The Sony Ericsson Z550i is a competent and well designed mid-range mobile phone with a number of excellent features. It combines sleek and stylish looks with a 1.3 megapixel camera, FM radio, Bluetooth connectivity and a music player.
Lenovo's 3000 series N100 is a solid all purpose notebook. Its performance in our testing exceeded our expectations, and while it is fairly basic in terms of both design and aesthetics, it is a good choice for working both from home and on the road. ...
One of the big advantages of developing ASP.Net 2.0 Web sites with Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Web Developer Express is that you can accomplish a great deal in design mode by dragging, dropping, and configuring components before manipulating the com...
The ASUS U5F is a compact and light weight ultra-portable notebook that measures just 274 x 232 x 33 mm and weighs just 1.43 kilograms. It offers excellent battery life and solid performance. The U5F will appeal to those who want an incredibly portab...
The Lenovo 3000 N100 notebook is available in a number of configurations. Lenovo sent us two versions for testing: the 0768-A27 and the 0768-A31. The N100 0768- A31 has a slower processor, a lower quality display and less hard drive space than the [[...
There are an awful lot of nice things to say about Philips' HTS9800W home theatre system. This 6.1 wireless home theatre system has an air of Bang & Olufsen about it, minus the price tag. Wafer thin speakers combine with a vertically mounted DVD play...
Philips' DVDR 7300H is a 250GB HDD/DVD recorder with more features than hooligans at an English soccer match. The lack of a digital tuner is a bit of a let down though, as is the unfriendly interface.
Some people don't realise that audio is just as important as visuals when playing video games. Clear audio and realistic bass can envelope a player and draw them into the game world. Playing with television speakers may be enough for the average play...
Philips is an interesting technology company. Their innovations seem geared toward making technology more accessible while also attaining a high standard. When it came time to review the 42 inch 42PF9831 LCD television we had to momentarily put aside...
The Sony Ericsson MDS-70 is a 2.1 speaker system designed for use with a range of Sony Ericsson mobile phones and any standard portable music player. It features excellent quality sound combined with the ability to adjust basic audio settings and pla...
Designed exclusively for use with the Vodafone network, the BlackBerry 8707v is an update to their 8707 handset, adding 3G capabilities to what already was a quite impressive unit. The 8700v (v standing for Vodafone) offers the convenient push email ...
Nobody can accuse Nokia of a lack of innovation. Their Nokia 3250 music phone incorporates a twisting, almost Rubix Cube-like design which houses the regular phone keypad on one side, a camera in the middle and music controls on the rear. It is a uni...
Olympus is well known for creating interesting and unique cameras, and the latest entry into their weatherproof range of compacts, the MJU 740, fits this mould nicely. Featuring new anti-shake technology, their highly recognisable wedge shaped design...
The Finepix A500 is a budget digital camera from Fujifilm. Costing less than the majority of other units on the market, the A500 is a case of getting what you pay for. It exhibited some noticeable flaws in our image quality tests, and offers build qu...
There are three things that are certain in the life of a network administrator: death, taxes and deployment. Particularly with Windows Vista just around the corner now, you're probably beginning to think about how you will roll out the operating syst...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying US$532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW