Apple has added two new iMacs to its desktop range. The $3795 top-of-the-line 17in wide screen model features a 1GHz G4 processor, 256MB of DDR SDRAM, and an updated 4x SuperDrive that creates both CDs and DVDs. The machine uses an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX...
Panasonic’s new Toughbook Light range comprises the $3999 CF-R1 (pictured), featuring a 10.4in anti-glare display, and the $4199 CF-T1, which is identical apart from its larger 12.1in display.
Recent versions of Mandrake Linux have not changed much from the user’s perspective, as stability and software updates have been the focus of releases over the last year. Mandrake Linux 9.1 is the first significant update to the popular Linux distrib...
The Opera 7 browser offers a host of new innovations including a links panel that features all the links on a particular page, and a ‘fast forward’ feature that takes users to the next page they are most likely to visit.
Qualcomm’s Eudora for Windows 5.2 concentrates on the ever-rising tide of unsolicited and sometimes malicious e-mail, otherwise known as spam, which accounts for close to a fifth of the 20 billion e-mails sent each day around the world. This surge in...
In the Tech Files section in the June 2003 issue (on page 99) we reviewed a selection of the latest graphics cards available from NVIDIA and ATI, which are based on their new family of FX chipsets. Here are the results for ATI Radeon 9700Pro-based gr...
In the Tech Files section in the June 2003 issue (on page 99) we reviewed a selection of the latest graphics cards available from NVIDIA, which are based on their new family of FX chipsets. Here are the results.
The new $599 SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX consists of an Audigy 2-based PCI sound card plus a 15-pin MIDI/joystick port on a separate bracket, an external input/output module, a remote control and a software bundle.
On the strength of the past Toca titles you could be forgiven for thinking that Toca Race Driver would be pretty much the same game but with new cars and drivers. Well, that isn’t the case at all.
Of all the viruses to hit PC users in recent years, perhaps the most infamous was Melissa. Though non-destructive, Melissa caused a stir by e-mailing copies of itself, along with information about pornographic Web sites, to contacts held in the infec...
The year is 1982 and quaffed hair, tight trousers and leather jackets are hot property. Enter a talk, dark, handsome man (well, my mother thought so) with a robotic, talking car. His name is Michael Knight and the TV series is, of course, Knight Ride...
One of the most influential films of the last decade or so is finally heading to the world of interactive entertainment. Even better, the first Matrix game will not be based on the well-known original movie, but will be released at the same time as t...
Templates to create disc labels abound but usually you need to output them on special preprinted labels and then manually apply them -- not the easiest of tasks. Wrinkles and poorly positioned labels often result, spoiling the final effect and, claim...
M-Audio’s Sonica Theater combines the mobility of the original Sonica with the rich feature set of Creative’s first external sound card, the Extigy. It comes with better audio fidelity, 7.1 channel support and a host of connections round the back. ...
Real Time Strategy (RTS) titles of late have followed a very linear form, and anyone who has played an RTS will be familiar with the overall game concept. Create the workers to collect the resources, build new structures and amass an army that will b...
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSnr Security Architect - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- CCSolution ManagerSA
- CCSystems EngineerACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTICT Security AnalystQLD
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW