Microsoft Game Studios has released more information on FreeLancer, Digital Anvil’s enormously ambitious PC space exploration game due to hit stores in March.
Sony’s ever-expanding range of Clie handhelds is not just growing at the high end of the market. The company is now taking the entry-level PDA seriously, with the new models, the SL10 and SJ30. The latter is the colour model and literally blows the c...
Report writing has to be one of the least glamorous technologies around, but it is absolutely critical as most companies rely on reports to make important business decisions. Crystal Decisions’ Crystal Reports software ranks among the best in its fie...
Although not as bulky as other models in the Nomad range, the Zen’s size is approximately equivalent to a cassette-based Walkman. Its outer shell is metal, making the unit very sturdy, while all buttons and ports reside on the sides of the player.
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) monitors have become a viable option of late due to their attractive pricing and features. Although not as versatile as CRTs, LCDs are often preferred for a number of reasons. The footprint and thickness of the display it...
By the time you read this, Microsoft’s VP of Emerging Technologies, Dick Brass, will have unveiled the Tablet PC to Australians as part of a simultaneous worldwide launch in November.
The Coolpix 2000 is Nikon’s first foray into low-end point-and-shoot models for novice users, and offers an excellent combination of value for money, features and ease of use.
in digital photography is booming: people want to have more control over their images, and the technology can require less hassle than film cameras. Film cameras are still widely used for happy snaps but benefits such as previewing just-taken images ...
Encyclopædia Britannica now comes on a single DVD.
With Pinnacle and Matrox seemingly in a race to see who can bring down the cost of real-time video editing more quickly, now is a great time for enthusiasts to buy. The RT.X10 is an attempt to bridge the gap between Matrox’s high-end products and hom...
I tested a Lotus Notes/Domino 6 release candidate (the retail release will be shipping by the time you read this) and found a lot of things to like, including an overhauled interface, improved mail tools and upgraded calendaring features.
One of the most exciting DVD drive newcomers is Sony’s groundbreaking $899 DRU-500A. Not only does this suber-burner write DVD+RW and +R at 2.4x, it also writes the competing DVD-R and DVD-RW formats. And get this: it does so at 4x and 2x — twice as...
People may have bought the iPaq in droves, but the PDA’s designers know that the technology inside has to stay ahead of cheaper alternatives to survive. The new iPaq 3970, sold under the HP banner despite the Compaq livery, contains a number of uniqu...
You can’t ignore the threat of PC viruses, but the latest antivirus programs let you devote less time and energy to defending against them.
The FinePix digital camera range from FujiFilm heralded the combination of snazzy compact style with superb functionality, not forgetting good digital photography for a reasonable price and a total out-of-the-box solution. FujiFilm introduces another...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FT.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD