The MagiColor 2300W, Minolta-QMS’ latest addition to its range, is in essence a stripped-down version of the 2300 Desklaser.
The fight for supremacy in the DVD writer market has taken another twist with the release of Teac’s latest drive. The DV-W50EK boasts 4x DVD-R capabilities, making it (on paper at least) one the fastest drives we’ve seen yet. The drive also reads CDs...
Developed by Spain-based Pyro Studios, which is also responsible for the popular Commandos series, Praetorians follows the usual RTS mould but also exhibits some features of a different style of gameplay.
The final public beta of Microsoft’s Office 2003 sits the suite firmly in the enterprise league as a complete front end system.
HP’s recently released PSC 1210 is a compact printer, scanner and copier in one, which connects to a PC via USB. It’s perfect for students or home office users who want a good workhorse that won’t take up a gluttonous amount of real estate.
Last year, ATI's Radeon 9700 Pro stole the gaming crown, outperforming NVIDIA's NV25-based GeForce cards, the Ti 4200, 4400 and 4600. NVIDIA took stock and spent time perfecting the 0.13-micron process, enabling its designers to use 125 million tra...
It looks bulky, but this behemoth from Canon is a Bubble Jet printer, scanner, copier and fax machine in one, and is best suited to the office environment that needs photo quality output and input capabilities, as well as a good old fax machine.
If you require a powerful, well equipped computer system, but don’t have the space for a mid-tower computer case or a big budget, then this do-it-yourself kit from Shuttle will allow you to employ a strong configuration in the tiniest of PC enclosure...
Personal Digital Assistants are great mobile must-haves but the high price can be off-putting to people wanting to join the mobile revolution. Dell is a newcomer to the market, but it’s clearly thought out its strategy — combining power and expendabi...
We’ve often complained in the past that HP iPaqs are too expensive, so the release of a sub-$700 model is very welcome. But not only is the h1910 HP’s cheapest iPaq yet, it’s the slimmest too. Put it next to Dell’s Axim X5 and you can really see the ...
The simple fact that Office 2003 will run on Windows 2000 and XP only may be just the impetus for some users to look elsewhere for their next productivity suite.
Previously released as part of its Internet Security Suite, McAfee’s Parental Controls is now available as a stand-alone product in updated form. It offers protection for kids when they’re surfing, using chatrooms or sending instant messages.
The browser wars continue on the Linux platform with the release of Opera version 7. Opera is a browser famous for its high performance, standards compliance and very small size, not to mention its position as the first browser to use the now widely ...
LapLink Everywhere lets you access e-mail and files from up to three PCs via any browser-enabled device, be it Mac or PC, PDA or smart phone. The software itself is free, but the service isn’t — there’s a monthly fee of $US9.95, or slightly less if y...
Many of the latest high-end digital cameras have essentially been improved versions of earlier models -- Sony’s DSC-F717 and Fujifilm’s FinePix S602 Pro spring immediately to mind. Minolta’s new Dimage 7Hi is also an update of an earlier model, the 7...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC