Often you hear artists deriding the use of technology to create new works, so it's refreshing to see a book by one that focuses on how it can help in the creative process.
You'll be hard-pressed to find a smaller full-featured point-and-shoot than Minolta's new 2-megapixel Dimage X. This digital camera is slightly smaller than a deck of cards, and less than an inch deep -- even when it's turned on and ready to shoot.
Xerox is aiming its freshest group of printers -- the Phaser 8200s -- at small to medium-size businesses. The Phaser 8200N is an affordable choice for workgroups that need a full-featured, networkable colour printer.
The Caplio RR120 is an entry-level model from Ricoh that combines value for money and ease of use. Photographically it's limited and it doesn't have many extras, but it's a good introduction to digital photography.
While many PC users employ some sort of contact manager to store basic information such as postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers, actually synchronising that data across an organisation often requires something more substantial.
Adobe FrameMaker's legendary status in the DTP (desktop publishing) world is undisputed, but does it have much of a future? The recent aggressive promotion of stablemate InDesign has prompted some to question Adobe's continued commitment to the vener...
If you often present PowerPoint slides, you've probably yearned to be untethered from your laptop. Atek Electronics' Tote-Remote and Logitech's versatile Cordless Presenter give you the freedom to conduct a presentation without touching a keyboard --...
It's a good thing that nVidia produces top-quality technology, since its arcane naming system is calculated to drive the video industry crazy. Not only is its GeForce4 family split into two differing branches -- the MX and Ti -- nVidia also insists o...
WrestleMania X8 is the first and only GameCube wrestling game to date, and it is so disappointing it will have GameCube owners going to their PS2-owning friends' houses to play SmackDown.
When LucasArts announces a new Star Wars game, people get curious. When it says it will be an RPG set 4000 years before the first movie, people start paying attention. But when it reveals that the game is being developed by BioWare, the outfit behind...
You can play through hundreds of years of Scottish history in Highland Warriors, a new 3D RTS that hopes to revolutionise the genre with attention to detail and sheer mayhem.
Any game that can make Dungeon Siege and the Baldur's Gate series look limited in scope has to win your respect. Morrowind effortlessly grabs the other PC RPGs by the throat, swings them around, and leaves them in a heap on the side of the road.
Fusing good looks and functionality, three new PDAs are set to give Palm a run for its money.
Teac and LG have raised the bar yet again with a pair of revolutionary CD-RW drives that effortlessly outclass the previous 32x models. Offering CD-R rates of up to 40x, these two drives are pushing existing technology to its extremes.
What an interesting romp this is through the "story of the keyboard @ your fingertips" - and, by necessity, its predecessor the typewriter.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia