The thin and light A4-sized S6010 is Fujitsu PC Australia's latest addition to its S series range. Weighing just 2.3kg with power supply and 2kg without, the S6010 comes in two variations.
The Director 8.5 book reviewed in the September issue of PC World targeted beginner to intermediate users, but this book focuses more on experienced Macromedia Director developers who are looking to improve their skills further.
An essential for any Web developer's tool belt is Macromedia's Studio MX - a $1999 suite incorporating the most significant releases to date of the company's Web design, server and client apps. Studio MX includes Macromedia Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX, ...
The Doom III demo had 'em jumping out of their seats at the Electronic Entertainment Expo last May. Although details at this time are scant at best, it's clear that Doom III will stick to the original story.
When a graphics card wields the processing power of the GeForce4 Ti family, it's hard not to recommend it. The highly efficient memory management, the stunning image quality of the nFinite-FX II engine and the enviable anti-aliasing facilities guaran...
It was with gleeful anticipation that I agreed to preview Kind of the Road. I love lightning-speed driving games; barrelling along the streets of a virtual capital city or powersliding round dirt-track bends at a supposed 180km/h - there's nothing be...
A decent Webcam, a green backdrop, and Serious Magic's new Visual Communicator software: those tools -- plus a little practice -- are all you need to turn a garden-variety PC into a remarkably potent video production machine. The slick videos you can...
The original Deus Ex is almost unanimously known as one of the best PC games of all time, and its sequel already looks like it's headed that way as well.
Recently, there seems to have been an influx of computer TV tuner cards hitting the market that also have FM radio tuning capabilities. In July we reviewed the LifeView FlyVideo 3000 and this month we tested the Pinnacle PCTV Pro, a card that allows ...
GNOME is one of the most popular desktops for Linux. Following 18 months development, the latest version of GNOME, 2.0, is now available. In this column we examine what's new, what's improved and what's missing from this milestone release for the GNO...
Review? What review? All I know is for the last few weeks I've been running around blasting everything in sight. Sometimes I stop and blast the bad guy over and over again just in case - but it's really to see how many different horrifying animation...
Hundreds of fun games are released every year, but only a few have the potential to change a genre or deliver something truly remarkable. Neverwinter Nights is one such game.
The Rubik's brainteaser was an international obsession in the 1970s and 1980s and now the fixation has come to the Net. The site is immensely simple, but refreshingly well done, with great graphics and smooth motion.
Canon was the first manufacturer to combine designer chic and photographic versatility for compact digital cameras with its Ixus range. Many have followed suit, but Canon continues to develop the series to keep the Ixus name at the forefront of compa...
Panasonic's SV-AV10 squeezes masses of functionality into its tiny shell. This digital camera measures 27x88x50mm and weighs 98g, but it can capture still and moving images and voice recordings, as well as acting as an MP3 player.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia