Videologic is the first to release 7.1-channel units. (If you don’t own a 7.1-channel sound card, Videologic’s proprietary technology, SurFE (surround field enhancement), converts a 5.1 signal into 7.1 playback.) With 7.1-channel sound cards set to b...
The racing genre in video games has all kinds of different titles to suit everybody’s needs. Some of the different styles of games include rally, street and motorcycle racing. One title that brings something new to this saturated genre is World of Ou...
Concerned that unscrupulous Web sites may be tracking your every move on the Internet? Steganos’s $US25 Internet Anonym 5 keeps out prying eyes but exacts a heavy toll in Web-browsing performance.
One of three handset models designed exclusively for Vodafone’s Live! mobile Internet service, the tri-band Sharp GX20 phone is proof that mobiles are no longer restricted to voice.
While video editing is touted as a killer app, most PCs come bereft of any video input sockets. It’s therefore not always obvious how you get footage to and from your hard disk.
The shiny new Platinum version of Wacom’s Intuos2 graphics tablet is designed to look right at home in a digital artist’s workspace. But don’t let its pretty face fool you: this is one serious input device.
Enthusiastic flight simmers will know that developer Just Flight isn’t new to the genre. In the past it’s produced some of the best add-ons for Microsoft’s simulators.
We've already looked at AMD's new Athlon XP 3200+ processor, which operates at an actual clock speed of 2.2GHz. Now we test Intel's new 3.2GHz Pentium 4 processor. Our results indicate that the AMD equivalent CPU does not match this processor for gru...
NVIDIA promotes its new GeForce FX 5900 Ultra chip as "the fastest GPU in history". It may be, but if so, it isn't by much. In tests with current games, our 5900 Ultra reference card, equipped with 256MB of SDRAM, gave a relatively small performance ...
There aren’t many ways to upgrade your sound card without opening your PC case and confronting the jumble of wires and fragile components inside, but the team at Creative has managed to come up with one.
Choosing the wrong motherboard can limit the PC upgrade path severely, but selecting the right board can maximise a PC user’s experience.
Apple makes the best hard-disk-based MP3 players, and the company’s redesigned, third-generation iPod elegantly drives home that point.
We’ve all heard of McAfee, Symantec, Trend Micro and Sophos. GriSoft is perhaps a less well-known name in the field of corporate antivirus packages but this doesn’t mean it’s a lightweight company with low-end products.
A good camera should feel comfortable and sturdy, and Kodak’s latest offering is both. It is solidly built with an impressive range of features, but it is a little heavy (210g).
The X215 is quite simply the sexiest flat-panel we’ve reviewed. There’s a real lack of ostentation in the sleek minimalist design, and the blue-tinted glass front serves a purpose beyond aesthetics, incorporating AG Neovo’s own display-enhancing tech...
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Network management vulnerability exposes cable modems to hacking
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Blame terrorists if you get a speeding ticket while driving in France
- If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC