The $749 PlayStation is no longer just a game unit, but a dedicated, computerised mini-entertainment system complete with USB, FireWire and PC Card slots, designed to kick the PC off its pedestal as the gameplay device.
Readiris, a multilingual OCR, takes graphical input from a scanner, and turns it into a document for use in your word processor.
For some time now, PartitionMagic been the industry standard for managing hard drive partitions under Windows.
Adobe Photoshop, long considered to be the best image-editing tool, adds powerful new text editing and vector graphics capabilities in its new version 6. As a result, rather than being a minor update, this is a substantial upgrade.
Apple has taken a bold move, in releasing such a radically different OS.
Microsoft's Encarta Reference Suite, the popular electronic encyclopedia, has some new capabilities that make it definitely worth a look.
With a maximum resolution of 640x480 (300,000 pixels), the Digimax 35 MP3 digital camera and MP3 player is a toy for the new millennium.
This bulk CD copier will appeal to medium-volume distributors of software.
Claw is an Australian-made controller designed to provide fast, ergonomic access to those critical keyboard controls for first-person games like Quake.
An engineering sample of Dell's new flagship notebook arrived at the PC World Test Centre with a few surprises stashed beneath its multicoloured hide.
This high-speed communications protocol originally was developed by Apple Computer and since has been ratified as a standard called IEEE1394. (It also has some proprietary names, such as "iLink" used by Sony.)
Home video cameras have come a long way in terms of affordability, size and image quality. One of the most recent entries into this market is the compact and innovative TRV20 from Sony.
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn Crimson Skies Homeworld: Cataclysm
Gadgets and gizmos
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW