With the release of Office 2001, Microsoft's emphasis is not so much on bringing the Mac version ahead of the Windows version, as with making the two work more closely together.
Distributor freNETic has a winner on its hands with the SAST DVD/MP3 player. Into this one sleekly designed unit, SAST has managed to squeeze a lot of functionality.
Stardock's Object Desktop for Windows 98, Me and 2000 provides buttons, bars and looks that put Microsoft's offerings to shame.
Logitech WingMan Force 3D, Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 and Thrustmaster Fox 2 Pro compared.
At the lower end of MYOB's accounting range, First Accounts is suited to small businesses with few employees and no inventory.
Gadgets & gizmos
The $749 PlayStation is no longer just a game unit, but a dedicated, computerised mini-entertainment system complete with USB, FireWire and PC Card slots, designed to kick the PC off its pedestal as the gameplay device.
Readiris, a multilingual OCR, takes graphical input from a scanner, and turns it into a document for use in your word processor.
For some time now, PartitionMagic been the industry standard for managing hard drive partitions under Windows.
Adobe Photoshop, long considered to be the best image-editing tool, adds powerful new text editing and vector graphics capabilities in its new version 6. As a result, rather than being a minor update, this is a substantial upgrade.
Apple has taken a bold move, in releasing such a radically different OS.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW