A small, waterproof, flash-based MP3 player sounds like a nifty idea, and this is what Nu has tried to create in their latest digital music device, the Dolphin. However, while the idea may be a good one, the execution leaves a lot to be desired, as t...
The Acer TravelMate 4223WLMi proudly states that it is "Windows Vista Premium Ready" with a sticker on the monitor bezel. A good sign to start out with, it was backed up with reasonably good performance in our tests. However, this result is not as go...
An excellent example of a complete package for a reasonable price, the TI Value 500 includes a 17inBenQ LCD monitor as well as a basic keyboard and mouse. The CPU held up quite well in our performance tests while and the gaming capabilities achieved ...
Gracing the scales at a mere 997g, the LifeBook P1610 is the flyweight of laptops, but it still packs an impressive punch for its weight class. Its convertible form factor gives it an edge over other ultra portables, as does a range of features typic...
Built with a certain air of class and constructed using quality hardware for a reasonable price, the Fujitsu Lifebook S6311 is a solid performer and shows you don't have to forgo image for functionality.
Following hot on the heels of products like Aiptek's [[prodid:2050]] is Megxon's MX7 digital camera. Sporting a 7 megapixel CCD sensor, it tries to be a little of everything, capturing both still pictures and video footage, as well as offering MP3 pl...
It's not terribly often that hardware vendors are so forward-thinking that they can retrofit a whole new class of hardware into an existing chassis. Cisco Systems, however, seems to be able to do this with ease. The new Cisco 7200 router is a perfect...
It's been a long wait, but Windows Vista PCs are here. We evaluated the first batch of desktop systems preloaded with Microsoft's new operating system -- and the results of our exclusive benchmark performance tests show that even sub-US$,1000 systems...
The Motorola S705 SoundPilot is a wireless Bluetooth stereo headset that can stream music via any A2DP compatible mobile phone or music player. The S705 doubles as a hands-free headset, has an FM radio and features a small display that shows caller I...
With a whopping 8GB of internal storage and a new music player, the aptly named Nokia N91 8GB is the next iteration of the [[prodid:2163]] music phone. The phone's music capabilities are top notch, with a 3.5mm headphone jack and external music contr...
The tiny HP Pavilion Slimline PC (s7525a) would happily find a home in any environment. While it may not be the fastest performer, its compact design and media centre functionality make it a good value option.
A budget PC, the Plus Corporation Inspire 6400 Duo is a nice collection of hardware that won't break the bank. The 19in screen, 320GB worth of storage and Intel Core 2 Duo CPU provide good functionality at an excellent price, without compromising the...
If you're looking for a budget PC option, the Altech Matador No.1 offers a complete package. This is a neat combination that includes the PC, a 17in LCD, keyboard and mouse. It comes with Windows XP Home and includes a coupon for a free Vista upgrade...
Nokia's N800 Internet Tablet is one of those devices that's fascinating and unique enough to make a mobile geek's heart go pitter-patter with excitement but may not fit the needs of a lot of people.
A fitness system that involves a Nike shoe communicating wirelessly to an iPod nano, Apple's new Nike + iPod is an excellent digital pedometer that is guaranteed to get you up and running.
Take home a Crucial® MX300 Solid State Drive this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerSA
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationVIC