Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) monitors have become a viable option of late due to their attractive pricing and features. Although not as versatile as CRTs, LCDs are often preferred for a number of reasons. The footprint and thickness of the display it...
By the time you read this, Microsoft’s VP of Emerging Technologies, Dick Brass, will have unveiled the Tablet PC to Australians as part of a simultaneous worldwide launch in November.
The Coolpix 2000 is Nikon’s first foray into low-end point-and-shoot models for novice users, and offers an excellent combination of value for money, features and ease of use.
in digital photography is booming: people want to have more control over their images, and the technology can require less hassle than film cameras. Film cameras are still widely used for happy snaps but benefits such as previewing just-taken images ...
Encyclopædia Britannica now comes on a single DVD.
With Pinnacle and Matrox seemingly in a race to see who can bring down the cost of real-time video editing more quickly, now is a great time for enthusiasts to buy. The RT.X10 is an attempt to bridge the gap between Matrox’s high-end products and hom...
I tested a Lotus Notes/Domino 6 release candidate (the retail release will be shipping by the time you read this) and found a lot of things to like, including an overhauled interface, improved mail tools and upgraded calendaring features.
One of the most exciting DVD drive newcomers is Sony’s groundbreaking $899 DRU-500A. Not only does this suber-burner write DVD+RW and +R at 2.4x, it also writes the competing DVD-R and DVD-RW formats. And get this: it does so at 4x and 2x — twice as...
People may have bought the iPaq in droves, but the PDA’s designers know that the technology inside has to stay ahead of cheaper alternatives to survive. The new iPaq 3970, sold under the HP banner despite the Compaq livery, contains a number of uniqu...
You can’t ignore the threat of PC viruses, but the latest antivirus programs let you devote less time and energy to defending against them.
The FinePix digital camera range from FujiFilm heralded the combination of snazzy compact style with superb functionality, not forgetting good digital photography for a reasonable price and a total out-of-the-box solution. FujiFilm introduces another...
If size matters, someone forgot to tell America Online’s ICQ instant messaging division. They have released ICQ Lite, a condensed version of AOL’s popular IM program with uncharacteristically few features.
The Audigy 2 now features true 24-bit/96KHz playback and recording to support true DVD-Audio. DVD-Audio is a new audio format, which hopes to do for the music industry what DVD-Video did for the film business — in other words, replace CDs in the way ...
ATI's Radeon 9700 graphics chip runs faster than anything the company's main competitor, NVidia, currently offers. With 3D applications and games finally catching up to the hardware, that actually matters again.
If you want a DVD drive you can carry around in your bag for watching movies and occasionally for use with your PC, BenQ wants you to think about the DVD Gem.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA