Groove Networks Inc. founder Ray Ozzie and his teams have always pretended to build application software. But what they have actually delivered are the operating systems of the future -- years ahead of schedule.
Steinberg’s flagship Cubase SX is a complete solution for composing, editing and mixing multitrack audio or MIDI via an array of powerful built-in tools. Be warned, though, it has hefty recommended system requirements and a good sound card is essenti...
Almost everyone loves James Bond-style gadgets and as technology storms ahead, such miniaturised marvels are becoming even more accessible to us all. One example of this is Swann’s medium-sized, green PenCam — a pen with a covert wireless colour vide...
InterVideo’s WinDVD Recorder, along with a TV capture card, lets you record your favourite television shows or any digital video source in real time to hard disk, CD or rewritable DVD disc, using high-quality 720x480 MPEG-2 format.
Kerio MailServer is an integrated cross platform e-mail server for Windows, Solaris, Mac OS X and Linux, targeted at small to medium businesses seeking a drop-in application to look after all of their e-mail services. Its major selling points are sec...
LaCie Australia has released what it claims to be the world’s highest capacity portable drives, dubbed the Big Disk. The drives connect to your PC by means of an easy-to-use and speedy (400Mbps) FireWire connection that is stated to have a sustained ...
In the March 2003 of PC World we put 12 new motherboards to the test, comparing the latest chipsets from Intel and AMD!
As the latest in the line of Need For Speed games, Hot Pursuit 2 provides exciting arcade racing through 12 scenic locations using over 20 of the fastest cars the world has to offer.
BMX XXX tries to meld extreme sports with risqué humour but comes up short.
Stitch must be the luckiest fugitive alien going. Having hightailed it from an intergalactic prison, his spacecraft crash-lands on Hawaii where, after a nasty collision, he ends up in a dog pound and is spotted by lonely orphan Lilo. Unaware that the...
PageMaker might be the program that coined the expression ‘desktop publishing’ (DTP), but the original page layout software for personal computers was, in fact, Ventura Publisher. In the mid-1980s it was developed by Xerox and ran under a pre-Windows...
Weblogs (or blogs) are truly addictive. Where else can you get to peek into a stranger’s obsessions and find new sites and strange stuff online?
Another year, another fresh release of SystemWorks. Many of us raised on flaky Windows 95, 98 or Me machines will have had cause to be grateful to SystemWorks for saving the day in the past, but does the suite still merit a place on a Windows XP syst...
Project IGI was the surprise hit from Norwegian developer Innerloop around Christmas 2000. Codemasters snapped up the rights to the sequel.
The Sony MPDAP20U is a CD-RW and DVD-ROM drive that also doubles as a portable audio player.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems Support EngineerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTTest Analyst - Application TestingACT
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD