The new $599 SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX consists of an Audigy 2-based PCI sound card plus a 15-pin MIDI/joystick port on a separate bracket, an external input/output module, a remote control and a software bundle.
On the strength of the past Toca titles you could be forgiven for thinking that Toca Race Driver would be pretty much the same game but with new cars and drivers. Well, that isn’t the case at all.
Of all the viruses to hit PC users in recent years, perhaps the most infamous was Melissa. Though non-destructive, Melissa caused a stir by e-mailing copies of itself, along with information about pornographic Web sites, to contacts held in the infec...
The year is 1982 and quaffed hair, tight trousers and leather jackets are hot property. Enter a talk, dark, handsome man (well, my mother thought so) with a robotic, talking car. His name is Michael Knight and the TV series is, of course, Knight Ride...
One of the most influential films of the last decade or so is finally heading to the world of interactive entertainment. Even better, the first Matrix game will not be based on the well-known original movie, but will be released at the same time as t...
Templates to create disc labels abound but usually you need to output them on special preprinted labels and then manually apply them -- not the easiest of tasks. Wrinkles and poorly positioned labels often result, spoiling the final effect and, claim...
M-Audio’s Sonica Theater combines the mobility of the original Sonica with the rich feature set of Creative’s first external sound card, the Extigy. It comes with better audio fidelity, 7.1 channel support and a host of connections round the back. ...
Real Time Strategy (RTS) titles of late have followed a very linear form, and anyone who has played an RTS will be familiar with the overall game concept. Create the workers to collect the resources, build new structures and amass an army that will b...
Previously released as part of its Internet Security Suite, McAfee’s Parental Controls is now available as a standalone product in updated form, offering protection for kids when they’re surfing, using chatrooms or instant messaging.
LG's GCE-8520B combines some of the highest speeds on the market with great value for money. LG has also incorporated the best in CD-RW burning technology so you get top results from your hardware. Our test results proved it didn’t quite live up to i...
Corex’s CardScan has always been invaluable software, able to turn piles of business cards into useful data easily accessed via a searchable on-screen card file (or any of several popular contact managers). With CardScan Version 6.0.4 ($99 upgrade; $...
Canon is recommending its Bubble Jet i850 printer based on its speed, quality and ink nozzle technology and we’re pleased to report that it delivers on all fronts. It might be expensive but with the i850 you pay for quality.
An easy introduction to sampling, recording and sequencing, FruityLoops has long boasted one of the easiest and most intuitive interfaces around.
When McAfee purchased the shareware application SpamKiller, it added a veteran piece of anti-spam software to its arsenal. McAfee has continued to develop SpamKiller, making this a recommended addition for anyone’s Internet security toolkit.
Bluetooth has been a buzzword for quite some time now, as those in the know predict a wire-free future for our computing devices. With this latest release Microsoft has got behind the concept in a big way, so it looks like Bluetooth might finally mak...
If you’re struggling under the weight of the paper that your organisation is creating, then it’s time to take a significant re-think to how you approach printing. Businesses are creating more data and information than ever, and smart businesses are realising the environmental and commercial benefits to rolling out smarter printer options.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yooka-Laylee preview: This cheerful platformer's like Banjo-Kazooie from a parallel universe
- Kingston's mammoth 2TB flash drives launch and immediately sell out
- The $10 Raspberry Pi Zero W brings Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to the minusule micro-PC
- Meizu technology can charge a smartphone in 20 minutes
- Enterprises enter the 5G spotlight at MWC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCLevel 2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW