The QV-4000 greatly improves on the design and look of predecessors in Casio's QV series. The QV-4000 feels solid, and most of the buttons and dials work smoothly.
A wealth of new features makes this a compelling purchase for those who weren't taken by the seemingly-rushed original 10.0 release.
Compressing files is even easier now, thanks to new versions of WinZip and PKZip. Both compress one or more files into .zip archives, and both restore archives.
Scene detection, strong DV capture tools and audio extraction make Videofactory 2.0 one of the more enjoyable consumer video-editing solutions on the market today.
To celebrate Paint Shop Pro's 10th anniversary, Jasc Software has released a new edition of its popular image editing software - version 7. Not a must-have upgrade to this Adobe Photoshop alternative but comes with many extras.
With a streamlined interface, greater speed, several new features, and more stability, SystemWorks continues to be a must-have utility.
The IBM MicroPortable has great specifications - including 1100 Ansi lumens; max resolution 1024x768 at 16.7m; max display size 120in at 4.2m; S-Video; DVI; 120W; 215x169x51mm; 1.33kg - although at over $9000 this comes at a fair price.
The Acer S2W 5300U offers one of the best combinations of price, specifications and performance. It's not a speed demon but the results are worth waiting for.
If you've been reticent to buy goods and services online because of security fears, you might want to take a look at Protect Yourself Online.
As a beginner's guide, the Mac OS X Book assumes only very basic knowledge, instead focusing on introducing ideas through background knowledge and theory - all in an easy-to-read, light-hearted style.
Aimed at the intermediate to advanced user markets, this book is a comprehensive guide for anyone looking to enter the world of digital audio or hoping to expand their knowledge of this subject.
The PJ1075 is a tiny projector that is simple to use and offers excellent image quality for professional presentations and movie watching alike.
Tables, editable effects, easy integration with other Adobe products and streamlined production make this a great package.
WHAT'S HOT: The P720 has an attractive black-and-silver case and eight buttons on its panel. The control buttons combined with a fairly intuitive menu make the P720 easy to use. Image quality is excellent, with sharp text on our desktop and on Micros...
The new features of Adobe Illustrator offer increased creative possibilities and ease of production.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCNetwork EngineerACT