Are you just too busy to back up those important computer files? Iomega's new QuikSync 3 program instantly saves your data to a second drive, so you're always covered if your hard drive goes belly-up.
The simplicity and elegance of Palm connected organisers have made them the most popular personal digital assistants (PDAs). The new models add features like multimedia capabilities, productivity software, and connectivity options.
MP3 players continue to be among the most popular digital appliances. We look at three players, each with a new feature - bigger memory, photographic capabilities, or tiny size.
Internet Explorer dominates the world of Web browsers, both in numbers and in quality. The sixth version of this program is under development as the core browser technology for Windows XP, and we've taken a look at a pre-release copy for a glimpse of...
The Motorola Timeport P7389i is one of the first phones in Australia to use this new mobile Internet data transfer service.
An educational game for younger kids is a bit of a balancing act. The game must be simple enough that younger kids can play it, but complex enough to hold their attention. We tested a few to see how they did - not all managed the tightrope walk.
Next to its operating system, Microsoft's most important product is its office suite, which can be found on almost as many computers as Windows itself. Office XP is the latest revision of this collection of applications, and looks like the best yet, ...
In the latest iteration of its photo editor, PhotoSuite 4, Platinum Edition, MGI Software couples an elegant interface with improved imaging controls. But the package still contains a few quirks.
Looking for a digital camera with style, substance, and an affordable price? Check out Kodak's new DC3800.
Inkjets are the affordable option for most individual users, but if you require a high volume of colour output then a large, network-ready colour laser printer is your best choice. Witness Canon's latest colour laser, the CLBP400.
Still in early beta development, the existing Freenet is a peer-to-peer network that protects the anonymity of its users and resists any attempt to impose censorship.
Teach Yourself Networking in 24 Hours is aimed at easing beginners into the many aspects of networking, from learning the fundamental terminology to designing and implementing the physical layout of your computers.
This book presents an array of Internet facilities and Web sites related to genealogy, illustrated with screenshots and enriched with examples, instructions and first-person testimonials - although it's fairly useless if you live outside the US.
Wherever we turn these days, references to the Internet are everywhere. This does not necessarily mean all Australians are connected or have a total grasp of Net-related activities. They are the audience of The Internet for Busy People.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft updates program to encourage diversity in partner law firms
- DHS warns about privacy implications of cybersecurity bill
- Apple computers vulnerable to 'Thunderstrike 2' firmware worm
- Apple falls to third in China smartphone rankings, while Xiaomi vaults ahead
- Cleaning up botnets takes years, if ever, to complete
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW