AOpen goes retro with its high-tech AX4B-533 Tube motherboard, complete with Intel’s 845E chip-set, a speedy 533MHz front side bus, USB 2.0 support, and an on-board vacuum tube for audio. That’s right — a vacuum tube that looks like it was yanked o...
UnitedLinux is the product of four major Linux distribution vendors (Connectiva, The SCO Group (formerly Caldera), SuSE and TurboLinux) combining development efforts to produce a single Linux distribution, upon which each vendor will base future pr...
The increasing use of search engines has given rise to SEO (search engine optimisation) as a key part of Web site promotion strategy. In short, if you can’t flag your Internet wares to the leading search engines, your site will wither and die.
In the next instalment of Microsoft’s Office suite, the major improvements are led by a tighter integration of XML technology. Creating and working with XML documents is far superior than in Office XP, which is a fair indication of how important XML...
Ulead’s latest graphics package is starting to benefit from a long history of development. PhotoImpact 8 is now packed with more tools than home users will probably ever use or need.
Camped out at the end of one of your local computer store’s aisles — where it’s likely to snare impulse buyers — a simple all-in-one video editing/DVD application such as Pinnacle Systems’ $135 Pinnacle Expression or Roxio’s $US80 VideoWave Movie Cre...
IBM ViaVoice recognises speech and converts it into text or commands, enabling you to sideline the keyboard and mouse for common tasks such as creating documents, composing e-mail and browsing the Web. ViaVoice doesn’t simply convert spoken word int...
Multifunction devices have always offered good value for money, but the compact X75 Lexmark takes this to new heights.
The Madplayer is hard to describe: it’s an MP3 player and portable FM radio but also a cross between a Casio keyboard and DJ deck. This device composes music for you and then lets you manipulate it to create your own distinctive tune.
The 210g DX 4330 is a compact camera that could do with a sturdier body if it’s to cope with the rigours of family holidays.
The MX700 comes with a rapid-charge base station in which you dock the mouse when you’re not using it. Logitech says a 10-minute charge keeps the mouse going all day, and six to seven hours of recharging gets you 10 days of service. But that’s optimi...
Macromedia’s new Contribute software allows users easily to update, publish and modify content of existing Web sites using straightforward, word processor-like tools. This is ideal for users with only basic Web knowledge, but those with more advanced...
A cordless hands-free kit means you can keep the phone in your pocket or bag and simply use the headset to make and receive calls. Bluetooth ensures interoperability between different manufacturers’ phones and headsets.
Apple has increased the speed of its flagship Titanium PowerBook G4 notebooks to a maximum of 1GHz, up from a previous high of 800MHz.
Businesses or individual users may be looking for a backup solution for the home or office that supersedes the current offerings of tape or disk backup. The latest external hard drive from Maxtor may be just the solution to your problems.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo's claim of 'state-sponsored' hackers meets with skepticism
- GE, Bosch and open source could bring more IoT tools
- New Mac Trojan uses the Russian space program as a front
- Forget the robocalypse -- 'Homo connecticus' may be what's coming
- Armies of hacked IoT devices launch unprecedented DDoS attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW