Videologic is the first to release 7.1-channel units. (If you don’t own a 7.1-channel sound card, Videologic’s proprietary technology, SurFE (surround field enhancement), converts a 5.1 signal into 7.1 playback.) With 7.1-channel sound cards set to b...
The racing genre in video games has all kinds of different titles to suit everybody’s needs. Some of the different styles of games include rally, street and motorcycle racing. One title that brings something new to this saturated genre is World of Ou...
Concerned that unscrupulous Web sites may be tracking your every move on the Internet? Steganos’s $US25 Internet Anonym 5 keeps out prying eyes but exacts a heavy toll in Web-browsing performance.
One of three handset models designed exclusively for Vodafone’s Live! mobile Internet service, the tri-band Sharp GX20 phone is proof that mobiles are no longer restricted to voice.
While video editing is touted as a killer app, most PCs come bereft of any video input sockets. It’s therefore not always obvious how you get footage to and from your hard disk.
The shiny new Platinum version of Wacom’s Intuos2 graphics tablet is designed to look right at home in a digital artist’s workspace. But don’t let its pretty face fool you: this is one serious input device.
Enthusiastic flight simmers will know that developer Just Flight isn’t new to the genre. In the past it’s produced some of the best add-ons for Microsoft’s simulators.
We've already looked at AMD's new Athlon XP 3200+ processor, which operates at an actual clock speed of 2.2GHz. Now we test Intel's new 3.2GHz Pentium 4 processor. Our results indicate that the AMD equivalent CPU does not match this processor for gru...
NVIDIA promotes its new GeForce FX 5900 Ultra chip as "the fastest GPU in history". It may be, but if so, it isn't by much. In tests with current games, our 5900 Ultra reference card, equipped with 256MB of SDRAM, gave a relatively small performance ...
There aren’t many ways to upgrade your sound card without opening your PC case and confronting the jumble of wires and fragile components inside, but the team at Creative has managed to come up with one.
Choosing the wrong motherboard can limit the PC upgrade path severely, but selecting the right board can maximise a PC user’s experience.
Apple makes the best hard-disk-based MP3 players, and the company’s redesigned, third-generation iPod elegantly drives home that point.
We’ve all heard of McAfee, Symantec, Trend Micro and Sophos. GriSoft is perhaps a less well-known name in the field of corporate antivirus packages but this doesn’t mean it’s a lightweight company with low-end products.
A good camera should feel comfortable and sturdy, and Kodak’s latest offering is both. It is solidly built with an impressive range of features, but it is a little heavy (210g).
The X215 is quite simply the sexiest flat-panel we’ve reviewed. There’s a real lack of ostentation in the sleek minimalist design, and the blue-tinted glass front serves a purpose beyond aesthetics, incorporating AG Neovo’s own display-enhancing tech...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- FTInformation Management and Data Services ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC