directional qualities of the speakers are very good, but we did find they were often overshadowed...
The current market for LCD televisions is squarely focused on High Definition units, and with the new 1080p full-HD models coming out, it is easy to ignore the Standard Definition units that still have a role to play in the flat panel space. The Shar...
Reviving the "rapidly click on the monsters until they die" game mechanic, Titan Quest is probably the most convincing challenger to the Diablo II legacy we've seen to date, showcasing a very impressive graphics engine, thoughtful world design and an...
Tests show that Intel's first quad-core chip, the 2.66-GHz Core 2 Extreme QX6700, should bring impressive speed boosts to complex video-editing and 3D-rendering work. But while you might think that since two cores are good, four cores will be twice a...
The Navman N40i sits in the middle of the company's new range of dedicated in-car GPS units and offers convenient fuel and parking buttons, a 3.5in touch screen and NavPix navigation using photos taken by the unit's integrated 1.3 megapixel camera.
By now we're sure most of you are familiar with the iPod. Apple's portable media sensation is by far the most popular media player currently on the market. Their latest iteration of the new iPod video is more of an update than a new version. It takes...
The Zen Neeon 2 is a small, compact music player that feels reassuringly robust in your hand. Capacities of 1GB, 2GB and 4GB are available, and we tested the 1GB version. All models feature a glossy black front, but the anodised aluminium back plate ...
JVC seems to have a hard disk camcorder for every occasion, with five models now on offer in the Everio range. The GZ-MG37 is the second lowest priced of the group, which is apparent when comparing the quality of its video and stills to its more expe...
A rather plain design belies the true power of Kodak's C875. This robust 8 megapixel advanced camera captures excellent pictures and has a well rounded feature set. It had a few minor image quality issues, and the design could use a little work, but ...
The 10 megapixel Canon Digital IXUS 900 Ti offers all the usual features we've come to expect, and has a solid and quite attractive design. However, visible fringing and excessive image noise counter good sharpness and colour performance to make this...
Mobiles2go i-Kids is a mobile phone that is designed to make it easier for parents to keep an eye on their children. As well as providing voice and text message contact, the i-Kids has the capability to provide a child's current and previous location...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW