The box-shaped design of this multifunction device isn't pretty, but its real beauty lies within. The more we used the Pixma MP600R, the more we liked it. It's packed with features that are useful for those who want to curb paper usage, increase prod...
The VX2245wm is a 22in widescreen LCD monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050 pixels. An identical panel to the VX2235wm, this unit is set apart by the inclusion of an iPod dock, USB ports and memory card readers which are built-in to the base...
The DORO 225IPC is a budget VoIP phone aimed at first time users. It offers pretty good value for money and includes 10 selectable ring tones, caller ID, a blue backlit LCD display and the ability to browse through your Skype contacts.
The TRENDnet ClearSky Bluetooth VoIP Phone is an enticing package, offering a solid handset that features an effective wireless bluetooth range of up to 50 metres. Its responsive buttons and full compatability with Skype (as well as providing audio s...
The Philips VOIP433 is an interesting new VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone that allows users to make and receive internet calls using a Windows Live Messenger account. The VOIP433 also acts as a regular cordless telephone and includes a colo...
The Philips VOIP321 is the second in the new range of VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phones from Philips and offers traditional landline calling as well as the latest Skype technology in one unit. The VOIP321 is a cordless phone and has a bright...
A revolutionary entry into the VoIP market, the NETGEAR SPH101, is the world's first wireless Internet phone. A fully fledged Skype phone capable of connecting to a wireless network via Wi-Fi, the SPH101 comes pre-loaded with Skype on the handset its...
VoIP (voice over IP) is a neat way of making free or low-cost calls via your PC. It has finally come into its own, having been floating around for a handful of years waiting for both decent-speed broadband and us punters to catch on to its charms.
Looking just like an ordinary corded telephone, Lasers USB VoIP phone is a largely uninspiring product. Its features list is slim, but what it does offer is a large monochrome LCD which displays caller ID information and selectable ring tones.
The ASUS AiGuru S1 is a VoIP phone that features an effective 802.11b/g wireless connection and supports the popular Skype application. It also doubles as a wireless music streamer using Windows Media Player, with the ability to serve as a remote con...
Philips has released its new MCM108D Mini Hi-Fi with the hope of riding the success of Apple's iPod series, by designing a unit specifically to interface with the iPod, as well as the range of Philips GoGear audio players. While most audiophiles will...
Nokia has added to their N-series range with the Nokia N93i, a cosmetic upgrade to the [[prodid:2992]]. The N93i retains the same form factor, but adds a stylish, metallic silver finish, and mirror front. The N93i has also been trimmed down considera...
Logitech's latest solution to your PC's peripheral needs is a package of wireless, Bluetooth input devices. The diNovo Media Desktop Laser consists of an ultra-flat keyboard, an MX900 mouse and a MediaPad, which acts a numeric keypad and a media cont...
Altech's Sputnik X2 is an Intel Core 2 Duo-based system for users on a budget. It's a relatively plain PC, but it includes good core components and plenty of upgrade room for future expansion. It scored well in our tests, considering its price and co...
Sporting a relatively slim design, a dual core processor, two HD TV tuners and 250GB of storage, the ASUS Digital Home D22 is a fairly competent media centre PC. It performed quite well in our tests and should satisfy the average consumer who is afte...
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW