Adobe FrameMaker's legendary status in the DTP (desktop publishing) world is undisputed, but does it have much of a future? The recent aggressive promotion of stablemate InDesign has prompted some to question Adobe's continued commitment to the vener...
If you often present PowerPoint slides, you've probably yearned to be untethered from your laptop. Atek Electronics' Tote-Remote and Logitech's versatile Cordless Presenter give you the freedom to conduct a presentation without touching a keyboard --...
It's a good thing that nVidia produces top-quality technology, since its arcane naming system is calculated to drive the video industry crazy. Not only is its GeForce4 family split into two differing branches -- the MX and Ti -- nVidia also insists o...
WrestleMania X8 is the first and only GameCube wrestling game to date, and it is so disappointing it will have GameCube owners going to their PS2-owning friends' houses to play SmackDown.
When LucasArts announces a new Star Wars game, people get curious. When it says it will be an RPG set 4000 years before the first movie, people start paying attention. But when it reveals that the game is being developed by BioWare, the outfit behind...
You can play through hundreds of years of Scottish history in Highland Warriors, a new 3D RTS that hopes to revolutionise the genre with attention to detail and sheer mayhem.
Any game that can make Dungeon Siege and the Baldur's Gate series look limited in scope has to win your respect. Morrowind effortlessly grabs the other PC RPGs by the throat, swings them around, and leaves them in a heap on the side of the road.
Fusing good looks and functionality, three new PDAs are set to give Palm a run for its money.
Teac and LG have raised the bar yet again with a pair of revolutionary CD-RW drives that effortlessly outclass the previous 32x models. Offering CD-R rates of up to 40x, these two drives are pushing existing technology to its extremes.
What an interesting romp this is through the "story of the keyboard @ your fingertips" - and, by necessity, its predecessor the typewriter.
Apple zealots are thick on the ground in cyberspace, but perhaps none is more central to the Apple core than Steve The Woz' Wozniak, co-inventor of the first Apple computer.
In the shape of Works, Microsoft has a long pedigree of marketing popular family-friendly products at a budget price - a fact not lost on computer manufacturers, who just love preinstalling it on new systems instead of the pricier Office. We're happy...
Are you itching to try Linux but unwilling to leave Microsoft Office behind? Check out CrossOver Office from CodeWeavers.
You can get 10 CDs' worth of music in MP3 format onto one CD and many car stereo manufacturers have started producing stereos that will recognise and play MP3s. At the moment, most people with car CD sound systems either have a CD stacker or they car...
If you're totally bewildered by this mysterious new development of mobile technology, take a look at Mobilize Yourself! This freshly published Guide to mobile technology will educate even the most lost consumer about this new section of the IT market...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA