Implementing Energy Efficient Data Centres
Electrical power usage is not a typical design criterion for data centers, nor is it effectively managed as an expense. This is true despite the fact that the electrical power costs over the life of a data center may exceed the costs of the electrical power system including the UPS, and also may exceed the cost of the IT equipment. Read on.
INSIGHTS: THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN IT SECURITY STRATEGIES SURVEY: TOP TIPS Download whitepaper »
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- FTQA - Business Development Lead (IT)Asia
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Reporting Officer - Tabelau exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT