Gadgets and Gizmos
FileMaker, long known for its popular database management software, now enters the Palm arena with its new FileMaker Mobile software.
Costing $32.95 without a microphone, or $49.95 with, the program delivers, but there is a lack of the pizzazz that's generally expected in today's software. The application comes on two floppy disks - the first is the installation disk, and the secon...
If you're after a portable MP3 player, but the current solid-state and hard-drive players are out of your price range, then the Napa MP3 CD player may be just what you've been waiting for.
When the owners of many Palm, Pocket PC, and Windows CE handhelds try to sync with their desktop personal information manager, they discover that their PDA supports only Microsoft Outlook.
Dolby Digital 5.1, now available for desktop PCs, distributes six channels of sound through a central speaker, four satellites, and a subwoofer. I looked at shipping units of two speaker sets - one with true six-channel sound and one with a virtualis...
The Kingston TurboChip is a one-step processor upgrade which can upgrade many early Pentium II or Celeron computers to a 566MHz CPU. The Slot 1 configuration was used for most Intel-based machines made between May 1997 and January 1999. Many of the o...
The MV300i is one of a few digital video cameras revolutionising the handheld market.
If you want the power of the Internet in your pocket, Palm's new Mobile Internet Kit is a good starting point.
Macromedia has updated two of its core Web design products, Fireworks and Dreamweaver. The first major change across all the applications is the addition of the Macromedia common UI (user interface), which was first seen in Flash 5.0. The common UI p...
Microsoft Corp.'s Visual Basic is about to sprout some powerful legs this year in the form of Visual Basic.NET. Companies planning to adopt Visual Basic.NET will be able to leverage application capabilities, such as inheritance, that were previously ...
The first in the Lego Studios series takes much of its inspiration from the popular movie Jurassic Park. This kit contains Lego dinosaurs, Lego buildings, Lego cars, and even a tiny Lego Steven Spielberg.
Since the launch of Office 4.0 for Windows 3.1, Microsoft's range of desktop applications has become the pre-eminent suite. While much of this may be due to clever marketing, deals with PC makers to preinstall the software, and close connections with...
The convergence of portable digital devices is accelerating. We're starting to see mobile phones with built-in MP3 players or digital cameras, and more combinations are on the way. It seems likely that the killer portable product of the near future w...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic opens smart town targeting zero-emission houses
- Siemens patches critical SCADA flaws likely exploited in recent attacks
- European Parliament calls on Commission to consider breaking up Google
- China to open up Internet broadband market with upcoming trials
- B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW