Breed is a first-person shooter in which players can command an array of sci-fi vehicles. Its implementation gives it a different edge from Halo and it has some of the biggest playing fields we’ve ever seen. Breed is definitely one to watch for and c...
I am a digital camera virgin. And have been a film camera snob.
Hewlett-Packard’s lowest-priced colour laser printer ever, the Color LaserJet 1500L, offers high-quality output for small- and home-office users ready to make the leap from inkjet to laser printing. To reach that low price, however, HP had to cut som...
Samsung has long specialised in that irresistible combination of ravishing case design, high-calibre image quality and a beautifully pitched pricing strategy. The SyncMaster 172T is another winning model that gives the competition plenty to chew on.
If you want high frame rates but can't stretch your budget to the high-end FX 5800/5900 cards, the ideal option has always been a GeForce 4600 or 4800 chip. With the FX 5600 Ultra chip, NVIDIA and Gainward hope to lure you with the promise of DirectX...
Most PC systems are vulnerable to problems such as data loss via viruses, corrupt software or hard disk failure. Unless PC users have a regime of regular backups, problems could arise.
With a comprehensive software bundle, fast specifications, support for both popular DVD writing formats and a competitive price tag, the DVR-A06 builds on Pioneer’s line of market-leading DVD writing units for the PC.
Another year, another release of NaturallySpeaking. The new version now fully integrates the codebase of the old L&H VoiceXpress, so it promises to be the best edition yet.
When I loaded up Zoombinis, I thought I was in for a sweet and cuddly kid’s game with nothing in it to challenge my developed, worldly mind. However, my afternoon didn’t turn out to be as comfortable as I had thought.
Many feats of human dexterity don’t translate to a computer environment: shaking someone’s hand, playing a guitar, performing open-heart surgery. But CorelPAINTER 8 makes the delicate art of painting on a digital canvas not just possible but fun.
Buying on looks alone can land you in deep water in the IT market, and in no area is this more true than the flat panel sector. At first glance the Neovo looks every bit the office essential — its polished glass screen and fold-down stand both sugges...
FujiFilm’s A210 FinePix is aimed at first-timers making the leap to digital. Its design is deliberately simple, with large buttons and clear non-technical markings.
The Epson Stylus Photo 925 was packed to the rafters with connectivity options, combining versatility and innovation in a stand-alone photo printer that delivered great results. We couldn’t wait to get the 925’s latest sibling, the all-singing, all-d...
Fear is your first enemy. You sense the restlessness of the natives and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Analytical cogitation is replaced by animal instinct and you’re reduced to the reactionism of fight or flight. All the while, an appr...
Recently hitting the shelves, Chaser is an impressive-looking FPS (first-person shooter). I was lucky enough to get my hands on some preview code, and to say it blew my socks off would be something of an understatement. From the minute Chaser was up ...
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW