A Data Center Fabric Is Critical to a Next-Generation Unified Data Center
The data center has gone through several major evolutionary changes over the past several decades, and each change has been defined by major shifts in computing. The shift to a virtual data center will be the single biggest transition in the history of computing. This transition will reshape all the major data center tiers: applications, storage, servers and the network. This paper examines the drivers of this transition, provides real-world case studies and includes data centre fabric best practices.
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Are you protected? Get ahead of the curve with Dell EMC data protection solutions powered by Intel® Download whitepaper »
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC