GNOME is one of the most popular desktops for Linux. Following 18 months development, the latest version of GNOME, 2.0, is now available. In this column we examine what's new, what's improved and what's missing from this milestone release for the GNO...
Review? What review? All I know is for the last few weeks I've been running around blasting everything in sight. Sometimes I stop and blast the bad guy over and over again just in case - but it's really to see how many different horrifying animation...
Hundreds of fun games are released every year, but only a few have the potential to change a genre or deliver something truly remarkable. Neverwinter Nights is one such game.
The Rubik's brainteaser was an international obsession in the 1970s and 1980s and now the fixation has come to the Net. The site is immensely simple, but refreshingly well done, with great graphics and smooth motion.
Canon was the first manufacturer to combine designer chic and photographic versatility for compact digital cameras with its Ixus range. Many have followed suit, but Canon continues to develop the series to keep the Ixus name at the forefront of compa...
Panasonic's SV-AV10 squeezes masses of functionality into its tiny shell. This digital camera measures 27x88x50mm and weighs 98g, but it can capture still and moving images and voice recordings, as well as acting as an MP3 player.
Those helpful Russians at Kaspersky Labs have been protecting our PCs from viruses since 1997. However, the company's products have a reputation for user interfaces that are about as self-explanatory as a tax return form.
It's fair to say that iFinger is one of those tools that you never knew you needed. And once you start using this electronic reference utility, it will become either invaluable or infuriating, depending on the nature of your work.
This graphics card is aimed at gamers (as well as business professionals) with screen real estate, image quality and performance in mind.
In the July issue of PC World, we reviewed the Pioneer DVR-A04 DVD-RW drive, the first to market with -R writing capabilities. Now Hewlett-Packard, a member of the rival DVD+RW alliance, has released its competing DVD200e external DVD+RW drive (pic...
Even though the back of this quite substantial resource suggests it caters for user levels from intermediate to advanced, the way the book introduces key concepts step by step also makes it useful for those with only a small degree of previous Direct...
The $US30 Desktop/LX distribution from upstart Lycoris demonstrates that Microsoft's monopoly on friendly OSes for the PC could be coming to a close. I looked at a late beta version of Desktop/LX Amethyst Update 2.
If technology is supposed to take you into the digital era, why do you have that mountain of paper on your desk? As much as we'd like to move towards a paperless office, that ever-growing pile of hard copies remains. If you'd like to take action and ...
Drive imaging, the best way to back up your entire hard drive for disaster recovery, used to require rebooting to DOS. Now you can do much of the chore in Windows.
There's a model to suit all budgets in Lexmark's extensive range of inkjet printers . At $149, the Z35 is the second cheapest in the range, a fact that becomes painfully obvious the second you take the printer out of the box. One of the smaller inkje...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia