If you're in the market for a hard copy reference for computer terms, the Computer Desktop Encyclopedia presents a good package.
When people start using computers, it soon becomes clear to them that there is a huge amount to learn. Of course, the Internet can be a great resource, but a reference book like PC Performance can be more helpful in coming to grips with the technolog...
Apple has finally launched the fully revamped version of its best-selling personal computer. The latest model incorporates many of the most-requested features, while retaining plenty of the best traits that are found in existing higher-end Macs.
The RipGo is the first of two players in this review that can burn CDs as well as function as a portable MP3 player (it also plays WMA files). This CD-based device uses 8cm discs that can hold up to 180MB of data (200MB discs are also available). Whi...
The deep, clear and powerful sound of the Logitech Z-560 THX-certified 4.1 system's 8in sub-woofer made the entire office take note once we pushed the volume knob over the fourth notch on the dial.
The PC-EPhone is touted as the first wireless device to converge the functions of a PDA, telephone and handheld PC complete with full Internet browsing capabilities. With an unusual form factor (similar to that of a personal CD player) and a weight o...
The DMC-LC5 is targeted at the semi-serious photographer wanting a quality image and as such is focused on offering auto everything, as well as the ability to tinker with the "controls when needed. The 4-megapixel CCD enables the user to capture imag...
Adobe nipped at the heels of Macromedia's Flash with the animation-focused LiveMotion a couple of years ago, and is hoping to take a bigger bite with version 2.0. At the same time, Macromedia is preparing a new release of Flash - dubbed 'MX' instead ...
Half digital camera, half camcorder, webcams are versatile devices. Nonetheless, few actually allow you to capture both video clips and stills on the move and transfer them to your PC with ease. Some webcams can act as stand-alone digital cameras, bu...
Visual Web editors are all very well, but there are times when you have to roll up your sleeves and hand-code your HTML (hypertext markup language). WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) is a rather loose term when applied to Web pages, given that H...
A lot of people want to upgrade to Windows XP but are scared of losing the operating system they know. Microsoft doesn't make it easy. VCommunications' $140 System Commander 7 does.
The WinFast A250 Ultra TD is the first card we've tested to crack the 10,000 point mark in the latest 3DMark 2001 3D graphics benchmark.
Entry-level video-editing software is hardly in short supply these days, but PowerDirector offers certain features that most of the competition can't. A combination of ease of use and some clever live MPEG editing sets this package apart from the res...
Utility packages might not represent the most glamorous side of computer software, but we all know that PCs are prone to being more than just a little temperamental. It's therefore a good idea to have some tools at your disposal for when things inevi...
With Jet Set Radio Future, Smilebit has surpassed itself and its original, seminal game with an exhilarating, addictive masterpiece of awe-inspiring visuals, nerve-shattering special effects, and a feverish mix of spine-cracking music - but JSRF is m...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW