A Governance Guide for Hybrid SharePoint Migrations
Cloud-based computing represents a powerful new option for managing enterprise content, offering increased flexibility, efficiency, and reduced cost for IT infrastructure, data storage, and applications. However, for a variety of business and technical reasons, most organisations will take a phased approach to adopting cloud-based services, which will require them to continue to maintain their on-premises SharePoint environments during the transition. This white paper, written by Chris Beckett from SharePoint Bits, discusses some of the benefits and risks of hybrid SharePoint deployments, and presents governance considerations that are essential for ensuring a successful migration.
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Are you protected? Get ahead of the curve with Dell EMC data protection solutions powered by Intel® Download whitepaper »
INSIGHTS: THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN IT SECURITY STRATEGIES SURVEY: TOP TIPS Download whitepaper »
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT