Maximise Software Cost Savings by License Reharvesting, Recycling & Applying Product Use Rights
Software asset management (SAM) is a complex process that enables organisations to gain control of their software estate from both a license compliance and financial standpoint. In many organisations, SAM represents one of the few remaining ways that substantial IT savings can be realised. McKinsey and Sand-Hill Group estimate that 30% or more of IT budgets are consumed by software license and maintenance costs. By optimising the SAM process, organisations can maximise software utilisation, reduce the risk of non-compliance (audits, fees, penalties), and reduce overall IT costs by as much as 5 to 10% per year. Read on.
INSIGHTS: THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN IT SECURITY STRATEGIES SURVEY: TOP TIPS Download whitepaper »
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia