This latest Pocket PC from NEC, the MobilePro 300E, has a good, but very common spec: a 206MHz StrongARM processor, 64MB of RAM, 32MB Flash ROM and a 3.5in TFT backlit 16-bit 320x240 colour screen (which isn’t bad, but isn’t as bright as that of the ...
If your growing business wants to give employees fast 802.11a (Wi-Fi5) wireless access to an existing Ethernet network yet still support slower — but more popular — 802.11b (Wi-Fi) equipment, then Intel has a deal for you.
With most desktop label printers, threading the roll of labels into the device is a major hassle. Dymo’s nifty, petite LabelManager PC eliminates that headache by working with rolls stored in pop-in cartridges that come in assorted background hues an...
Unlike a conventional mouse, which you grip with your hand parallel to the desktop, the optical VerticalMouse lets you work in a relaxed handshake position that eliminates unnatural forearm twisting — a potential factor in carpal tunnel syndrome and ...
By now you’ve probably heard of Weblogs (blogs for short) and may have added a few to your list of regularly visited sites. Using tools available free on the Net, you can create your own blog in next to no time.
Featuring 2500 ANSI lumens brightness, and aspect and contrast ratios of 4:3 and 800:1, respectively, the LP650 weighs 4.24kg and has dimensions of 11x35x32.5cm (HxWxL).
Upgrading an operating system is never as simple as popping in a CD-ROM and twiddling your thumbs through an automated install. Every OS change requires planning, retraining, and sometimes changes to client systems and custom applications. To make th...
Partitioning is possibly the best way to organise data on your PC, allowing you to divide your hard drive into manageable sections for convenience.
Western Digital recently announced the release of a monster 200GB hard drive in its Caviar series. At a time when too much hard drive space is never enough, this is a boon for power users and gamers who require a glut of hard drive space but don't ha...
Squarely aimed at the consumer market as a VCR replacement, the Philips DVDR 890 gives you the opportunity to record all your favourite TV programs (or other video sources) onto DVD+RW (or DVD+R) discs at the quality setting of your choice.
Nikon's new Coolpix 5700 has much in common with the earlier Coolpix 5000. Both share the same 5 megapixel CCD, with sufficient detail to make great-looking 13x10in colour inkjet prints.
Microsoft has released for free download the first public beta of Windows Media Player 9, offering faster streaming and better compression, high-quality music playback, and support for multichannel movie surround sound, plus other features - if, that...
If you often travel with an ultraportable notebook that lacks legacy ports, but you don't want to lug along a bulky docking station, check out Keyspan's $179 Mini USB Port Replicator.
Splashdown's PS2 release marked the first time that quality jet ski racing could be found outside the Wave Race series, and this Xbox version brings the love to the Microsoft crowd.
If you already create 3D content for Web pages, you're not only a rare commodity, you're clearly a designer of great patience. For there's little doubt that the main hurdle towards the adoption of 3D on the Internet has been the labour-intensive and ...
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA