One good thing to come out of the dot-com crash is the greater focus being placed on a considered approach to online efforts. Measuring the Success of Your Website, written with the goal of helping readers systematically track and analyse the perform...
Incorporating coverage of the new features in Mac OS X 10.1, this book is targeted towards all user levels - including relative newbies - and contains all the necessary content to make it a true Bible-like resource.
Samurai meets princess. Samurai loses princess. Samurai butchers a supernatural army to win back princess. That's the basic premise that fuels Genma Onimusha, an action/adventure title that should be called Onimusha Redux: this is an improved version...
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions is an odd concoction of mission-based racing that puts you in two sets of shoes - as both uniformed and undercover police officers. The game's premise, coupled with challenging and diverse scenarios, is more than enough...
Shrek is a graphical achievement with gorgeously rendered interior and exterior textures, stunning real-time lighting, and awesome shadow effects. The sprawling, fairy-tale inspired worlds are fantastically designed and detailed, and by boasting emot...
Hankies at the ready, this is a sad story. When I was five, I desperately wanted a Barbie, but my parents couldn't afford one (are those violins I hear?). In the end, I had to make do with a cheap fake from the corner shop. Of course, this scarred ...
It's a few years after the destruction of the second Death Star, and the New Republic is starting to take shape. Of course, in fine Star Wars fashion, a new threat is approaching to terrorise the galaxy, and who better to fight this new phantom menac...
After many long years in development, C&C Renegade shows the world that you don't need sentimental war nostalgia, Nazis, or the Quake III engine to make an awesome first-person shooter.
According to the blurb on the back, this "million-selling" book will "make you an Internet guru in the shortest possible time". The aim is similar to the Dummies books, but the Rough Guide version wears a cooler guise. Whether this makes it a better ...
If you're in the market for a hard copy reference for computer terms, the Computer Desktop Encyclopedia presents a good package.
When people start using computers, it soon becomes clear to them that there is a huge amount to learn. Of course, the Internet can be a great resource, but a reference book like PC Performance can be more helpful in coming to grips with the technolog...
Apple has finally launched the fully revamped version of its best-selling personal computer. The latest model incorporates many of the most-requested features, while retaining plenty of the best traits that are found in existing higher-end Macs.
The RipGo is the first of two players in this review that can burn CDs as well as function as a portable MP3 player (it also plays WMA files). This CD-based device uses 8cm discs that can hold up to 180MB of data (200MB discs are also available). Whi...
The deep, clear and powerful sound of the Logitech Z-560 THX-certified 4.1 system's 8in sub-woofer made the entire office take note once we pushed the volume knob over the fourth notch on the dial.
The PC-EPhone is touted as the first wireless device to converge the functions of a PDA, telephone and handheld PC complete with full Internet browsing capabilities. With an unusual form factor (similar to that of a personal CD player) and a weight o...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Sway gets its first paid features
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia