Handspring has added two Treo combination phone/PDAs to its line-up of Palm OS-based PDAs. One, the 180, comes with a tiny QWERTY keyboard, while the other, the 180g, relies on Graffiti text input. The keyboard is really small but it beats SMSing on ...
If you're thinking of networking your home and are looking for a good, basic introduction, take a look at Home Networking Survival Guide. Just keep in mind that some of the material is not applicable to Australian households. You may have trouble fin...
The S900 is designed specifically for photo reproduction. If you want the best photo prints, then you're going to have to sacrifice in other areas - like speed and print costs - but the S900 is no different to competitors in this regard.
The latest offering from Kodak is a 4-megapixel camera with a 35-70mm lens that is capable of 2X optical zooming and 3X digital zooming. It can take images in great detail, and as such gives you the ability to produce prints that range in size from 1...
One good thing to come out of the dot-com crash is the greater focus being placed on a considered approach to online efforts. Measuring the Success of Your Website, written with the goal of helping readers systematically track and analyse the perform...
Incorporating coverage of the new features in Mac OS X 10.1, this book is targeted towards all user levels - including relative newbies - and contains all the necessary content to make it a true Bible-like resource.
Samurai meets princess. Samurai loses princess. Samurai butchers a supernatural army to win back princess. That's the basic premise that fuels Genma Onimusha, an action/adventure title that should be called Onimusha Redux: this is an improved version...
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions is an odd concoction of mission-based racing that puts you in two sets of shoes - as both uniformed and undercover police officers. The game's premise, coupled with challenging and diverse scenarios, is more than enough...
Shrek is a graphical achievement with gorgeously rendered interior and exterior textures, stunning real-time lighting, and awesome shadow effects. The sprawling, fairy-tale inspired worlds are fantastically designed and detailed, and by boasting emot...
Hankies at the ready, this is a sad story. When I was five, I desperately wanted a Barbie, but my parents couldn't afford one (are those violins I hear?). In the end, I had to make do with a cheap fake from the corner shop. Of course, this scarred ...
It's a few years after the destruction of the second Death Star, and the New Republic is starting to take shape. Of course, in fine Star Wars fashion, a new threat is approaching to terrorise the galaxy, and who better to fight this new phantom menac...
After many long years in development, C&C Renegade shows the world that you don't need sentimental war nostalgia, Nazis, or the Quake III engine to make an awesome first-person shooter.
According to the blurb on the back, this "million-selling" book will "make you an Internet guru in the shortest possible time". The aim is similar to the Dummies books, but the Rough Guide version wears a cooler guise. Whether this makes it a better ...
If you're in the market for a hard copy reference for computer terms, the Computer Desktop Encyclopedia presents a good package.
When people start using computers, it soon becomes clear to them that there is a huge amount to learn. Of course, the Internet can be a great resource, but a reference book like PC Performance can be more helpful in coming to grips with the technolog...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
- GE waves developers onto its huge IoT stage
- Cyberespionage group Patchwork sets its sights on multiple industries
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW