Recently, there seems to have been an influx of computer TV tuner cards hitting the market that also have FM radio tuning capabilities. In July we reviewed the LifeView FlyVideo 3000 and this month we tested the Pinnacle PCTV Pro, a card that allows ...
GNOME is one of the most popular desktops for Linux. Following 18 months development, the latest version of GNOME, 2.0, is now available. In this column we examine what's new, what's improved and what's missing from this milestone release for the GNO...
Review? What review? All I know is for the last few weeks I've been running around blasting everything in sight. Sometimes I stop and blast the bad guy over and over again just in case - but it's really to see how many different horrifying animation...
Hundreds of fun games are released every year, but only a few have the potential to change a genre or deliver something truly remarkable. Neverwinter Nights is one such game.
The Rubik's brainteaser was an international obsession in the 1970s and 1980s and now the fixation has come to the Net. The site is immensely simple, but refreshingly well done, with great graphics and smooth motion.
Canon was the first manufacturer to combine designer chic and photographic versatility for compact digital cameras with its Ixus range. Many have followed suit, but Canon continues to develop the series to keep the Ixus name at the forefront of compa...
Panasonic's SV-AV10 squeezes masses of functionality into its tiny shell. This digital camera measures 27x88x50mm and weighs 98g, but it can capture still and moving images and voice recordings, as well as acting as an MP3 player.
Those helpful Russians at Kaspersky Labs have been protecting our PCs from viruses since 1997. However, the company's products have a reputation for user interfaces that are about as self-explanatory as a tax return form.
It's fair to say that iFinger is one of those tools that you never knew you needed. And once you start using this electronic reference utility, it will become either invaluable or infuriating, depending on the nature of your work.
This graphics card is aimed at gamers (as well as business professionals) with screen real estate, image quality and performance in mind.
In the July issue of PC World, we reviewed the Pioneer DVR-A04 DVD-RW drive, the first to market with -R writing capabilities. Now Hewlett-Packard, a member of the rival DVD+RW alliance, has released its competing DVD200e external DVD+RW drive (pic...
Even though the back of this quite substantial resource suggests it caters for user levels from intermediate to advanced, the way the book introduces key concepts step by step also makes it useful for those with only a small degree of previous Direct...
The $US30 Desktop/LX distribution from upstart Lycoris demonstrates that Microsoft's monopoly on friendly OSes for the PC could be coming to a close. I looked at a late beta version of Desktop/LX Amethyst Update 2.
If technology is supposed to take you into the digital era, why do you have that mountain of paper on your desk? As much as we'd like to move towards a paperless office, that ever-growing pile of hard copies remains. If you'd like to take action and ...
Drive imaging, the best way to back up your entire hard drive for disaster recovery, used to require rebooting to DOS. Now you can do much of the chore in Windows.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW