Camped out at the end of one of your local computer store’s aisles — where it’s likely to snare impulse buyers — a simple all-in-one video editing/DVD application such as Pinnacle Systems’ $135 Pinnacle Expression or Roxio’s $US80 VideoWave Movie Cre...
IBM ViaVoice recognises speech and converts it into text or commands, enabling you to sideline the keyboard and mouse for common tasks such as creating documents, composing e-mail and browsing the Web. ViaVoice doesn’t simply convert spoken word int...
Multifunction devices have always offered good value for money, but the compact X75 Lexmark takes this to new heights.
The Madplayer is hard to describe: it’s an MP3 player and portable FM radio but also a cross between a Casio keyboard and DJ deck. This device composes music for you and then lets you manipulate it to create your own distinctive tune.
The 210g DX 4330 is a compact camera that could do with a sturdier body if it’s to cope with the rigours of family holidays.
The MX700 comes with a rapid-charge base station in which you dock the mouse when you’re not using it. Logitech says a 10-minute charge keeps the mouse going all day, and six to seven hours of recharging gets you 10 days of service. But that’s optimi...
Macromedia’s new Contribute software allows users easily to update, publish and modify content of existing Web sites using straightforward, word processor-like tools. This is ideal for users with only basic Web knowledge, but those with more advanced...
A cordless hands-free kit means you can keep the phone in your pocket or bag and simply use the headset to make and receive calls. Bluetooth ensures interoperability between different manufacturers’ phones and headsets.
Apple has increased the speed of its flagship Titanium PowerBook G4 notebooks to a maximum of 1GHz, up from a previous high of 800MHz.
Businesses or individual users may be looking for a backup solution for the home or office that supersedes the current offerings of tape or disk backup. The latest external hard drive from Maxtor may be just the solution to your problems.
Following from the very successful e310 model, Toshiba has just released a successor in the Pocket PC range, the e330. Similar in design and functionality to the e310 model, the e330 has some new features and upgraded specifications.
The $US390 Multimedia 20 measures 114x79x30mm and weighs a little over 280g. Its 20GB hard drive is big enough to store multiple movies or about 330 hours of MP3s encoded at 128Kbps. A USB 1.1 port makes the device truly plug and play — no special PC...
Ezijobz’s $399 Business Manager is designed for small and medium-sized businesses averse to accounting lingo but still requiring a tool to manage all facets of a business enterprise.
Microsoft Game Studios has released more information on FreeLancer, Digital Anvil’s enormously ambitious PC space exploration game due to hit stores in March.
Sony’s ever-expanding range of Clie handhelds is not just growing at the high end of the market. The company is now taking the entry-level PDA seriously, with the new models, the SL10 and SJ30. The latter is the colour model and literally blows the c...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
- GE waves developers onto its huge IoT stage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW