Only a few years ago, turning your PC into a movie-editing suite was a fairly ambitious enterprise. Now, however, in this world of DVD, FireWire, rocket-powered processors and gargantuan hard disks, video-editing is much less of a niche market.
Long before Flash and Dreamweaver, Director was Macromedia’s premiere application for multimedia, providing extensive tools for designing animation and interactive programs that could be distributed on CD-ROM and, later, across the Web.
A new crop of search engines tuned specifically to unearthing information from Weblogs and other news feeds are emerging to help simplify the process of searching and navigating Weblogs.
Canon’s MV600 range replaces its MV500 series of DV camcorders. The entry-level MV600i features a Canon 18x zoom lens and 360x digital zoom as well as a 2.5in colour LCD and colour viewfinder, seven recording modes and a night mode.
The compact DCRTRV19 offers a nice combination of features for a camcorder in this price range, with USB streaming video, a 10x optical Carl Zeiss zoom lens and sharp 2.5in LCD screen.
Camcorders have entered the world of DVD, with Hitachi introducing a range based on an 8cm Mini-DVD disc. The latest Hitachi DVD camcorder range now writes to DVD-R discs as well as DVD-RAM, and transfers video to the PC using a USB connection.
If you’re still not convinced that war is a bad thing, you might like to try a couple of campaigns in GI Combat: Battle of Normandy. This strategy simulation pitches you into close combat directly after the D-Day landings. In a series of battles you ...
Aimed at businesses and professional users, Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.0 brings the package in line with the competition by including a quarantine area, a fully integrated firewall, daily automatic updates via the Internet, script blocking, and the a...
Designed to keep unwanted noses out of your system while it’s online, Kaspersky Anti-Hacker monitors the connection between your PC and the Internet. If it spots anything unscheduled going on, Anti-Hacker stops it, alerting the user to what’s happeni...
Building on iRiver’s already-successful range of MP3-capable players, the latest offering features a hard drive for storage of approximately 2500 hours of music, based on the 10GB model.
PaperPort Pro 9 Office, a new business version of PaperPort Deluxe, is a total solution for creating, organising and sharing paper, PDF and digital documents.
Do you only occasionally need to convert a single document to PDF? Try a program such as PdfEdit995, which is available free (with banner ads) from www.pdf995.com.
Even after an almost four-year hiatus, team Rainbow shows why it’s still the top antiterrorist team on the PC. If you’ve enjoyed past Rainbow Six games or just have an itch to take out terrorists on your own, Raven Shield will completely fulfil your ...
Another year, another Scrabble release. And this one’s not much different to the last version. Most notably, Ubi Soft has added support for XP and Internet tournaments and, thankfully, dispensed with the annoying animations that popped up between tur...
VideoWave was originally launched by MGI in the late 1990s and is now available under the Roxio umbrella. Roxio has cottoned on to the growing interest in rediscovering footage on analog videotapes, so there’s as much emphasis on transferring recordi...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
- Razer's Power Bank boosts your laptop battery while charging two smartphones
- Eleven-year-old root flaw found and patched in the Linux kernel
- Sony reveals the 'world's fastest' SD card
- Mass Effect: Andromeda hands-on preview: A new space opera built on old ideas
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA