Ulead has upgraded its photo-editing package, creating a multitalented graphics suite for the serious digital photographer and Web designer. It now has a lot more to offer than traditional competitors such as Jasc Paint Shop Pro and newcomers such as...
Drag-and-drop video editing? Yes, it's really that easy. Creating professional looking movies with snazzy effects can be as simple as drag and drop.
Version 3.5 of Desktop DNA can quickly and easily replicate practically any of your computer's settings. It can be used effectively to recover and replace a PC's environment as well as transfer (or migrate) system settings, application settings, appl...
After years of promises, HP has finally shipped a DVD+RW drive. The good news? It stores up to 4.7GB of data per disc, and rewrites discs more than twice as quickly as rival Pioneer's DVR-A03 DVD-R/RW drive. It also runs rings around its rivals in wr...
Cloning a hard drive means making an exact copy of it, including the operating system, hidden files and every last bit and byte of data. The result is called an image file. Cloning goes beyond the scope of an everyday data backup, the point being tha...
Amped is definitely a serious game for serious snowboarders - the attention to detail, the realism, and the complex but rewarding gameplay is more technical than in most snowboarding games.
Io Interactive is taking the smooth stealthiness of the original Hitman: Codename 47 and infusing it with a much tighter control system, sweet new graphics, and even more ways to take out your mark.
Star Wars: Obi-Wan plays in the same mindless hack-n-slash vein as Jedi Power Battles, only with slightly better visuals and cooler Force powers. In fact, Obi-Wan boasts one of the best representations of the Force to ever grace a console.
The original Soul Reaver (PS) (also one of the Blood Omen family) has been officially registered in the annals of history as a brilliant game with some tragically fatal flaws.
Sometimes it's more fun being bad than good, and no one is worse than Kain - the master vampire from Blood Omen, released in 1997 - who chose to rule the world of Nosgoth through terror rather than die for its salvation.
RTCW's plot is a mishmash of cheesy cut-scenes and half-baked mission objectives involving the Nazis' attempts to create zombie supersoldiers during World War II. The weak story and the fairly predictable enemy AI mean the game doesn't forge the enth...
Another addition to Dorling Kindersley's Essential Computers series, Computing With Your Kids tackles an issue of concern to many parents: how to equip kids for getting the most out of computers and the Web.
Is letter writing a dead art? The intent of this book is not just to promote letter writing and improve the skills of those who do so; it also offers a "resource for small business operators and law consumers wishing to assert their rights".
If you've been following the developments of Microsoft's .NET strategy with interest and are keen to take your programming career in this direction, Beginning C# is a good investment.
This 4-megapixel CCD camera has the capacity to take greatly detailed images at resolutions up to 2272x1704. It isn't limited just to stills: its rich feature set gives it the versatility to bring you both sound and video recording capabilities as we...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA