Best Practices for Oracle License Management: Optimise Usage and Minimise Audit Liability
With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
Boards of directors are too often kept in the dark about the security risks to their organisations. That’s what the Ponemon Institute discovered last June when they surveyed members of the board of directors and IT security experts from the same companies. The Ponemon researchers found that 30% of directors acknowledge that they don’t understand the risks that their organisation faces in security matters. Yet more than 50% of the IT security experts believe that the directors who sit on the boards of their companies don’t understand the security environment that they are working in, or the risks it represents. Read this today.. Download whitepaper »
Exploiting weaknesses in browsers, operating systems, and other third-party software to infect end user systems is a common initial step for security attacks and breaches. Finding and fixing these vulnerabilities before the attackers can take advantage of them is a proactive defensive measure that is an essential part of any security program. Overview of VM Program: Prepare Assess Remediate Track Progress Download whitepaper »
The Cloud is particularly valuable to small and medium-size businesses (SMB’s) because it provides access to full function applications at a reasonable price, without substantial operating expenditure for hardware and software. Using the correct cloud provider, a company can rapidly scale as their business grows or a new company is added. Download whitepaper »
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC