Samurai meets princess. Samurai loses princess. Samurai butchers a supernatural army to win back princess. That's the basic premise that fuels Genma Onimusha, an action/adventure title that should be called Onimusha Redux: this is an improved version...
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions is an odd concoction of mission-based racing that puts you in two sets of shoes - as both uniformed and undercover police officers. The game's premise, coupled with challenging and diverse scenarios, is more than enough...
Shrek is a graphical achievement with gorgeously rendered interior and exterior textures, stunning real-time lighting, and awesome shadow effects. The sprawling, fairy-tale inspired worlds are fantastically designed and detailed, and by boasting emot...
Hankies at the ready, this is a sad story. When I was five, I desperately wanted a Barbie, but my parents couldn't afford one (are those violins I hear?). In the end, I had to make do with a cheap fake from the corner shop. Of course, this scarred ...
It's a few years after the destruction of the second Death Star, and the New Republic is starting to take shape. Of course, in fine Star Wars fashion, a new threat is approaching to terrorise the galaxy, and who better to fight this new phantom menac...
After many long years in development, C&C Renegade shows the world that you don't need sentimental war nostalgia, Nazis, or the Quake III engine to make an awesome first-person shooter.
According to the blurb on the back, this "million-selling" book will "make you an Internet guru in the shortest possible time". The aim is similar to the Dummies books, but the Rough Guide version wears a cooler guise. Whether this makes it a better ...
If you're in the market for a hard copy reference for computer terms, the Computer Desktop Encyclopedia presents a good package.
When people start using computers, it soon becomes clear to them that there is a huge amount to learn. Of course, the Internet can be a great resource, but a reference book like PC Performance can be more helpful in coming to grips with the technolog...
Apple has finally launched the fully revamped version of its best-selling personal computer. The latest model incorporates many of the most-requested features, while retaining plenty of the best traits that are found in existing higher-end Macs.
The RipGo is the first of two players in this review that can burn CDs as well as function as a portable MP3 player (it also plays WMA files). This CD-based device uses 8cm discs that can hold up to 180MB of data (200MB discs are also available). Whi...
The deep, clear and powerful sound of the Logitech Z-560 THX-certified 4.1 system's 8in sub-woofer made the entire office take note once we pushed the volume knob over the fourth notch on the dial.
The PC-EPhone is touted as the first wireless device to converge the functions of a PDA, telephone and handheld PC complete with full Internet browsing capabilities. With an unusual form factor (similar to that of a personal CD player) and a weight o...
The DMC-LC5 is targeted at the semi-serious photographer wanting a quality image and as such is focused on offering auto everything, as well as the ability to tinker with the "controls when needed. The 4-megapixel CCD enables the user to capture imag...
Adobe nipped at the heels of Macromedia's Flash with the animation-focused LiveMotion a couple of years ago, and is hoping to take a bigger bite with version 2.0. At the same time, Macromedia is preparing a new release of Flash - dubbed 'MX' instead ...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia