The emphasis of this release of Ulead’s high-end video editing package is improvements to existing technology rather than packing in a host of new tools. This has made the program easier to use than previous releases, but it won’t provide a great inc...
ImageZoom will appeal to Web designers who wish to create interactive images that, as the name suggests, can be zoomed into.
Can’t quite afford the latest tablet PCs or a Wacom-style graphics tablet? The Acecat 302 pen and graphics tablet combo is a cost-effective solution. The device is ideal for users with little or no experience in tablets or computers, as it comes with...
Palm has kept a low profile in the last few months while competitors such as Sony have continued to beat it at its own game, with PDAs featuring high-quality, high-resolution screens, attractive designs and tonnes of add-ons. But Palm is fighting bac...
For users of devices that rely on card-based media — especially digital cameras — there is nothing more annoying than first having to connect your device to the PC and then having to load up the appropriate interface software to access the data you h...
Kyocera says that its $1395 Finecam S5 is the world’s smallest 5-megapixel camera. The size is indeed wonderful, but the quality of the camera’s images leaves much to be desired.
After a period of calm with low-priced models, the new breed of USB 2.0 scanner is pushing the asking price back towards the $500 mark.
This antivirus and personal firewall solution comprises six modules: Murphy Shield, BitDefender Live, Quarantine, Scheduler, BitDefender P2P and Shell Extension.
With everything slowly turning digital and the proposed closedown of analogue transmissions, you’ll soon have to take a leap in the 21st century whether you like it or not. Digital TV has gained a lot of publicity -- not all of it positive -- but rad...
In the Tech Files section in the June 2003 issue (on page 99) we reviewed a selection of the latest graphics cards available from NVIDIA and ATI, which are based on their new family of FX chipsets. Here are the results for ATI Radeon 9800Pro-based gr...
In the June print issue of PC World Magazine (on page 98) we looked at Intel’s new high-end Desktop platform for the Pentium 4 CPU, which is the Intel 875P chipset.
Apple has added two new iMacs to its desktop range. The $3795 top-of-the-line 17in wide screen model features a 1GHz G4 processor, 256MB of DDR SDRAM, and an updated 4x SuperDrive that creates both CDs and DVDs. The machine uses an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX...
Panasonic’s new Toughbook Light range comprises the $3999 CF-R1 (pictured), featuring a 10.4in anti-glare display, and the $4199 CF-T1, which is identical apart from its larger 12.1in display.
Recent versions of Mandrake Linux have not changed much from the user’s perspective, as stability and software updates have been the focus of releases over the last year. Mandrake Linux 9.1 is the first significant update to the popular Linux distrib...
The Opera 7 browser offers a host of new innovations including a links panel that features all the links on a particular page, and a ‘fast forward’ feature that takes users to the next page they are most likely to visit.
High quality with fast printing option is the smart way to print for small businesses
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTFinance AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk/Junior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- TPProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA